The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #21

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Deirdre, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrokenSmile93

BrokenSmile93 Dead on Arrival

Yeah sorry about that guys! I realize that sometimes I can be a bowl of depression! lol. hence the name BrokenSmile93....I love Maroo5!
    But yeah, after I wrote it I kinda felt bad for even thinking that one of them might someday die:(

But as for what you said,Love_Fan, I think that your exactly right about Nick. Emotional breakdowns are his thing. But I wasn't really sure about Greg. I think he could go either way...Again sorry if I am upsetting you guys!

2. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

I LOVE rispacooper's fics!! I've also just discovered 'A Certain Sunset' by Sara_girl which is absolutely beautiful. And aebhel...:drool: My collection of 'I have to read this story again because I feel so good and warm and happy and *cough* when I do' stories has grown exponentially! These are writers I aspire to be as good as someday!

I'm sorry but I also don't want to think about either Nick or Greg dying. Mostly because I can't see one living without the other, they would be a shell, but also because I'm in a personal situation that makes stuff like that doubly depressing. I read one character death fic and I was sobbing so hard afterwards.

I still haven't watched the finale. All the comments I've seen just make me feel 'meh' about it. At least Hog Heaven had a tiny Love moment! Even if it was 'blink and you'll miss it! :lol:

3. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I feel ya on that. I absolutely cannot read a character death story without crying, no matter how hard I try. I've seen enough death in real life so I try to avoid it in stories, at least when it comes to people that I feel any sort of emotional connection to. As for one of the boys dying, I think they'd be very upset for quite a while, but woul manage to move on. They love each other, but they both have more going on in their lives than just each other, so I think they'd manage to pull through with the help of other stuff. I think it would be harder on Nick because he already seems to be holding a lot of stuff in. Losing Greg could easily be the straw that breaks the camel's back, to borrow a hideous cliché. Still, I don't think either of them is going anywhere until the series ends -- and at that point they can ride off into the sunset together :)

4. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

There's no need to apologize, 'girl with the BrokenSmile' ;):) You have started a very interesting discussion.

Yeah, "A Certain Sunset" is one of the most beautiful Nick/Greg fics I've ever read. Oh, I also have a growing collection of 'I must read these fics!' that includes the stories written by the posters on The Fort. I hope this weekend I will have time to enjoy all those fics.

Egeria, I know you're having a hard time *hugs* Do you want to feel good, and warm, and happy? Have you read carolinecrane's sugar rush series? And the fetish :devil:series? and the pancakes series?

AMEN to that! :thumbsup:

Nick (and the writers ;)) know the difference between 'rock on'

[​IMG]

and 'I Love You' ;)

[​IMG]

5. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

I am obsessed reading N/G fics (I check my mobile phone at least 10 times a day. LOL). The authors you mentioned are all great. I find Catlover writes the best AUs (just my opinion). Seabird when will you venture into writing some fics (LOL)?

Does anyone have that photo software that will show you what your kids will look like. I really want to see what nick & greg's kids will look like. I might be biased but i hope he has Greg's freckles and Nick's dimples. Sooooo cute

6. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

I had a bunch of PMs to read and in one of them, a person has told me that she loves my avatar. I've pointed her out to that scene from "The Hunger Artist"; after watching it and although she's not a Nick/Greg shipper, she says that Nick is totally checking Greg out! ;) Yes, The Love is very telling! ;)
    I can't write. I wish I could....That's one of the reasons I admire so much these talented people who write those amazing Nick/Greg fics and I love when they come to The Fort to share them with us. :bolian:

Yes, I also love Catlover's AUs. My favourites are "The Incredibly True Adventures of Two Little Beasties In Love" (Nick and Greg in high school); "Pirates" and the "Greg Sanders Private Dick" series. Mr Big and Greg together in old Las Vegas....:drool:

7. BrokenSmile93

BrokenSmile93 Dead on Arrival

Since you recommended them I read them. They're really good! Man! no body has posted in ever!!!!

Ok so I was watching some House/Wilson :)adore:) clips. And I realized something...Most of their ship is based on words. Which made me realize that our ships is based mostly on actions. And that isn't a bad thing. Cuz I also thought that actions are a lot better than word! And I think we have enough actions to prove it!:devil:

8. egeria

Wow, this thread has been quiet for a while! I suppose with the show finished for the season there's isn't much to talk about or speculate on. Sometimes that's just as fun!

Thanks for the fanfic recommendations! :D I'll bookmark them and then sit down with a cup of coffee or glass of wine to read. I'm also working on a number of fics myself. So many ideas, so little time to write them in!

