Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yurek

Yurek Pathologist

Watched Die Hard 3 yesterday. First time I watched the whole movie. ^^ I love such movies. And I really like Bruce Willis. Somehow he reminds me of my dad, which is weird, yes. :lol:
    But it was also weird that he hadn't got his usual voice. He got the same german voice which is mostly used for Arnold Schwarzenegger. Very weird! Totally confused me. *lol*

2. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - Amazing! I absolutely loved the movie! I went to the World Premiere and it was absolutely CRAZY! But back to the movie, I loved it. If you are a comic book nerd like me, you won't be disappointed. If you liked the other X-Men movies, then I'm sure you will like it. I was a little weary of the CGI but I got over it. They introduced the characters from the comic books, and you learn to like all of them. Great movie! If you go to see it, make sure you get there on time, or you will miss an awesome beginning sequence! This movie definitely delivered and made me want to see it again. But I guess after waiting 15 hours for the tickets, you'll love anything once you get to sit down! I gave it a 9.5 out of 10!

3. lal

lal Pathologist

Hi the last movie i watched was Breakfast At Tiffany's starring Audrey Hepburn , it is a romantic film , made in 1961, Audrey Hepburn plays Holly , A new york socialite who become interested in a young man who moves into the apartment above hers, and it is one of my favorite films :)

4. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Ah yes, it was quite a kickass movie, even I haven't read the books. My bf, who is HUGE Marvel fan was really excited. It should have been premiered here on 1st May, but they had some pre stuff and we saw it on 28th Apr :)

I guess one strange thingy in the end was...well the end, which was bit... well y'know :p

We left when credits started rolling so missed stuff that came after that :)

There was 12 of us, who went to see it and I just couldn't help laughing (and poiinting out they talk about fictional character) when guys argued abour Wolverine's abilities :p

5. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I watched Marley and Me a little while ago. Amazing movie, I just loved it. And I have to admit, it made me cry. Definitely worth the watch :thumbsup:

6. LyzabethSay

LyzabethSay Prime Suspect

X-Men Origins - Wolverine

I went to watch it on Friday as a birthday gift from my cousin and well... I thought it was a good movie but only to a certain extent...

I mean I totally agree it's a kick ass movie... But only in a kick ass kindda way... I think it lacked some sorta flare to it and charisma. Like the fact that i am a REAL big marvel and X-men fan made it a little more appealing to me, because I've always been interested in the back story to Wolverine but never bothered to read the comics on it, but I think unless your there for the action there's little more than that.

There were lots of new characters and characters that i liked that made an appearance but they only lasted something like 10 minutes on screen and i know it's meant to be about Wolverine himself it just seemed a bit missing - If you get what i mean.

In terms of the film, good acting from most characters but some parts were horribly acted [thankfully none of them Hugh's parts], good use of set and location =D I'm not a big fan of CGI myself and I know there was lots of it but I guess you can't really work your way around it in this case.

Otherwise, i think it was tolerable. I mean i dont think i really got my message across but what im trying to say is it jsut needed a little extra to make me grasp it a little more. But otherwise all in all, good movie and love Hugh Jackman

"Cu-Cu-Ka-Khoo got screwed"

=D

7. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

- X Men Origins- Wolverine: this movie was awesome!! my brothers are HUGE XMen fans so i had to go see it. Hugh Jackman was amazing he's such a great action actor. i loved seeing Gambit he is a wicked character!

- Ghost of Girlfriends Past- this was so adorable. i went to see this Friday. i went b/c Jennifer Garner is in the movie and she's amazing. JG was so damn cute in this. the story like all chick flicks was totally predictable but it was also different. Lacey Chabet was hysterical and Camille Guaty (she was in "Las Vegas" for it's last season) was really funny too it was great to see her in something.

- The Who's Tommy- this movie is so freakin cool. i love all the music and Roger Daltry is soo hot!

- Not Another Teen Movie- i've seen this movie in bits and pieces but i really sat to watch it the other night b/c i realized Chyler Leigh from "Grey's Anatomy" was in the movie. it's funny but only b/c it was like the first real staire like it and i knew all the movies they were making fun of.

8. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ Oh, I love Tommy. Wicked, crazy old musical movie. And it goes without saying that the music is fantastic (although I said it anyway! ;) )

I just saw Wolverine with my friend who is NOT a comic movie fan and always makes fun of me for loving these sorts of movies. Anyway, she thought from the trailers that the action looked awesome and Hugh looked hot, so she wanted to check it out. She loved it, more than me even! :lol:

It is a great action romp, and it had some decent dialogue- got lots of laughs where it was supposed to in my theatre. :) And there was actually more of a story going on then I expected after reading some negative reviews by "big time" critics; and yeah, there was a certain amount of cheese factor, and a few moments where the CGI was a little over the top but... that's why I go to see these movies on the big screen- you definitely get your money's worth from them! Seriously, it was a big, fun movie and I really enjoyed it. Screw the critics. Sometimes I think they've forgotten that sometimes we're just supposed to be entertained for the fun of it. And this movie was fun. :)

9. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Hope & Glory (1987) for part of my History of England final. I thought it was quite good, and better than a lot of historical-type films. It's the war seen through the eyes of a 7 year old boy and I thought it was quite good.

10. BabaOReilly

Wow, I've been trying to find a copy of that film for a while, but nobody carries it anymore. Maybe I need to swing by the local high school and see if they can lend me one! :lol:

11. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Star Trek. I'm still a bit speechless, well a lot ...

Great film, funny, exciting, just great. You should really watch it if you like Start Trek and if you haven't ever thought about watching Star Trek, go watch it because it's a fun film to watch.

Vulcan is gone??? Gone? As in GONE??? :eek::eek::eek:
    As much as I enjoyed the film, it created a completely new timeline and I think it will take some time to get used to that idea.
    And I'm not sure I like the whole Uhura/Spock thing. Nah, I definitely don't like it. That was like way too much :rolleyes:. Can't there be a film without "romance" in it?
    I think I'm going to have a TNG/DS9 marathon

12. BabaOReilly

I just saw Star Trek too and I freaking loved it! Wow. People say this is not your father's Star Trek- well it's not mine either, being a fan since I was a kid watching TOST reruns with my brother (and everything ST since then). But I don't care. I loved Abrams vision, and while I do have maybe a couple minor reservations about one particular romance in the movie, overall I thought it was fantastic- an ST for people who might not have watched it before. Big action, great acting, excellent dialogue... I would totally recommend this film, and in particular those of you who might think Star Trek is made just for us "geeks". I think you'll really enjoy this one. :)

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

CHANGLING with Angelina Jolie, as Christine Collins a true story of her mssing boy in 1928 Los Angeles :eek: Walter Collins. She left for work one day, and when she came home he had vanished, and she never saw him again. John Malkovich was also good as the local preacher, who eventually helped her get out of the mental facility. The crap she put up with from the LAPD unbeliveable, they found a boy who matched his coloring from Illinois and passed him off , after paying him as her son. She knew he wasn't, we all knew he wasn't, but the police insisted she'd forgotten because 5 months had passed. Finally they actually committed her to a mental hospital, saying she was "disturbed" she wittnessed horrible expierences, while incarcerated:klingon: THen one boy came forth and had been kidnapped and spilled his guts saying his uncle had made him kill 20 boys in a rural god forsaken old town called Wineville, & Walter was amonst them although he escaped he didn't know if Walter did.. today it's in Riverside County, and is called Mira Loma. anyway he wouldn't admit he killed Walter but they did find 20 little boy corpses.. and she watched them hang him EWWW:( so gory and brutal.. directed by Clint Eastwood stellar job, the poor woman searched for her son her whole life and never found him:( Magnificent performance by Angelina. she's fantastic, and gorgeouos~

14. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

I just saw the new Star Trek. I abso-freaking-lutely loved it! I had never seen any of the other movies or anything going into the theater, so I was wondering what I was getting myself into, but that movie was so awesome. Everything about it was fantastic.
    And young Kirk and Spock? Really hot. Especially Kirk.

I also just watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. It was really good, but very sad. But I don't htink it could have ended any differently. I was a little bit nervous seeing Brad Pitt as an old man, but he did great. One of my favorite parts of the entire movie was the filming. I don't know why, but it seemed that the colors and the picture were so vibrant and clear.

15. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I saw Star Trek yesterday.

It made me soooooooo happy!

As someone else said in a review (not on this board, but on YouTube somewhere), "it wasn't as cerebral as Star Trek usually is", but it was exciting and funny and visually stunning and well written and well acted and... and... and I'm gushing!

By the by, I'm totally fine with the Spock/Uhura romance, which may be due to the fact that I'm a sucker for most subtle romances.

Oh, also... I am in serious danger of developing a major obsession with Zachary Quinto. Oooooooooh my word, can I have a young Spock for myself? Please? Can I? I only ask that he keeps the real Zach Quinto nose instead of the slightly larger prosthetic they used for the Spock character.

Yep, I'll take one Spock, please. One young Spock for my very own. :drool:

*gasps* Oh my gawd I'm a fangirl. :wtf:

Oh well. I'm alright with it. :vulcan:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.