Should Flack Be Disciplined; Will He

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by ACW1129, May 15, 2009.

?

Should He; Will He

1. Should, Will

6 vote(s)
    8.6%
  2. Should, Won't

33 vote(s)
    47.1%
  3. Shouldn't, Will

5 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. Shouldn't, Won't

26 vote(s)
    37.1%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Shouldn't/Won't

The guy was a cop-killer. He would have shot and killed Mac or Danny or Flack or any of the others in the warehouse if he hadn't been incapacitated. I guess Flack served as judge, jury and executioner...but then, I can see why he did and I sympathize.

As for being punished--no way. I have a feeling what we saw is all we're going to see, but even if it came up, you know Danny would step in and say he was with Flack and saw the guy reaching for his gun from the ground. I do think it was brave that they didn't have the guy do that to smooth over the enormity of what Flack did.

2. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I was torn between the should/shouldn't although feel pretty clear that he won't.

It hadn't occured to me that Danny could say he was there. It did occur to me that Danny might notice something off about the scene though. I think it'd be interesting if Danny had tampered with the scene to cover up for Don. I'd like to see Mac picking up that maybe Danny hadn't followed protocol in dealing with the scene and Mac knowing what had happened but not having the evidence to do anything with it other than hauling Danny over the coals for sloppiness. That way they'd all 'know' what happened but Mac is saved from having to deal with it by Danny's actions and Flack is saved from any punitive action against him.

But, from this season in general I'm not sure that Mac would deal with it if he knows. He seems happy to bend the rules when it suits. In reality I doubt it will come up again.

3. symbeline

symbeline Witness

I expected Danny to say something like 'he was a threat, he tried to shoot you' when Don was in the stairs. But I have no doubt he'll cover for Flack if IAB decides to investigate.

And like other posters have said, I doubt they'll try to figure out what really happened and will go with Flack's word. If he indeed killed the guy and lies about it, it's highly improbable that anybody will doubt him, even IAB.

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yeah, I don't think we'll see any punishment for Flack. And I wouldn't particularly want to see it either. Although I was surprised that he did it, and I was hoping that he wouldn't. I fully expected the guy to reach for the gun.

I'm sure that Danny would cover for Flack. When they were on the stairs, with the way Danny seemed to think about what Flack was saying, and then kind of pat him on the back as he walked past, I get the feeling that if it was Danny in Flack's situation, he'd have done the same thing.

5. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

If he killed the guy and did it without good reason e.g. the guy reaching for the gun, then yes, he should be disciplined. The police are not allowed to be judge, jury and executioner. And no matter how upset Flack is over the death of his girlfriend, murdering the guy who killed her is not right.

As for will he be disciplined? Well if Stella and Angell can get away with kidnapping, I see no reason why Flack can't get away with murder. (and Flack at least could go with a temporary insanity defence, Stella and Angell committed their felony with malice aforethrought)

And on a completely shallow note, may I be the one to 'discipline' Flack should it become necessary? ;-)

6. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

I voted should / wont, but I'd rather the incident hadn't happened.

I don't care about the evil guy who killed Angel, but I do care about Flack. It would completely destroy the essence of the character to have him be ok with killing an unarmed man. His character / morals are in jeopardy here, it's enough he has lost Angel without losing his self-respect.

Yes, Danny will lie for him of that I'm certain. He will do it to protect Flack, as Flack would protect him, that's human nature, the deed is done and the only outcome now is whether his best friend loses his freedom and quality of life.

The police won't investigate the cop-killer's death too closely, but Don should really struggle with the knowledge of where he allowed himself to be taken by this perp and not just in one episode. Danny already suspects that this happened, so Don can turn to him to talk through what he has done and how it is impacting his life. Of course, Danny then has to help without resorting to form, it's not your fault, why is everyone always picking on us.

I'd put my money on the, 'shot what perp?', 'what Blu Flu?', 'Louis who' outcome for this storyline. ;)

7. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I can't bring myself to say that Flack should be disciplined for killing that guy. I was rooting for it; I wanted him dead.

As for will he... I doubt it. All he needs to say is "the guy seemed to be going for his gun", and the response would be "okay, good kill" (at least, on this show). I'd go so far as to say that by three episodes into season six Angell will be completely forgotten about anyway. :rolleyes: (Don't quote me on that. I'll try to put some faith in the NY writers being even closely as good at continuity as Criminal Minds writers...)

8. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I don't think he should be disciplined, and I definitely don't think he will. I'm pretty sure that anyone else who stumbled onto that guy, knowing that the gun beside him was the one that killed Angell, would have done the same thing. And as hypocritical as this show can be at times, I can't see them disciplining Flack for doing the same thing they all would have done.

And also, like everyone else has said, all Flack has to do is say, "The guy had the gun in his hand, I had no choice," and that will be that.

9. klb

klb Victim

Should/won't
    I think that he should be in trouble (maybe not big trouble, I'm thinking everyone would understand why he did it), but he did shoot an unarmed man. On that note, his gun was shaking, but I think that being only a few feet/inches away from someone you hate, Flack wouldn't miss, and someone else mentioned that we didn't see the guy come out handcuffed afterwards, so it's safe to say that he is dead.
    I don't think Flack needs to say self defence, he can even go so far as to say the gun was in the guys hand if he wants to. It has been shown before, that after the cops shoot someone, they kick the gun out of the perps hand to make sure they can't pick it up again- Mac did it in the scene with the guy he shot to get to Dunbrook's son. All Flack would have to say was he had no choice, and I don't imagine that IAB would be looking too closely to try and dispute his claims- simply because it was a cop, and as Flack said earlier in the ep. when a cop dies, resources they didn't know they had appear- meaning I think that it wouldn't be too much to think they'd look the other way.

With the way that continuality has happened, I don't think we will see much more of this story about him shooting the guy, I'd personally be surprised if he is even still grieving Jess when season six starts- I'd like to see it, but it probably will become another one of those swept under the rug things....

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Stella and Angell broke the law, but they didn't do it with "malice" IMO. They did it to get justice because the dude was dealing in stolen antiquities and connected to murders and they couldn't touch him in the US because of diplomatic immunity. Was it right? Of course not, but they had understandable motives just as Flack's motive was understandable. And Flack had forethought, too. He told Sid, "And when we do, God help them," when he said they'd catch the people responsible. He also took time to think about it before he shot the guy. What he did wasn't right either and he wasn't in a good state of mind, but he did think about it before he did it.

I still think it would be much more interesting to see him struggle emotionally with what he did than have any type of legal action against him happen.

11. Sagemint

Sagemint Witness

Yeah I think that same way. I mean if he didn't shoot him(which I seriously thought he wasn't going to do by the way. But hey it adds to the drama and stuff) there would have been some way the audience was led into that direction, like someone mentioned on what happened on CSI LV.

I however believe that he should-not be punished. (I hope that makes sense xD) Something in me says that he should, since he did in fact finish the man off, he should be punished(like everyone else).Seriously though he had the option of you know, shotting at the wall or something or not shooting at all. Just putting his gun away out of temptation. But it didn't happen. He wanted to avenge Jess' death in some way after he put two-and-two together on who actaully shot her.

But the fan-girl in me is saying, "Nooo!! Flack! Leave the country don't let anyone catch you!!" sadly. :scream:

Although I don't think anyone is going to find out until the last minute or something. There is also the chance that Danny knows what Flack did. It could be me but the look he gave Flack said, "Oh no you didn't-did you?" when he asked him if he was okay. Basically it was like a look of dread, or a horrific realization to me.

I'm just long anticipating what's going to happen next though like most of you guys here. :p

12. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

I hope SOMETHING happens if Flack did indeed kill the guy. Legally, emotionally, SOMETHING.

13. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Sorry, not true. My husband dealt with stuff like this every so often when he worked with the JAG office.

The second that guy started reaching for his weapon, he WAS considered armed and dangerous and therefore a credible threat to Flack. If he was coherent enough to know where his weapon was, then it's assumed that he was coherent enough to use it. Assuming Flack actually DID shoot the guy, any IAB agent that wasn't playing politics would clear him.

IAB also considers the fact that Flack had seconds to make the decision whether this guy was a threat to him or not. Chances are, IAB WILL investigate. They're required to, not only to cover the department, but to cover the officer as well. IAB knows they have a fine line to walk in a case like this. They themselves are police officers, a cop was killed, and then there's public sentiment.

We shall see.

14. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Should be but of course he won't and I'm a big Flack fan. I just don't like how they did that.

15. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

Should/won't. I'd probably do the same thing if I were in his position.