Poll: **Spoiler alert** if you haven't seen "Grounds for Deception"...

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by FlackFan01, May 14, 2009.

?

Do you think Prof. Papkota is Stella's father?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  3. I don't know

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. I don't really care

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. OldGuise

OldGuise Hit and Run

Re: Poll: **Spoiler alert** if you haven't seen "Grounds for Deception

I went with yes, because that's the vibe I got from both the picture and from his final scene, when he was telling Stella how he loved her mother.

It's certainly possible that he's not, though. I wouldn't be very surprised if it turned out Stella's biological father left, or died, or something like that.

2. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Well, you know it would be easy for her to figure it out if she wanted to. She had his blood all over her hands at the end. I wonder if she will follow up on it at all or if it will go into the abyss.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I said no because I could have sworn I heard them say in the ep that Stella was already with her mom when her mom first met the Professor.

4. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Guys, I thought that too.

Then I remembered Stella's half Italian...

Then again, there have been continuancy issues regarding Stella and her past, so you never know...

5. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

People move around, so surnames do as well. According to http://www.surnamedb.com/index.aspx all the surnames are British (sans Hammerback & Bonasera)
    Messer is English, but it came over with the Normans in 1066 with William the Conquer. Also German, a mezzer is a knife.
    Flack is also English coming from "flagge" someone who lives on a paved road, before the 7th Century.
    Taylor (a cutter of cloth, tailor) came from the job description and is also English.
    Hawkes is also English, meaning well, a hawk and is an Anglo-Saxon surname.
    Monroe is Scottish, the original name holders came from Ireland (maybe)
    Ross is also Anglo-Saxon and appears to have originated in southern Scotland, although it was also in the Germanic states.

Oh, and Angell is a medieval surname of English/French origin.

Bonasera is Italian apparantly bona sera means good evening. (ancestory.com - they have no information on the name Hammerback either)

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  6. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

i have been doing some research because i had certain doubt about Italians in Greece and during II War World Italy did invaded Greece in 1940
    So some of them might have decided to leave the italian army and live there so we could have an explanation for the "Bonasera" origin
    Mainly because i keep thinking Professor Papakota wasn't her father but he felt in love with her mother and later he took care of Little Stella in St Basil

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE we could know more about her father. BTW I don't remember Stella's mother's name was mentioned

Regarding if Stella's background is a soap opera i'd say NO for the simply reason it's for real. It's Melina's grandma's story ;) Only her child was 3 instead of 2 :D

7. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

I did not know that. I knew she is Greek, but that's about as much as I know. I tend to not delve too far into the lives of celebreties, and I think most of them would like to keep most of their lives private, but this is certainly interesting information.

I think the story was handled quite well.

Back to my original question - I think he might be her father. Or, at least, he may be related to her. Perhaps her grandfather? Is that even possible? Wow, something I hadn't thought of till just now.

8. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Melinas grandmother was born in Greece, went to Amercia where she was orphaned, put in foster care but then after her foster sister ran away (after murdering her abusive foster dad) she was place in an orphanage? are you sure?

9. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

i would like to believe you are not being abrassive, well never mind ;)

She did go to America and at some point she went back to Greece and because of the II War Wolrd she needed to stay there. I don't have the article in my hands. Once i get it i'll post it FYI ;)

Dear FlackFan01-->
    i think Professor P. was secretly in love with Stella's mother but not related to baby Stella. It's a source of great plotlines for the future not knowing who Stella's father is. Who knos? Maybe the guy is a billonaire who lives in Sweeden or just a humble and good man in NYC ;)

Did i mention this is a great thread? :D

10. Mynerva24

Mynerva24 Witness

I say, no, Prof. P isn't her father. The reasons are mainly the same as some of you... Plus, i'm kinda hoping that we'll see Stella's background being explored more, maybe this time her father will be brought up...

deb, yeah, the name wasn't mention.