Episode 7x24 'Dissolved' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 8, 2009.

1. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

Wow, this epi was interesting. Ryan and Eric working together w/o all that tension was a nice change, yay :thumbsup:.

I'm not going to jump to conclusions this time around. Playing around with words and scenes seems to be a CSI franchise MO.

I don't think this is the last we'll see of Tara.

2. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I am kind of annoyed. I have logged in, tried to post and it told me I needed to log in again and I would lose 10 minutes of typing. Ugh. I hate it when that happens.

A pretty intense episode.

What I liked:

--Ryan (natch). Damn, did he look hot in that suit. Blue is a good color on him:drool:
    -His scene with Eric. I loved the light-hearted banter. Eric to Ryan: "just like the leather pants you like to wear" (gotta see these leather pants:devil:). Glad to see them getting along.

-Ryan's whole involvement with Tara's situation. He did the right thing and handled it well eveh though it obviously bothered him. He tried to warn her and gave her every chance but she blew him off. Glad he got to mention his gambling to her. He followed through on his ultimatium from last week, and handled the investigation very professionally. Surprised and glad to see H there when Ryan searched her locker. Ryan was shocked when he realized the situation was worse than he first thought. His response to Tara's apology reminded me of his conversation with Calleigh right after he got fired. I wonder is he found it weird to be on the giving end of that conversation.

--Mike Travers out of the lab. Love this guy!!

--Bye bye Tara. I highly doubt she will be back in the morgue if we see her at all. With the charges against her, I don't see how she could come back. She will probably lose her license and even if she didn't I don't think H could trust her again. Maybe Alexx will be back?!

--Ron is now my favorite villain. He plays so well off of H. I was a little surprised that he had nothing to do with that death in the pool.

--Poor Kyle needs a hug.

--Frank is slowly replacing H as the one-liner king. My favorite Frankism: "you're crazy but you already knew that"

What I wasn't so crazy about:

--Little Natalia

--The story line was a bit confusing. Why did the two couples die?

--Although I am starting to warm up to Rick Statler, I hated his shirt/tie combo.

I liked the episode and looking forward to the finale.:)

3. califan

califan Victim

I'm still catching up, but from what I've gathered the ME job has been cursed. It's reminds me of Harry Potter because the job of the dark arts class was cursed no teacher made it more than a year. But it would be hard to fill Khandi's shoes what I have seen she was wonderful, plus I was a fan of hers on News Radio.

4. arcadian7

arcadian7 Witness

I haven't even seen this epi yet and I have to say that I am sad for H because he's so desperate for a family of his own that he's forgetting his earlier dealings with Julia - she's a criminal and that's all there is to it - meds or not - the lady's a sneaky con artist like her latest flame Ron Saris... I don't know why TPTB would remove all of this history and make H a total sap when he's stood firm for what's right and what's wrong in the past - heck, he dumped a girlfriend (Attorney Nivens) because she decided to cut a deal with a cop killer - why in heaven's name would H protect Julia? Just because she bore him a son??? OH pulleeaazzzeee!! H, you are disappointing me!!! Sure, I'm glad they are trying to make H the character he was in earlier seasons but this is nuts! Julia doesn't deserve him - and honestly - give me a break that the writers are more or less just repeating the woes of the Marisol storyline again. Are they really determined to curse poor Horatio that badly to give him yet another broken woman in his life? I liked Julia when she first came on - a con artist coniving woman who was solely out for herself no matter who she screwed over to get what she wanted. I felt sorry for her in Bombshell but now as I see the course of this storyline - I'm terribly disappointed that she has an illness to lay all blame on for her conduct in life... sorry, I think the writers could do better with this one - there was so much more potential to it keeping Julia as just a "B" and running with her self-centeredness instead of making her another woman with an illness (and yes, I know bipolar disorder is a very real thing but I thought the storyline could be better)... H deserves a storyline that's dramatic but another ill woman in his life has been done already... he doesn't need a repeat performance of Marisol to break his heart again...

