"All In" Season Finale Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 9, 2009.

1. CSI808

CSI808 Rookie

I'm cracking up on that line because I'm a student of Dr. Goff. :lol:

2. CSI808

CSI808 Rookie

"Lee Goff's entomology workshop in Honolulu." :lol:

3. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

You know, I think he did some consulting for the show which is probably why they picked him. Do you go to Chaminade University then?

4. CSI808

CSI808 Rookie

Yes, I do go to Chaminade and Dr. Goff does quite a bit of consulting for the show and for Miami. He's done a lot for Vegas, but that's probably for a different discussion.

I do have to agree with everyone. This was a very lack-luster season finale. I don't understand how you can have a season finale with only the 2 new CSI's and very little of the rest of the team. I hope next season's opener makes up for it.

5. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I enjoyed it. It wasn't exactly 'finale' material, but it wasn't a bad episode. There were moments where I felt like I was watching a classic CSI. I liked the opening song and character/victim/suspect montage. I also really enjoy when an episode actually deals with the glitz of Vegas. I loved the continuity. Hampton Huxley was the victim in 'A La Cart'. And Catherine mentioning Sam was great.

I had no problem with Nick only being there for ten seconds before leaving. We all know why he wasn't there. I loved to hear about his desire to be the new bug guy. His comment to Ray felt like something a father would say to a child. "Hey, buddy. I'm gonna be gone for awhile. Can you hold down the fort and look after your mom, for me." :lol:

I liked Greg. His face when Ray pulled out the Huxley Chips was great. He had a fair amount of screen time in this as well (could have had more, but then again, I want a whole episode of just him).

Riley was good. I don't see her as trigger happy. She's just weary when it comes to suspects and guns. Who wouldn't be?

Brass and Catherine were also very good. Then again, when isn't Brass good?

Only complaints were Ray and the ending to the case. Ray shouldn't be taking charge when a CSI level 3 is around (Greg) and he should listen to a CSI level 2 (Riley). Otherwise, he wasn't too bad. I liked the victims/suspects in this ep. Especially Major Dad. However, we never found out exactly what happened that night in the car. That will bug me.

Like I said, good episode. Okay finale. Here's wishing for a better polished Season 10.

6. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

I love CSI, all of them, and I hate to say this but.... That was painfully boring. I was very close to turning it off. What a disappointment for me. :(Sorry if I offended anyone.

7. ClarkF1

ClarkF1 Hit and Run

The photo he picked up had "Cpl. James Langston April 1952" written on the back.

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Nope. I felt the same way. I was ready to turn off the TV after 30 minutes. I can't remember the last time I felt that way during a CSI episode.

9. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

When MSNBC calls you boring then you know that you are...CSI went out with a whimper.

I know this second half of the season was a season of problems but I wonder if lessons will be learned or if they will continue to ignore the evidence....their show needs a little resuscitation. Less of one character,more of the team!

10. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

Fair enough. IMHO she was too hard on Langston. This is the second time she's been like this; the first time was earlier this season (when Langston was telling the father not to hit his kid).

And again, who in fact killed Huston?

11. Sookie

Sookie CSI Level One

That was not much of a season finale. TBTB really gave no reason for anyone to watch the season premiere.

12. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Thank you, much appreciated. ;)

13. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Riley's right.
    Langston is a CSI newbie, and he's running around like he's top dog already. In my opinion, Ray jumping into the pit with an armed man is just another example of how inexperienced he can be, not how he 'didn't stop being a doctor.'
    I like Ray, I admire his ambition and quirks, and his peaceful monk-like nature, but I feel the writers have gone about it all wrong. They defied logic and the seniority system by trying to compensate for Grissom's absence.
    That confuses me, because how did they expect to compensate for one of the eldest and most experienced CSI with a complete newbie??
    :confused:

Well, here's to a better and more organized Season 10...

14. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well I wouldn't call last nights episode exactly season finale material, but it wasn't all that bad. I too was a little disappointed that the story focused mostly around the two newest members of the team, Riley and Ray, then the entire team, but reading the spoilers up until last night, I wasn't surprised.

As for Riley and being so called 'trigger happy', sure she may come across as that, but the way she acted last night, in my opinion, was the right way to act in the situation they were in. Sure the suspect was injured, but he was still breathing, had his sense about him, and most importantly, still had a gun. Ray definitely wasn't thinking about his or their safety at that moment when he jumped down to tend to the injured man. Clear the weapon from the suspect, THEN tend to the injury.

Glad that they at least explained Nicks absence from the finale, but like someone mentioned earlier on, he was an odd choice to have, to go to a workshop about bugs. But on the other hand....yeah, he has a fear of them since his burial, but as the saying goes; "The only way you'll overcome your fear, is if you face it head on!" With Grissom gone, perhaps he felt it was his duty to the team and to himself.

Nice to see that Greg's interest in the history of old Vegas etc., was still being touched on.

Well, yeah there were good and bad things about the episode, but personally, I can't complain to much about it. I got plenty of my fave, Hodges. I know most did not like that, but that was the decision of the writers and the producers (and besides the originals, he's next to being with the show the longest). I give it a B.

Hopefully they will have a much better season come the fall. They won't have as many things to deal with such as the departure of two huge characters/actors, introductions of new members to the team, the injury to George.

15. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Personally, I think it is just especially lame of Ray to call Riley 'trigger happy' and make it sound like she's the bad guy at this point. The one episode where they really used guns (No Way Out), Riley clearly showed that she knows what to do with one, seeing as she saved Greg (sort of) in the paintball drill and saved Ray and herself in the hostage crisis. After the latter incident, I don't think Ray should ever get to insult Riley's gun savvy. That would be the beginning of a fair way to pay her back for quite possibly saving his life.