Favorite Episode of Season Five?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 15, 2009.

?

Which episode was your favorite this season?

1. Veritas

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  2. Page Turner

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Turbulence

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. Sex, Lies and Silcone

3 vote(s)
    2.4%
  5. The Cost of Living

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Enough

4 vote(s)
    3.2%
  7. Dead Inside

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. My Name is Mac Taylor

4 vote(s)
    3.2%
  9. The Box

4 vote(s)
    3.2%
  10. The Triangle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Forbidden Fruit

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  12. Help

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Rush to Judgment

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  14. She's Not There

3 vote(s)
    2.4%
  15. The Party's Over

3 vote(s)
    2.4%
  16. No Good Deed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Green Piece

6 vote(s)
    4.8%
  18. Point of No Return

6 vote(s)
    4.8%
  19. Communication Breakdown

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  20. Prey

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  21. The Past, Present and Murder

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  22. Yahrzeit

20 vote(s)
    16.0%
  23. Greater Good

5 vote(s)
    4.0%
  24. Grounds for Deception

35 vote(s)
    28.0%
  25. Pay Up

23 vote(s)
    18.4%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Which episode did you like the best and why?

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I voted for "Yahrzeit." It was very emotional and very tastefully done. Ed Asner was phenomenal too. A close second would be "Pay Up." Both Ed Asner and Eddie Cahill deserve Emmy nods for their respective roles.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I voted for "Point of No Return." Something just clicked for me with the episode--I love how it brought Pino back, how his actions affected everyone and how we saw Danny put himself in danger and think about the consequences--finally!

Runners up would be:

"The Box"--because I love a good Danny storyline
    "Pay Up"--for the fantastic Flack storyline and great teamwork
    "Yahrzeit"--for the emotional, layered storyline

4. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I voted Grounds for Deception. Because Melina showed she understands Stella in the same way we do and she wrote exactly as she feels Stella and Mac's relationship.

And as she said in her most recent interview Gary enjoyed doing the episode because all his scenes were character driven

Also as a Smacked fan it's a future promise ;)

Really close i liked: Yarhzeit, No Good Deed, Help, Forbidden fruit, Enough, Point of no return, Communication Breakdown

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  5. Catu

Catu Police Officer

Agree!:)

6. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

I was torn between "Yahrzeit" and "Point of No Return" both were by far the best episodes of the season but I ultimately went with Point of No Return, I loved that they brought Marty back, gave me hope for other forgotten storylines and felt the whole cast was affected by Point, where Yahrzeit, while everyone was deeply affected by that episode, the episode defiantly focused more on Mac than the cast as a whole. Which is fine and Gary Sinise can completely hold an episode by himself, I just prefer episodes where the whole cast is involved I think those are the better episode of the show.

7. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

While I absolutely loved Pay Up, I voted for Rush To Judgment. Seeing Flack dealing with having the whole department seemingly against him and how he dealt with it all gave Eddie a chance to shine and continue to show us the depths of his acting and of his character. Of course, Pay Up really let him show us his range and he played a distraught Flack perfectly. I'm actually looking forward to next season just to see how he adjusts to everything.

8. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

I actually have 3 favourite eps from this season, 'Yarhzeit', I really loved the storyline of this episode, the subject matter was a sensitive one and it was played out really well by all the cast. I also loved 'Pay Up', well, what can I say? Such an awesome episode, fast paced, kept me on the edge of my seat the whole way through. The cliffhanger at the end was awesome, I was definitely not expecting that... Plus my little shipper heart went mad when Stella kissed Mac on the cheek. ;) But my all time favourite ep this season was 'Grounds For Deception', I loved the whole Greek artifacts storyline, and it was awesome to see Mac and Stella going to Greece to follow a lead in the case, it was new and fresh to see them somewhere outside of New York. Once again, I loved the ep, cause my little shipper heart was fluttering with the scene between them at the end... It seemed as though there way be some sort of change in their relationship... Anyhoo, just my 2 cents...

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  9. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I voted for "The Party's Over." Other favorites: "The Box," "Rush to Judgement," "The Point of No Return," "Yahrzeit," and "Pay Up."