5. Nightrider

Nightrider Witness

Well, love is blind -- and deaf, dumb and crazy sometimes. I have to admit I want to smack him Cher-style and tell H to "Snap out of it!" I don't care if the woman has a mental illness or not -- Dude, she's playing you and she knows she can!
    As for Tara and Julia, I actually fell pity for them both. Don't get me wrong -- I don't condone what either of them did. No one put a gun up to Tara's head and told her to take the pills and lie, and no one put a gun to Julia's head (no pun intended) and told her not to take hers. It was their choice from beginning to end. But addiction and mental illness are very serious problems that don't solve themselves with a wave of a wand or disappear overnight.
    Addicts will lie, steal, manipulate and even kill for their drug of choice. And it's not because they are bad people, it's because the drug has taken over their mind and body and has become their No. 1 priority. Nothing else matters any more. A family member who is a nurse once told me that if she had a choice, she would rather kick heroine than Oxy and other narcotics because those drugs literally get into your muscles and bones. Once you don't have them anymore, you experience the worst pain humanly possible.
    And with mental illness, I have dealt with my fair share of bipolar patients who struggle with taking their meds. Some think the meds have taken something away from them, like their creativity or true feelings or even their personality. They don't realize that once they drop the meds, their chemistry spirals out of control, as we all saw. In Julia's mind, her actions were her only way out of the hell she was in.
    In the end, both characters had to hit bottom to get help. Will Tara be back? Doubt it. That's federal time and nothing will help her there. Julia? Oh despite the fact that I would rather see a root canal sooner, we will see her again.

6. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

personally glad for any time of seeing Rick and with Horatio-fantastic...loved snarky Ron Saris creeping even Horatio by being at the scene of a murder and acting all buddy buddy to H "want a cuban cigar, H?it's expensive" yikes, no thanks...liked that actions had consequences-Tara you've been found out so no more lies and hiding anything after everyone in the lab saw you get arrested-you're screwed,lady...as for sick Julia-she needed a babysitter/nurse to make sure she stayed on her meds so giving her 'space' like H suggested wasn't a good idea-but she had been pushed over and Kyle isn't experienced enough to help her so where was H-either they were dating again or she expected him to take care of her...as for Natalia knowing/asking about personal questions concerning Julia-maybe some of the team and H/Julia, Kyle have been socializing-we don't know that they haven't had some beach time, picnics, parties, dinners and maybe that's why she asked?

7. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Absolutely agree with you here. I understand that Julia is having major issues and is suffering but Kyle, along with everything else he's had to deal with in this short life, is now being forced what watch his mother go through a complete emotional/mental meltdown. Until Horatio removed him from Julia's care it appeared to me that Kyle was HER caretaker, not the other way around. Life has not been easy for Kyle, who I'm sure thought that when he found his parents he'd finally have a support system for HIM. I know Horatio has always been there for Kyle but I really feel he could have been a little more attentive to Kyle's emotional devastation after watching his mother scare the crap out of his co-workers and himself and then threaten to kill herself.

I understand Horatio's concern for Julia, but I do believe that Kyle should be the priority for Horatio - not Julia. Maybe now that Julia is getting the professional help she needs Horatio will forcus on Kyle. THAT, I would truly like to see.

Horatio removing Kyle and not believing Julia probably only served to exacerbate the situation, but you're right, Julia has to assume ultimate responsibility for her own actions. She elected to stop taking her medication and what happened was a result of that decision.

Horatio was right to take Kyle and he had every reason to believe that Julia was both capable of threatening Saris and stealing the drugs from the morgue.

Horatio will forever carry the weight of the world on his shoulders and his guilt about all the horrible things that happen to the innocent is only worse when it's people he cares about. It didn't surprise me at all that he went to the judge to work out a deal. He does that kind of thing all the time for strangers, so of course he'd do it for someone he considers his family.

