Hodges and Wendy----Labrats Love!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Brassy, Apr 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baby Jane

Baby Jane Victim

Hummm yes, I've heard about that too.
    I would love to see Hodges desperate and frustated to see Wendy away from him and from the lab, thinking that she's on the field and he's here, unable to watch her in the lab anymore. I'm sure he would end up by losing his mind, going insane and tell her what he feels, lol!

2. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

I'm thinking both... as dichotomous as it may be, I think that she'd do that if Hodges keeps acting that way. We all know how determined she is.

I was very happy with the episode... it's like TPTB are making up for the lack of Wedges all season. But I hope that isn't the last of them 'cause I would like to see little hints here and there. We're not asking for too much... we'd be just as happy with snarky moments.

3. Crazy4Wedges

Crazy4Wedges Victim

A little bit is better than nothing. Which is what we've gotten up until this point. I mean, come on, they work in the same lab, is it that unreal to think that they are going to come into contact with each other?

LOL! Okay, I'm done with my rant for today. LOL!

4. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

According TPTB, maybe... considering their interests, I'm surprised that they haven't crossed paths outside work sooner. But seriously, it was great that TPTB show that happen and I'm a little spooked 'cause a couple of pages ago, I was saying wouldn't it be funny if Hodges ran into Wendy at the convention and she was in costume... looks like they listened. So all I can say is more of that please.

5. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

This was over on the talkcsi review for 'a space oddity' and I thought i'd share it with this thread. Basically stating what we were saying or trying to say all along between the two actors and the two characters. Hopefully with something like this being said, besides from the fans that support the pairing, that tptb continue to expand on this angle between our labrats...even if it's slow and steady, with them eventually getting things right between them to make something work.

6. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Well at least TPTB are doing it right. No scenes this week though... *pokes TPTB* Here's to more Wedges scenes next time. Anything before the season finale 'cause you can't just leave it at that without any continuity.

7. DJRideout

Well wasn't that cute...Hodges standing up in Wendy's defense. Yeah, okay, she might have been able to handle the situation herself, but like I posted over on my little episode review, that fact that Hodges actually did that for the one he loves makes me think that hope is not all lost. Then Wendy tending to his wound after the headbutt (which did make me laugh), was like she was returning the favor.

Perhaps I was reading to much into the incident, but that's how I viewed it. Would he have done the same for her last season? Or is it the fact that she knows how he feels about her and she hinted the same back, that he responded the way he did?

8. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

*rushes in* I missed last night's episode... why do I always miss the good scenes? Hodges defending Wendy? Wendy fixing his wound? Man, talk about making up. At least we're getting some progression... and it's in the right direction for once. We'd love more of that please!

9. DJRideout

I'm an open-minded person, or at least I'd like to think I am. If one likes a certain ship, and not another, well to each their own. I don't go off bad-mouthing the other ship. But personally, I am tired of reading posts, beit on this site or elsewhere, taking the Wedges ship and comparing it as a cheapened version of GSR. Sure there might be similarities between the two, but there are also many differences between these pairings as well.

Then I read a comment that basically suggests that Hodges is head over heels in love with Wendy when it's obvious she doesn't return the same feelings. HELLO!! Sure wasn't it back in Season 7, during the Labrats episode that it was blantantly obvious, that beside the little flirty looks that the two shared etc., that she was the one that kinda made the first move..."I can't believe that, for half a second, I actually thought that I might ..."??

Since then, Wendy's made it more of a point to visit Hodges in his lab then he in hers.

Anyway, I just needed somewhere to vent when all this was brought to my attention for a second time. I figured here would be the best place, with people who'd understand the characters and the ship...lol!

10. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I know what you mean, DJ. While I doubt that Wendy has as big of a crush on him as he to her, I've found it rather obvious that she has at least some feelings for him. She's way too accepting of his random ideas, plus she's always seemed more hurt than angry when he screws up.

And that's a very good point- in almost every "little scene" that they've had, Wendy's randomly come into his lab. Like the scenes in Theory of Everything and Two and a Half Deaths.

11. Baby Jane

Baby Jane Victim

Well I don't think she has less feelings than him for her. Actually, I think she really loves him, but she doesn't show it the same way Hodges does.
    Wendy won't be the kind of girl to burn the lab, lol, or say something really stupid when Hodges is next to her. She can control herself, and I think she's more into "hiding" her feelings.
    Hodges is the one that always messes up. He's clumsy with her, like a little boy at school when he's next to the girl he likes. He's actually the one who "shows" his feelings, in his way.