Also, if you haven't seen it, I made a Love wall for the Shakespeare challenge that I think you guys might like. I posted it over in the Wallpaper Showcase in the Fan Art forum. I'd love it if you guys took a look :D

9. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

You just know that I have a new wallpaper on my desktop :D Thanks for making it, Egeria. It's really beautiful.

"The course of true love never did run smooth"

( Lysander in "A Midsummer Night's Dream")

SO TRUE.... ;)

Do you know that Eric played the role of Lysander in a production of "A Midsummer Night's Dream? What wouldn't we give for seeing him on stage saying those beautiful words! *sigh*

Yes, we have more than enough. ;) Our ship is based in actions...

[​IMG]

...and looks....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and on how they always care for each other...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Well there is the old saying: 'Actions speak louder than words' Brokensmile is correct on that one, it goes so well with our ship. The way they used to tough each other (mostly Nick touching Greg) and the way they look at each other. They also mirror each others actions sometimes.

As for fanfic I could not agree more about Catlover's "The Incredibly True Adventures of Two vulgar Beasties In Love" This is one of my favorite fics, I have read it at least three maybe four times.

As well as Geekwriters 'One good man', probably the best fic ever written or close to it.

11. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

I've been talking to other Nick/Greg shippers and since have a long, hot summer ahead us, maybe we could play some game to entertain us and keep The Fort interesting ;)

I couldn't agree with you more; Geekwriter's "One Good Man" is one of the best fics ever written. Other Geekwriter Nick/Greg fics that I love are: "Absolutely Zero" and "Autre Ne Vueil".

More awesome Nick/Greg AU fics:
    - carolinecrane: "No Great Cathedral", "A Lesser Proof"
    - Kennedy: "Stokes, Sanders and The Lost Tribe of Samartia"
    - catlover2x and fred_bear: "Masquerade Series"

Here are some of my favourite Nick/Greg fics (I have a long, very long list :))

-Saras_Girl: "Nine Songs", "A Certain Sunset"
    - RurouniHime: "Sea of Vegas"
    - Seshat3: "Follow The Evidence"
    - Girlnorth: "The Intrincacies of Grief"
    - carolinecrane: "All The Way To Paris", "Sweet Cool Water"

Definitely, Nick likes touching Greg. And Greg knows it...:devil: Look at his smile:

[​IMG]

12. egeria

Well, here's my idea...

We could play a game like '3 Things' and then each poster posts 3 things about The Love.

3 Reasons why the Love makes me happy
    or
    3 ways I wish the Love would become canon
    or
    3 Love fics I can't get enough of.

And so on...

That way, we are still posting three items in our posts as per the rules...

What do you guys think?

Awww..thanks!!

I'm going to go read the ones you're recommended now :D Maybe you can pm me the whole list?

13. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Ah, great idea :thumbsup:. It's way too quiet here!

So, 3 reasons why the Love makes me happy? Hm, that's a tough questions. I guess, the Love makes me happy because I like to think that a love like theirs really exists or can be possible. Two people, complete opposites, who found each other ... I'm such a romantic :rolleyes:;)
    I just love to see them together. Every thing about them screams Love, every conversation, every single touch ...
    And of course both are rather easy on the eye (that's an expression, right?)

3 ways I'd love for the Love to become canon. Hm, considering the show it should be something subtle like mentioning that they live together, went on a trip together, share the same room in a hotel, a touch that just lingers too long to be only friendly. Something subtle, yes, that would fit the show.
    Now, if you'd ask me about what I would like to see. Well, it would be far from subtle ... :eek::devil:

And about the fics. Well, my very first Love fic was Sno by armani. I still love it very much. Then of course anything by MsMaggs! She's a goddess! And I also love Don't Fence Me In by kennedy!

14. egeria

Nice ones!

Ok, I guess I'll give my 3 ways I'd love the Love to go canon.

1. Nick turns to Greg and says 'see you at home'.

2. Nick and Greg both have the same picture of themselves hung up in their lockers. A 'couple-y' picture.

3. Greg calls Nick a term of endearment. (Because lets face it, Nick calls Greg endearments all the time, it's about time Greg did the same :D)

Feel free to make up your own '3 Things', it doesn't have to be the ones I mentioned! Those were just ideas to get the ball rolling :D

15. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I'm not so sure I want 'The Love' to go canon -TPTB will only ruin it.

But three things that make me happy about our ship:

1) Both guys are hot, and look hot together. The chemistry between them is so real.
    2) They don't have to flaunt it, its subtle and natural.
    3) I love the looks, the way they communicate without words, its obvious there is a bond between them.

From the very first season you can see it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.