Grade Season Nine

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by vegaslights, May 15, 2009.

?

What would you grade season nine?

1. A+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. A

8.3%
  3. A-

10.4%
  4. B+

22.9%
  5. B

12.5%
  6. B-

8.3%
  7. C+

6.3%
  8. C

20.8%
  9. C-

4.2%
  10. D+

2.1%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

2.1%
  13. F

2.1%
  1. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I gave it a B+, I never have enjoyed CSI more. Although I do think Ray is in the spotlight too much at the expense of the others, I still loved this season.

2. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

I guess this season gets a C from me... reason??? Mascara... and all the 'great' Langston epis this season....

The only good episodes were Turn, Turn, Turn, For Warrick and One To Go.

Another reason this season got a C and not a D from me is that George Eads performance was great this season even he had to deal with so much pain in his back :thumbsup:

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I as well give it a C I loved all the 1st few, up and until Grissom left, and a couple were outstanding, but most embarassing, the new girl Riley is not cutting it, as to high expectations some were hoping for, however LF is great, but he's great but he's no Grissom this season is the worst ever in CSI history next to the last 8 years~

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I went with A-.

This season was probably my favorite season, to be quite honest. I am in the minority when it comes to Ray; I like him a lot. He's the total opposite of Grissom, and I enjoy that. While he's in the spotlight, we're still getting other character episodes such as Nick in "Turn, Turn Turn", Hodges and Wendy in "A Space Oddity", Catherine in "If I Had A Hammer...", Doc Robbins in "The Gone Dead Train" and Brass in "Hog Heaven". So it's not as if we should be renaming the show Prime time with Ray Langston quite yet. ;)

The only episodes I had problems with (and they were very, very little) were "Deep Fried and Minty Fresh" and "Mascara" (which I enjoyed the most of). Otherwise the season would get an A from me.

5. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I gave it a C+ because I felt like the season was alright in the beginning, okay in the middle, and then I lost interest towards the end. I haven't watched the finale yet, but don't really see the need.

6. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I'd give it an A. I have to say that it is probably my favorite season so far, maybe second to Season 5, if any. Greg got more screentime, Catherine got more respect and Riley joined. I absolutely adore Riley and love that SuperDave and Wendy got bigger parts. There were lots of interesting cases and, especially in the latter half of the season, more team-oriented scenes, which was really nice.

7. Live4GrissNSara

Live4GrissNSara Lab Technician

I gave the season a B, mostly because the first 10 episodes were so awesome, with the exception of a couple bad ones here and there.
    I thought quite honestly that the remainder of the season was quite poor. I think Ray was introduced well but then the writers went overboard with him which created a lot of friction with the fans.

If "A Young Man With A Horn" was replaced with "Turn Turn Turn", I would have been quite happy with a 10 episode season. And I would have rated it A+.
    For Warrick was my favorite episode of the season and quite possible ever.
    Mascara was my least favorite episode of the season and quite possibly ever.

8. electra

electra Pathologist

I will give it a B.There were very good episodes but something was missing.I like Ray but he is not so exciting like grissom to carry the show so the screentime needs to be more balanced.I want more Catherine,Nick and Brass on EVERY episode.

But it's still one of my favorites shows,overall.

9. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I gave it a C. There were some good episodes but there were some really weak ones. Mascara and the finale would be on top of the weak ones list. So this season was just average for me.

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I found this article about season nine. I'll post it here but if it's the wrong thread, mods, please feel free to move it.

Season Nine

11. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

I say B+ . The season was emotional because of Warrick's death , Grissom's leaving but i think they could handle it. I was bored alittle in second half of season's second half . Sometimes too much Ray but the new guys are ok i think. I like the tension between Riley and Ray. The team interaction was ok too. Greg did Archie's job alot, on the other hand i can't complain about his screen time, it was good .

12. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i've given it a C. i wanted to give a C- but realized that is almost a D and the season was better than that. i liked the first half of it quite a lot. my personal favorites were For Warrick, Woulda Coulda Shoulda, Leave Out All the Rest, Say Uncle, and 19 Down/One To Go. the absolute terribles included A Space Oddity and a few more which i honestly don't remember the names of. i didn't care about the second part of the season too much and the eps weren't too fascinating, to me at least. i'd grade the first part B+ and the second part C-.

13. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I like this season so I give it an A-. It's a very tough season of CSI: Warrick died; Grissom left; the 200th episode was forgettable; lastly, the finale was boring. However, I like the send-off episodes for Warrick and Grissom. They deserve such special, emotional and powerful episodes. Those are two of my most favorite episodes ever aired on TV.

The first half of the season is great but sad. But my favorites are For Warrick, Art Imitates Life, Leave Out All The Rest, Young Man With A Horn, 19 Down, and One To Go. The second half is good but disappointing. The only episodes I like are The Descent of A Man, Turn Turn Turn, and If I Had A Hammer.

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I loved it, but it had some poignant moments, of couse losing Grissom, but that he married the girl of his dreams, was lovely and romantic. And losing Warrick so sad and horrific & unbeliveable, but that he offered the position of being on the CSI team to Dr. Raymond Langston was powerful. All the episodes he was in were incredible and sensational, and he added a new dimension & exceptional aura to the show. A perfect choice for the writers who chose this fabulous actor. I loved every one he was in, and how he's bonded with the team is tremendous and wonderful:bolian: A+~

15. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Season 9 was one of the worst seasons ever.Langston's character was quickly and badly introduced in the show(although Fishburne's acting is great for the show).This season suffered a lot because of the departure of several key members of the team like Grissom,Warrick and Sara.
    My favorite episodes are:
    For Warrick
    Art Imitates Life
    Say Uncle

19 Down and One To go(goodbye Gil Grissom)
    Turn,Turn,Turn
    If I Had A Hammer
    The Gone Dead Train

My least favorite episodes are:
    Kill Me If You Can
    Mascara

and All In.

C+ for me.