Grade 'Pay Up'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 14, 2009.

?

How would you grade Pay Up?

1. A+

61 vote(s)
    47.3%
  2. A

40 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. A-

6 vote(s)
    4.7%
  4. B+

7 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. B

4 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  13. F

5 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I think the fact that Danny was there and then devoted himself to the case was showing a great amount of support for Flack. I also think his punching the wall was in character. When Louie was brought to the hospital initially Danny had to be restrained and was screaming. When the guy who owned the car in which Aiden's body was found was brought in for questioning Danny again had to be restrained because he wanted to go after the guy. When Ruben was wheeled into the morgue Hawkes again had to restrain him and physically drag him out of the morgue so he wouldn't contaminate Ruben's body. I think punching the wall was a pretty subdued reaction from Danny.

I agree.

2. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

I'm not sure Flack and manhugs even belong in the same sentence. :lol: Although he did hug Jess' dad. That was sweet and completely acceptable.

I hope they bring back Dunbrook for shows in the new season. He's a good thorn in Mac's side and seems to know what buttons to push. They look at things so differently that he is a good contrast for the buttoned up, by the book Mac that we know and love.

Did y'all think the plot seemed sort of weak? Was the kidnapping really just for the $10 million? I mean, not to belittle that kind of money but it would have seemed more plausible if it were Dunbrook trying to keep him from testifying. Maybe that will play into the drama starting in S6.

Flash drive...what flash drive.

3. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Cause I'm curious to see what you all think:
    I'm not happy with Flack just shooting that guy execution style with no consequences or anything. I know he shot and killed a police officer but that's just not how you do it. (Look at Nick, who didn't kill what's his face after he killed Warrick.) That truly bugs me.

4. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I guessed he had been kidnapped early on and initially thought they had done it to get the flash drive off Dunbrook, thinking it would somehow help them with their case (kinda missed exactly what they had done, something to do with mistreating prisonners in Iraq I think). Apparently it was just for the money.

5. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Fallen, don't get ahead of yourself here. We didn't actually see the guy take the bullet (although I think Flack probably did shoot him again). By execution style, do you mean a head shot? We don't know that either. As for consequences, if I remember correctly from prior episodes, the bullets are taken from the victims and analyzed to identify who shot whom. As this all happened in one day and there are multiple victims, the lab may not even be to that point by the end of the show.

I think we will have to wait until September to find out the details. Even then we may never know everything and there may be consequences off screen that we are not privy to.

Personally, I don't think he will suffer any consequences from his actions from his superiors. He was in the middle of a battle, the guy was still alive when he found him, he had a gun within reach of his hand , and Flack is the only one that we know of that was there. The department will take his word and call it a good shoot.

I don't even think his emotions will suffer from it.

6. sad_girl

sad_girl Rookie

I have watched this episode a few minutes ago and I am crying now. All I can say - I need more handkerchiefs and two busket of valerian.
    It was great - many action, nice plot, every actors were absolutly perfect. But one more - writers, are you nuts??!! Why did you this again? When I watched finale episode S4 I was like "Wait,wait, and what about Mac? Say, if he will be okay!" And now is the same thing.
    Ok I am crying again, sorry

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Did any of you guys think it was odd to show the quick shots of some of the characters at the beginning? Do you think that was significant? I may be wrong, but I don't think they showed everyone. I remember seeing a shot of Danny (where he hits the wall in the hospital after Flack tells him Angell is dead) and a shot of Angell (when she spins around as the truck drives through the window) - who else did they show? Is it possible that those shots are supposed to give us some kind of clue?

Most likely it was just an editing choice, but I'm curious.

8. PerfectAnomaly

I have been wondering if that was significant. They showed Flack, Angell, Danny, Stella and Hawkes I think. I could be forgetting Mac, but I know they didn't show Adam, Sid or Lindsay.

ETA: I just rewatched the beginning and they showed - in order - Mac, Danny, Jess, Hawkes, Stella and Flack.

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  9. coruption

coruption Dead on Arrival

You know,I'm still curious about that flash drive. It obviously was a big deal what was on that drive. I wonder if the shooting had anything to do with it? And if it was, does that give a clue to who got hurt in the shooting at the end (if anyone did)? hmmm....

That finale was good...will post more thoughts on that later...

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

It sounds wrong, but totally right. :devil: :lol: ;) Especially when it comes to Danny. :lol:

Eh, I still think it was self-indulgent of him to not focus on Flack's grief before his own, but I do like that he devoted himself to the case and didn't go all drama queen as he has in the past. That was indeed the best thing he could do for Flack.

I think without a doubt that Flack killed the guy, but I don't think he'll suffer any consequences for it. Let's put it this way: none of the CSIs are going to try too hard to figure out what the trajectory of that bullet was. ;)

I saw everyone but Lindsay in that flash I think. I'd have to watch it again to be sure though. Not quite sure what the purpose of it was, beyond opening the episode in a dramatic way.

11. PerfectAnomaly

If Danny had barely known Angell then I'd agree. But they showed them to be friends as well as co-workers so I'd expect Danny to react to the news that she didn't make it even though Flack was closer to her.

12. Top41

Put it this way: if your friend's wife died, would you punch the wall or would you focus on comforting the friend?

Angell wasn't Flack's wife, but they were together. I'd expect a reaction from Danny, but maybe to see him clock the news and then reach out to Flack.

13. PerfectAnomaly

If I was also friends with the wife and him telling me she died was the first I heard about it I would probably punch the wall and then comfort the friend. Unfortunately TPTB only showed the punching the wall, so I can see why someone would find him to be making it about himself even if I don't agree that's what he did.

14. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I guess I'm one of the few people that didn't love this episode. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad, and it definitely had it's good moments, but... I don't know. I just wasn't feeling it.

Angell dying was awful. It really sucks to loose such a great character, who had so much potential. I think, though, it would have had more of an impact if I hadn't known it was coming.

Eddie was effing amazing in this episode *huggles Flack*. Poor baby. The look on his face when he told Danny "she's gone" just about killed me. And then there was his scene with Sid (who was also amazing, btw). *huggles Flack again*

Loved Adam's scene under the car :lol: Then again, I always love Adam.

I've noticed a lot of people saying that Lindsay/Anna was a lot better in this episode. Usually, I'm indifferent to her. But this was actually the one episode where I really felt that she wasn't up to par with the other characters/actors. The scene were she was talking to Hawkes about Angell just... I don't know. It rubbed me the wrong way I guess. Her lines felt insincere some how. I really don't know what it was about it...

I guess I was also a bit disappointed with the last scene. I wanted to see someone actually get hit. Oh well.

Anyway, overall the episode was good, but just good, nothing more.

15. Top41

On that we can definitely agree--I wish they'd shown more than just that punch. I would have liked to see what Danny said to Flack after punching the wall.

I think that's what bothered me about the face she made--it was so fake and so obviously acting that it felt insincere.

I would have liked to see that, too. I guess it's not much of a cliffhanger if someone gets shot and we know they're going to make it, so who got shot is the only real suspenseful cliffhanger they could have. Somebody better have gotten shot, though. :p