However, Wendy, As DJRideout said, is the one who always makes "the first step". In 7x0 Lab Rats, the "I actually thought that I might" was so obvious, she almost said the truth right in his face. In A space Oddity, she invited Hodges at her place! That's the big step! XD
    She's not afraid of a relationship as Hodges is. To me, Wendy is the "impatient" one. She loves him, probably as much as he loves her, but she doesn't really like to play that much. She's more the yes or no girl, that's why she doesn't really show her feelings. But I think she really loves him, Space Oddity can confirm that she wants to be with him as much as Hodges wants to be with her.

I also like the way that some people in the lab "know". Henry of course, but I think that when Hodges asked Catherine about "romantic relationships" in the lab, it seemed to me that she knows, lol, when she said "life is short, right". Also Langstone asked Hodges if he and Wendy always went to conventions together. It seems that people around Hodges and Wendy are aware of the love floating in the air above them better than they are themselves, lol. I really like this.

As for the Thursday episode: I really enjoyed the Wedges scene (yeaaaa, a Wedges scene that lasted more than 30 seconds!!!). Hodges defending Wendy, awww! XD
    I have to say that I was suprised in the first place because it's not really Hodges style to stand for someone, he's more the kind of guy who hides himself. But I totally loved this scene. He's ready to get beat up for Wendy, so adorable. And it's even funnier that he got beat up by a woman, lol!! I wonder if he would have done the same thing in front a one of those big biker guys.... :lol:
    It was a stupid act, as Wendy said, because she's totally able to defend herself, but it was adorable, and it's again a way for Hodges to show her feelings for Wendy, and I guess that's what us, women, would like, a man standing for us, even if it's a lame one like Hodges, lol!

Also it's a good point for us, Wedges shipper, because it confirms that the writers won't stop with Hodges and Wendy, and that we may have a couple soon! Certainly not in this season but for season 10 maybe!! I really hope so! :adore:

(OMG sorry for the long post -___-")

12. Artemis.Moon

Artemis.Moon Victim

I was no idea they're couple....But it seems for a long time.....

13. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Hey, don't be sorry. Besides, did you see my post from a page or two back? It was even longer than that. We have a habit of ranting on this thread. :lol:

You make a good point. I suppose that Wendy's feelings are there as much as Hodges', but she's just better at suppressing them than he is. Much, much better. He's fails badly (because he's Hodges). I've said it before and I'll re-admit it now. I'm not entirely sure that I want them together, if only because I'm sure TPTB will do something stupid (I'm still pissed at the NY finale, and it hasn't even aired yet).

14. Baby Jane

Baby Jane Victim

I don't watch CSI:NY a lot but I've heard about it.

But I think Hodges and Wendy will be a couple, because I don't think the writers would have spent an entire episode 80% Wedges just to give up with them at the end (I hope!).
    Then the thing is : how are they going to write this?
    I only watch CSI and CSI:MIAMI without missing any episodes, and I love Calleigh/Eric on Miami, but I was really disappointed by the way they finally ended up together, there was a lack of something... I don't know.
    So I really hope they won't mess up with Hodges and Wendy because I wouldn't like to be disappointed again, as they are actually my fav ship of the franchises, so I really want them to be a couple, but not a lame one!
    So far I'm really happy about what they did with those two, so I stay confident. :thumbsup:

Artemis.Moon: they aren't a couple for now. :)

15. DJRideout

I think I would love to see them as a couple now....BUT...if tptb are going to sacrifice the image and integrity of each character and turn them into something that we all know are not them, for the sake of having romance on some level on the show, then I don't want to see it become official.

Hodges has his awkward characteristics as does Wendy, both Liz and Wally feed off each other extremely well, and personally, that is how I want it to stay and I'll be quite upset if the writers tempt fate by changing either one of them.

I would agree. Why put all the effort forward if you weren't gonna go anywhere with it? But then again...we've seen some stranger things happen with CSI...so I won't bet my last buck on it quite yet. I would need another solid moment or two between Wendy and Hodges to be fully convinced on the writers intentions.

Personally?? I think that even though it shows that it's Hodges (the average, run of the mill geek) that is after Wendy (the brainy and pretty brunette).....I have a hunch that they may write it in the end as Wendy being the one going after Hodges. The complete opposite of the typical scenario.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.