The Cliffhanger Poll *SPOILERS for the FINALE*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 7, 2009.

?

Who do you think will be shot in the diner?

1. Mac Taylor

6 vote(s)
    6.0%
  2. Stella Bonasera

14 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. Danny Messer

37 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. Lindsay Monroe

7 vote(s)
    7.0%
  5. Don Flack

8 vote(s)
    8.0%
  6. Sheldon Hawkes

18 vote(s)
    18.0%
  7. Adam Ross

6 vote(s)
    6.0%
  8. Sid Hammerback

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Well, there's nothing concrete to suggest it's Stella so at this stage I'd have to call that comment speculative. It's possible someone read the write up and saw the recent promo and put two and two together. In the promo it certainly looks like Stella is in trouble, but that happens in ep 24 not the finale.

2. OldGuise

OldGuise Hit and Run

For some reason, I voted Adam. I think it's some sort of masochistic hope, because even though I dread anyone getting shot, and seeing Adam get hurt would feel like getting punched, it would also be interesting television.

The drama of messing with Adam would get me, whereas seeing the injury of someone like Mac, or Stella, or to a certain extent Flack, seems less pressing. It's probably because I can't see the show getting rid of them until after it jumps over a pool full of hungry sharks wearing tutus.

And then there's the fact that they already messed around with Adam, kinda-sorta, with the mini crisis about him getting laid off or fired or whatever that was. That all kind of faded into the background, though, so I don't know. I just don't know.

I should have just voted Danny. At least that theory makes more sense than whatever I just said.

eta: Also, I basically argued myself out of my theory, so a vote for Danny seems even more appealing now. Whatever.

3. Rtelgeuse

Rtelgeuse Hit and Run

I voted for Adam. If I'm not mistaken, he was wounded on an explosion early in this season. Also remember what happened to him in season 3 finale.

4. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

I haven't read anything specific about who gets hurt anywhere else, so I don't know how the person who wrote that is supposed to know this. I hope it's not her, not only because she's my favorite character, but also because she'll go through enough during 5.24. Putting her in danger two episodes in a row would be overkill, IMHO.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:guffaw:That's a really funny image. :lol:

I voted Danny (I think), but I think it could be Hawkes too especially after seeing that video where Hill was talking about how his character still has so much potential and hasn't had a love interest yet, so they shouldn't kill him off.

6. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I'm betting it'll be Sid. When they showed everyone in the diner from outside. Sid looked like he was most likely to be shot.
    And quoting from my post in the Grade 'Pay Up' thread":

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't know, in that last show it looked to me like Hawkes and Sid were closest to the window, so I'm betting if anyone's hurt it'll be one of the two of them. Danny was in between Linds and Adam. Adam was in between Stella and Danny. Stella had Flack on the other side of her. Then it was Mac, Sid and then Hawkes. But, it'll probably turn out that no one was shot, but someone's slightly cut from all the broken glass.

8. mimefan

mimefan Dead on Arrival

I think it might be Danny, and maybe Louie could come and see him? Or maybe it's just a random extra who gets shot, because that extra wore a hat.

9. webbie1234

webbie1234 Civilian

You know when you get that infurating feeling when you know that something bad is going to happen and you just cant figure out what it is?
    I get that with this, one half of me thinks it's Stella. Because of how the glass smashed. And the other half, some one else but I don't know!!

10. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

I also think it might be Stella because of the smashed glass, so it´s likely she might get hit by the bullets. As long as she´ll survive, I´m OK with it.
    Me thinks, TPTB have not yet decided if they´ll let the character, whoever it will finally be, survive or not. Maybe it´s another matter of budget, will they need to cut more or not?
    See Emmanuelle´s interview, Angell was sacrificed for budget cuts.

11. symbeline

symbeline Witness

I voted Danny because I want the writers to rethink the route they were heading this season and make him interesting and well, Danny, again.

But of course, this would mean more DL drama and I don't know if I'll be able to go through Anna's emoting scenes again.

The problem with choosing Hawkes is that he isn't the center of the drama in the show, so I don't know how would the other characters react to him being shot. I suspect it could be another swept-under-the-rug thing after the premiere, whereas if it's Danny I can see more continuity, since he has more impact in the show.

:lol: You mean he can stop the bullet with his teeth, right? :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol: I almost spilled my drink. Sorry, that was funny.

12. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

I voted for Danny, because I think he's the most likely one to be in danger next season...

After seeing how they played up his knack for rushing into things without thinking (banging the Nazi's head into the ground, running into a fire fight without his bulletproof vest, etc) it's pretty obvious he's riding for a fall. The writers seem to love Danny drama/angst too, and we know Carmine can deliver...so why the hell not?

Personally I hope it's not Danny. As I said, the writers love Danny drama, and even though I love the guy (or at least more of how he was in the past), I'm kind of bored of seeing him in danger. He was in trouble with the Tanglewood Boys twice, with Mac multiple times, with the law in On the Job when he shot Minhas, and the whole Ruben thing last season. Give it a rest!

I would love it if they focused on a character that hasn't been used so recently this past season. This past season began with a Mac in danger situation, and the episode before the finale dealt with Stella. The finale put alot of focus on Flack dealing with Angell's murder and finding her killer. We've already had Sid in danger with the radiation poisoning, so they could probably give him a rest for a while, too. And with the whole DL storyline, I'm done with Lindsay...so I'd rather it not be her.

Adam or Hawkes wouldn't be bad though. I'm kind of leaning towards Adam, just because I love him more, and for some reason I love it when my favorite characters get beaten up....I was a sucker for the Danny stuff earlier in the show's run ;)

But still....I think its going to be Danny. Sigh.

13. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

no idea where to post this, but here it is anyway. from tvguide's megabuzz.

14. CSIinator

CSIinator Victim

I voted for Adam.... I don't know why.....Just think he should get more parts :] :lol:

15. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I have re watched 5.25 and for me Danny, Sid are closer to the windows but the possible shot officers include Mac and Stella as well

Danny---> he protected Lindsay and Lindsay was somehow covering Flack so neither Lindsay nor Flack are the possible wounded CSI

Then in the middle we had Stella and she was alone so possible target!

In the left side (talking from sniper's POV) we had Sid who protected Adam.

I don't remember where Hawkes was during the shooting. But i do remember he was in Stella's left side

Idon't know, I am dizzy and i won't be able to resistmuch longer without spoilers :D

Last edited: May 21, 2009