Yeah. You're right.

I'm not looking forward to the finale either - except that it means I can now hope the TEAM returns in season 8.

I didn't really think it was unprofessional. Horatio and Natalia have always gotten along well, especially since he helped her get through her ex-husband's death - in a friendship way. I took him telling Natalia that Julia was off her meds and as him sharing with a friend, not a subordinate or even co-worker. Although I don't think it would be inappropriate for him to tell her if at that time Horatio thought it was possible Julia had threatened Saris. That would be part of an investigation.

I like Horatio and Natalia's relationship. They seem very comfortable together and Natalia is always so warm, understanding and kind when it comes to Horatio and Ryan. It's one of the reasons I like her so much. Those two need a little kindness thrown their way once in a while. Natalia, in a small way, makes up for Alexx being gone. It just seems like she'll be there to take care of them when no one else cares. :)

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  8. Liesbetje

Liesbetje Dead on Arrival

I actually have only one thing to say: Michael Travers, marry me!:lol: He's so so funny, and super-intelligent and his accent is great. I was like wiiiiiii Travers gooooooo Travers:guffaw:

For the rest: Tara, good riddance. Seriously, I don't really dislike the character, but it would be nice to have an ME without any issues whatsoever.

Why's Eric still talking to his dad? It's not even his dad, he just "created" him, he didn't bring him up.

Horatio, please, you can't blame yourself for everything that goes wrong in the world, Julia's a nut.

Ryan did a good job, looked good... but somehow I have the feeling sometimes he doesn't really fit in. However his scenes with Eric were nice.

9. delkosgirl88

delkosgirl88 Hit and Run

You pretty much summed up my thoughts on this epi.

10. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

All I can say is WOW! Fantastic! It was great to see Michael Travers in the field. He's a character who HAS character.

It was also great to see Rick and Horatio working together on something for a change, although I usually enjoy watching them snap and snarl at one another. And to use Rick in TWO unrelated scenes. That was great. That tie looked like something out of the S&K Jimi Hendrix collection! :eek:

I have to agree with a lot of other people here. I knew Tara had some big shoes to fill after Alexx left, but it just seems like she never quite got there. It hardly seemed believable that she was so young and had all that experience.

Please bring Alexx back? To have the whole gang back would be awesome!

Kim Coates did a fantastic job as an uber-creepy bad guy.

CBS, if you're reading this, please keep up the good work. And don't cut corners! If you're supposed to have a tech or IAB in a certain scene, pay the actors and bring them in! They're all excellent and worth the money!

11. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

I thought this episode was OK. I didn't like that you knew waht happened to the victims right at the beginning og the show.

Did anyone else find it weird that Ryan searched Tara's locker without gloves one? Later, in the morgue, he has them on but not during the search. I thought it was odd considering it was an investigation.

12. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

I was really good, and i did think it was a little weird the Ryan wasn't wearing gloves. I loved hearing Kyle call Horatio "dad" it made me awww.
    I'm glad to see Tara go, I will always be a Alex fan and no one will ever replace her.

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I did find it a bit odd, but the locker was Tara's and only she had the combination, so technically there would be no reason for them to need to do a fingerprint test... especially when at least two people saw her popping pills and Ryan saw her grabbing pills up from the ground after the grenade went off.

14. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Yeah. I guess so but she could always claim that it's his word against hers and that Kyle doesn't count because he's an ex-con.
    I don't know just thought it was weird no gloves there but gloves in the morgue when checking tags against the bottles. Anyway...bye bye Tara.
    I'm weird. I pick up on things like that.

15. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Ryan could have been wearing gloves in the morgue to prevent any problems with other cases that the other bodies could have been involved in. I actually thought Ryan not wearing gloves was a little strange too. I guess since they were found in her locker and H was there as a witness, there was no need to wear gloves. As mentioned before, there was other incidences that happened that pretty much left no doubt what was going on.