Locker Room #18: Danny/Carmine: Welcome to the Insane Asylum!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Thanks for posting that interview, Poppet. Kind of funny that the interviewer referred to him as "Messer"--oops! :lol: Cool to hear him talking about his music, but they should really get out there and play live somewhere. :p Nice to hear they're at work on a new album--I wonder when it will be out!

A little OT, but did anyone catch Ceesau's guitarist, John Patrick Amedori, on Gossip Girl earlier this season? His character was such a tool, but it was cool to see him on the show.

A little more on topic since discussion of Danny really has been pretty dead lately--hard to believe he's a dad now! I do wonder if his storylines next season will be centered around being a husband and a father, or if we'll see more Danny drama. I gotta say, I do love the latter...he's definitely most entertaining as the show's resident reckless damsel-in-distress. :lol: :p ;)

3. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

For some awful reason I read that as 'hard to believe he's dead now'! :eek: Scared me. :scream:

While I suspect his storylines will centre around the whole father and husband thing to a certain extent, I really can't believe that the ptb will miss an opportunity for Danny drama next season. Although he's had a biggish storyline this year it really hasn't been the type of drama that Carmine excells at. I've said it before but I really have viewed S5 as a transition season for Danny, now I want to see some great storylines with the father/husband thing as more of a side dish that adds complexity to his character and the issues he's facing.

BTW the Ceesau interview is on Allfm in an hour or so, but it looks like it's just Michael Brasic. Still should be interesting so I'll try and listen out for it.

4. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Thank you, Poppet, for the link. The interview was interesting and I didn't even notice the slip up by the interviewer calling him Messer. Sounds like he may be a CSI NY fan as well!

Danny as a Daddy. Who would have thought? I don't mind seeing him in danger, because that comes with the job. What I don't like is seeing him being in danger because he didn't think first. That tends to make me cringe.

I too would like to see the daddy/husband thing be a layer of who he is but not the entire focus. Let's hope they give him some good action scenes dealing with cases, with a bit of married life thrown in so we can see how he deals with balancing his dedication to his job and his family.

Remember in City of Dolls he was helping with the Secret Sophie doll and he was examining the pink jumper she had on. Then in The Amityville case he rescued the little girl from behind the wall and carried her out to the ambulance, bunny suit and everything. I think Ruben was the only boy he ever interacted with and that didn't turn out too well. Maybe he was just supposed to have a girl.

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I think Danny's going to be a doting daddy to his daughter, definitely. He definitely seems to be good with kids!

Danny in danger is kind of a gold standard for the show. :lol: I admit it, I've always liked that the show's resident damsel-in-distress is a pretty boy as opposed to a pretty girl. :lol:

6. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Well of course! Pretty boy damsel-in-distress is always more fun to watch than pretty girl DID.

Carmine does such a good job with Danny.;) Knowing how committed he is to his character, we may have to request a smilie icon that melts for all the good daddy/daughter moments. I'm sure there are going to be some prize-winners.

7. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

We could see in the episode Grounds for Deception how much Danny was very protective with respect to his daughter.
    I think indeed, that during the next season, we will have right has superb moments at the same time funny and touching.

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I thought "Grounds for Deception" made Danny look like an idiot. Who the hell goes after a random lab tech because he's part of a group who's cooing over his baby? It was probably supposed to be funny, but it just made him look like one big stereotype of the over protective father to the extreme. And carrying the baby around while he's working? WTF was that about. If this is what S6 Danny is going to be like then I hope he does get offed in the cliffhanger.

9. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

I think that it is necessary to take into account that it is very new for him and that consequently, all is oversize in its attitudes and acts.
    Moreover it is Danny, it is a whole man, therefore either it makes the things, or it doesn’t them, but never nothing with half.
    I did not find it idiotic, it is true that a laboratory, is not too the place of a baby, after was undoubtedly to show us how much Danny is protective not to say surprotector.

10. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

He looked like a total moron doing it, and mostly because I don't think the actor was "feeling" it. It was meant to be funny, but came off as totally lame. He should be going after them with a bottle of hand sanitizer. Swine flu, people!

11. PerfectAnomaly

It's no longer the swine flu, it's the H1N1 flu now. We can't be giving the pigs a bad rep. :p I agree that Carmine doesn't appear to be too into this whole storyline. It's like he's phoning it in with any DL and baby stuff.

12. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I think it would have been funny if it had been directed at Hawkes or Adam - someone we know he has that kind of banter style relationship with instead of some random lab tech we have never met.

13. PerfectAnomaly

I agree it would've been funny if they had Lucy not smiling for Danny but then Hawkes or Adam came up and she started smiling. The way it was played it just came off like Danny needed to get a grip or take a nap or sign up for an anger management class or something. It was just off.

14. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I did see that being a sad girl who is kind of addicted to Gossip Girl... he was wierd I didn't click it was him till I went i recognise that name then it twigged and he was a lot younger than i imagined or he pulls it off well but he was good.

Danny's overprotectiveness is wierd on hand i like it its sweet to see him suddenly think about everything and realise its not all about him now. But on the other hand it is a tad not annoying but wierd to see him act like that.

15. M-n-Mfan7

M-n-Mfan7 Victim

You know he probably did need a nap, seeing as he is the diaper changing type of daddy he is probably the get up with lindsay in the middle of the night.....I thouhgt it was a cute gesture...him gettign jealous over who was palying with his baby princess.... there is only one man in her life that is me...Lucy was apparently named after louie Dannys brother. I think that TPTB are trying to get us used to the idea of baby before season 6 starts because I think that they are going to intergrate alot of family and baby in with the crimes and the late night calls to a crime scene, etc. So that we dont forget about her in the off season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.