"Pay Up"- Very emotional, very good episode. Great Flack moments, and Mac wasn't as horrible to deal with as he could have been. Plus, we got to see (to some extent) Danny being there for Flack (FINALLY!).

"The Point of No Return"- I loved Marty. Even though they brought him back in a sick fashion, it was still a very, very good episode. Even if Pete and Ashlee Simpson-Wentz can't act.

"Yahrzeit"- Very interesting, very emotional, very well done episode. I loved it.

"Rush to Judgement"- Good story line for Flack, even if his reaction wasn't exactly what I had been expecting it to be. If my only qualm was that Danny wasn't there for them, it's a pretty good episode. :)

"The Box"- Great Danny storyline, and even though it was slightly confusing that Danny was recounting the story for the episode, it was really nice and very well done.

"The Party's Over"- The 'Blue Flu' wasn't too bad, but the best thing is the amazing storyline Adam had. Seeing him with the kid was so cute, and there was some great insight into his character. I loved it so much. :)

10. Ticamo77

Ticamo77 Hit and Run

I really liked 'She's Not There'. There were some great scenes in it:

-Stella and Danny processing the "I Love New York" sweatshirt and Danny recounting his childhood fight over owning one.

-Hawkes and Stella figuring out where there girls were hidden.

-The red herring of the one girl that didn't get away, who was actually one of the bad guys.

-Mac having tension with yet another British woman, granted Julia Ormond spoke without an accent, but it's interesting that Mac/Gary loves to have potential/actual love interests who are British. just an observation...

-The touching scene with the daughter and her dead dad.

-And least we forget the chase that Danny and Flack had through Chinatown; Danny knocks over the locker with one suspect inside it, takes a seat on it and calls Flack who caught the other suspect after knocking over a table full of fish and snarls,"Just so you know... I stink!". :guffaw:

I loved that episode.

11. Blue

Blue Police Officer

Dear Debbie,

I think you brought it to the point!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    Grounds for Deception was uinque.!!![​IMG]

Udonna

12. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

I, like you Deb and Udonna, voted for Grounds For Deception. It was my favourite because of SMACked and Greece and the beautiful character driveness of it.

I also really liked Yahzreit, No Good Deed, Forbidden Fruit, Dead Inside and Page Turner.

OH! And Communication Breakdown :adore:

13. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

I voted for Yahrzeit (brilliant acting, great storyline), but Pay Up was a close second, along with Point of No Return. Excellent on all fronts. :)

I do find it interesting though that Grounds for Deception is winning both the Favorite Ep of season five and least favorite episode of season five....

14. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i voted for "Sex Lies and Silicone." i love this ep! every time i watch it i laugh just has hard as i did when it aired. the story was ridiculous and i loved it. the funny lines and scenes were nailed by the whole cast. Lindsay's scene with Flack about the doll still has me laughing up a storm and Danny calling the doll plastic and Flack correcting him is hysterical.

other faves:

"The Box"- great ep all around. well written, acted, and directed.

"The Triangle"- i found this one funny as well. the crazy guy with the iPod has me laughing. Danny uneasy on the Empire State building was cute. my favorite part of the ep was the magnetic wheel the criminals used to open the truck i thought that was the coolest thing. also liked how Lindsay rejected Danny's marriage proposal good for her for doing that b/c at this point they still had a lot of crap to work out.

"Communication Breakdown"- i like learning about other cultures and i learned a great deal about Native Americans in my Anthropology classes with a professor who specialized on the culture so i found this quite interesting. and Danny was so cute picking out boy names only to find out he and Lindsay are having a little girl haha.

"Yahzreit"- again a very well acted, written, and directed episode. very deep and very moving.

"Grounds For Deception"- it looks like i am one of the very few people that liked this ep here. in thought Melina did a fantastic job writing the ep and everyone had a part in it.

"Pay Up"- this is why i love the cast of CSI:NY. everyone of the actors performed their hearts out for this episode and it's one of the best of the series.

the team moments were fantastic this season i can't wait to see more of them next season.

15. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I went with Yahrzeit, as I was very moved and it brought me to tears. Pay Up is a very close second though.