Grade 'Pay Up'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 14, 2009.

?

How would you grade Pay Up?

1. A+

61 vote(s)
    47.3%
  2. A

40 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. A-

6 vote(s)
    4.7%
  4. B+

7 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. B

4 vote(s)
    3.1%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  13. F

5 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. Hallie

Hallie Dead on Arrival

Alright it was good not one of the best episode the one before with mac and stella was more interesting maybe because i am not a huge flack or angel fan. It was sad how she died but i think if stella or lindsey died i would be more upset it really wasn't that exciting of an episode to be honest. My hunch is at the end no one will be hurt i guessing since they didn't leave it with someone actually getting shot chance are no one will. This episode primarily focused on flack everyone else seem to take a back seat all in all not the best episode of the season

2. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I'm ok...I'm ok...ok, I'm lying...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My heart broke into a million pieces tonight. I need to give Don a hug.

~Nelly...I like you. Welcome back
    ~Cute bantering...now she's gone :scream:
    ~Flack rushing Angell to the hospital
    ~I almost started crying when Danny showed up at the hospital and Flack was just sitting there
    ~Mac's speech...
    ~Flack's scene with Angell's dad....on the verge of waterworks once again. She was in love, her daddy could tell by the smile on her face.
    ~Nelly is such a good CI
    ~Flack killed the guy who killed his girlfriend...I didn't think he was going to do it.
    ~I really wanted to hear the rest of Stella's toast :scream:
    ~HOLY CRAP! Who got hurt

3. z123456

z123456 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2009
  4. TylerDalton

TylerDalton Hit and Run

I don't think Flack will face any consequences, when a cop gets killed, sometimes rules get bent and things get swept under the rug. Even then, no one knows exactly what happened except for Don, and he would be stupid to admit he shot a defenseless man; Don could simply say the guy was reaching for the gun, after all, it was right beside him.

5. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I'm not happy with Flack just shooting that guy execution style with no consequences or anything. I know he shot and killed a police officer but that's just not how you do it. (Look at Nick, who didn't kill what's his face after he killed Warrick.) That truly bugs me.

As for the end, are we sure someone's going to be killed? It doesn't look like anyone gets hit. I wasn't impressed with the ending.

And what's with Angell looking so perfect (ie makeup and such) after being shot, in surgery and dead? Give me a break?`:rolleyes:

6. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Excellent episode. I loved how every team member was involved and focused on getting the bastards that shot one of their own.

I loved the intro. This is the CSI I look forward to.

Nelly can come back any time he wants to.

Don Flack made me cry just watching him try to hold himself together. I loved how he wouldn't turn around and look at Sid so he wouldn't see him cry. He's such a private man.

Oh Sid. I love you for your compassion.

Danny and Lindsay were awesome. Part of the team while being a couple, they worked incredibly well in this episode. No drama, no funny stuff, very focused and Lindsay did great with the emotional scenes. Atta girl!!! Keep it up!

I was kinda surprised that Stella had no interaction with Flack...none at all.

I love angry Mac when it accomplishes something. There was no self-righteousness in his anger tonight. Just cold hard resolve to get the bad guys that shot someone he considers one of his own.

Adam is awesome! That scene in the garage had me holding me breath. He and Stella working together. He won't forget that for a while.

The sniper scene was really cool. I like how they used the vehicle.

Sheldon setting up triage for the swat team was a great idea. He didn't have the experience to go in shooting but could still help.

Can you re-use a badge? Did I hear Jess' dad say that her badge was third generation?

The bar scene was so sad. Everyone was struggling. Even though I knew it was coming I jumped when they showed the car coming around the corner. Who is hurt? I have no idea but the camera zoomed in on Stella. I have changed my mind so many times on who it would be I can't remember if she was one of the ones I considered or not.

All in all a great episode of the caliber I expect from this show. A+A+A+

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I think it would be easy with body positioning and the trejectory of the kill shot to figure out that Flack executed the guy.

8. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

Werd to that!

Yah, that crossed my mind too, but I'm definitely more tolerant of stuff like that when those minor hangups that I have with the franchise as a whole, like the speed of the analysis and female cops running around in 5 inch heels and low cut tops, are the only thing I can really pick apart. It's when that stuff complies with other serious plot, time line and character problems that I begrudgingly suspend any belief.

I'd kind of like to see their conduct here come into question later on, even if emotionally I'd like to see Don get away scot-free. :lol:
    I totally forgot about that, but I was thinking the same thing when watching the scene! I'm curious about the factual rectitude of this.

9. SparkyGirl

SparkyGirl CSI Level One

So Flack really did blow the guy away?!?!?! I think that would weigh very heavy on Flack's conscious. Right?? Here I go playing angel and devil again.
    Then again the guy killed Jess. Oh..I feel a headache coming on. I will have to watch it again tomorrow, undisturbed. Wait...I am disturbed! :lol:

PerfectAnomaly, you couldn't have said or screamed it better! Similar things came out of my mouth too!!!!:scream:

10. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

oh it was Flack? SOmeone just said Danny did it...it should still be interesting though, although Flack's prevous incident wasn't actually his fault.

11. TylerDalton

TylerDalton Hit and Run

Even with that, there is no way for them to prove the guy wasn't going for the gun.

12. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I agree. I'm sure if he says the guy was going for his gun, that will be the end of it. Even though I had this feeling he'd shoot the guy, it still surprised me when he actually did. The guy deserved it.

13. SkittlezPony

SkittlezPony Victim

So yeah I am so pissed they killed off Angell my favorite character other than Stella on the show. I think they definately never gave her character enough air time we the viewers were deprived!
    The Scenes with Flack and showing his grief were amazingly well done and Eddie Cahill deserves huge props for that and I truelly enjoyed the quality of acting in this episode.
    I liked the scene with Flack and Danny in the hospital and the scene where he gives her dad the badge. Poor Flack he was so madly in love with her and thats obvious.
    I liked the Hug between Mac and Stella at the end that was sweet.
    Damnit why cant they just get Mac and Stella together already its driving me nuts lol
    I hope the shooting at the end of the episode doesnt mean we are going to lose another major character I like the group they have right now!

14. CSINYAddict

CSINYAddict Rookie

I gave this episode a B.
    I was really upset that they killed off Jessica Angell because I really liked her character. At least Flack shot her killer, the murderer deserved it. They should have made the ending a little bit better though because it looked like the bullets missed the whole cast. It should have looked like it hit at least one of them.

Overall, I hope we are given a great season next year. I do look forward to it.

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I thought she did really well with that scene too.

Flack crying nearly broke my heart. I so wanted Danny to hug him, but instead we got angry Danny punching the wall. Hey, Danno, it's not the poor wall's fault.

Danny playing wack-a-mole with the tire kind of made me chuckle for some reason.

The ending was a bit of a cop out (no pun intended). I mean, we don't even see anyone get shot. Everyone just starts ducking. Are we supposed to believe Dunbrook is behind this since he told Mac "be safe"?

Much better season finale cliff than last year's. But then that wouldn't be very hard. :lol:

I liked the scene between Flack and Mr. Angell. And finally, someone hugged Donnie.

As for Flack shooting Angell's killer, well the guy had a bullet wound and looked like he was half dead already. Plus, he was eyeing his gun.