The Cliffhanger Poll *SPOILERS for the FINALE*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 7, 2009.

?

Who do you think will be shot in the diner?

1. Mac Taylor

6 vote(s)
    6.0%
  2. Stella Bonasera

14 vote(s)
    14.0%
  3. Danny Messer

37 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. Lindsay Monroe

7 vote(s)
    7.0%
  5. Don Flack

8 vote(s)
    8.0%
  6. Sheldon Hawkes

18 vote(s)
    18.0%
  7. Adam Ross

6 vote(s)
    6.0%
  8. Sid Hammerback

4 vote(s)
    4.0%
  1. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

How nice of you!!

2. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

fm62 after reading your post you are my fave person of the day haha. i'm sure Mac would do what you said if he is the one to get shot. he's Super-Mac he can do anything.

i picked Flack to be the one in the cliffhanger but then i thought he had a bit of a cliffy in season 2. then i thought Mac b/c he's the main character but he got one last season. after reading everyone's post i'll have to go with Danny now. he has been getting himself into some situations like getting shot at and getting suspended. it's been a good year for Danny and happiness can't last forever on TV. Danny has been a reckless sort of character since season one, it's just him, it's just part of who he is. he has that sort of fearlessness and i think some proving not only to other but to himself that he can do things and be tough about it. Danny is just one of those characters that if something bad happens to him or he gets in trouble you just know one day it will come back to bite him in the butt.

if Danny's the one getting hurt and it carries over into next season i hope it is done well and is talked through. i can see a lot of potential for this for next season..... but then again TPTB have no really been that great with continuity so not really holding my breath.

whoever this person is that gets hurt besides the one that gets kills off we know they'll be ok and be back next season.

3. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Are you suggesting that, say, someone could have a hole the size of a fist put in their stomach, have the subsequent intestinal injuries be secured with a shoelace wet down with rubbing alcohol, and still be back the following season without the merest suggestion of that injury? Perish the thought!

I'm thinking it might be Hawkes' turn. Most of the other characters have had some life-imperiling stake at the end of the season:
    Flack (see above)
    Mac - Snow Day could have ended badly for him
    Danny and Adam - Snow Day again; nothing like a fun hostage situation where you both end up in the hospital
    Stella - Oy, Frankie!

Hawkes hasn't been in danger where he could lose his life at any minute, so I'm thinking it's him. Is there some kind of online betting pool?

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

LOL, you know, I pretty much concur. I like Danny reckless and childish and bouncy. :lol:

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: Don't forget, he'll be able to ID the shooter courtesy of that handy eye in the back of his head! :lol:

I kind of see it that way, too. How will getting shot change Danny? Will it affect the way he rushes in recklessly, or will it maybe make him freeze up or hesitate before going after a suspect the way he did in "Point of No Return"?

I bet it will make Flack even more protective of him, if that's possible. :p

As others have said, Mac was just asked to be the baby's godfather, so he'll take it hard. That, and Danny is his protege.

And of course Lindsay will be crushed (the less focus on that, the better, though).

So I think there's a strong chance it's going to be Danny--but I guess we'll see.

Someone above mentioned the possibility that we might not even find out who was shot until next season! I hope that's not the case, but man, that would be a cliffhanger!!!

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

That third eye can combine with his SuperMac!Memory which allows him to remember things like who was in the crowd at the scene of a hit and run that happened two years prior. :shifty:

6. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

I hope they don't do that--it'd be almost a copy of last season's Criminal Minds finale (where each team member and agents associated with them got into a black SUV in different parts of the city and at the end a bomb went off in one of them--the cliffy was, whose SUV blew up?).

7. Top41

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's our SuperMac! :lol:

I remember that...and then the person who ended up dying because of the bomb turned out to be a guest star, right?

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

That's right. They hyped it as "one of the team" getting blown up and it ended up being the chick who was working with them on that specific case in whatever town they were in. Well, Hodge was in the SUV with her, but he just got away with minor injuries. :rolleyes:

As much as I didn't want anyone in the cast to leave, that annoyed the crap out of me. :shifty:

9. Top41

Ah, the over-hyping of finale/sweeps ep events... like "the line-up will be forever changed" or whatever phrase was used to lead us to believe a character from the main credits was being killed off? :p

Not that Angell isn't important, but it was a tad misleading. ;)

10. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

For some reason my gut is leaning towards Hawkes, I don't even have any reasoning behind it :lol: but I think it'll be Danny who's shot.

11. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

I'm sticking with Hawkes, (even though I know Faylinn has him hidden somewhere:shifty:).

The uplifting inspirational start to S6 could be Hawkes in a coma, having a conversation with his uncle that just died and his uncle helping him make the decision to live. Hawkes has been getting more and more in tune with his spiritual side with the "test" from his uncle from "Yahrzeit".

You know I'm totally making this up, right? It wouldn't surprise me if they shot Danny, but as I have said before, I think it would be very unbalanced of the show to use him again so soon as a main storyline.

12. flackie_boo

flackie_boo Hit and Run

I voted Flack, I don't thinks it's going to be him though, I just voted him for some reason.

If Danny is the one who gets shot that will be lame. Lets give him a happy storyline that stays happy for more than an episode. I'm sick of seeing Danny in emotional/physical pain. They're gonna tear him apart, he's like the overused tampon of the show. Just quit with the Danny angst for a bit, let the guy be happy and injury free! Poor Danno won't have a soul after this if he gets shot.

Sheldon Hawkes is probably the only character on the show who hasn't had anything major happen to him. Give him a 'shot' :)lol: I'm funny ;) not really. )

Well anyway, knowing this show it probably will be Danny. Poor guy. :(

13. KDKHm

KDKHm Dead on Arrival

I voted Danny because I think that they couldn't keep him happy forever (the new baby)

Also I think it would give us some really good scences from people like Flack and Lindsay

14. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

Exactly my thought, I noticed that too and I vvas like NOO! But then I started thinking, this vvednesday she'll have her major spotlight, (that vve all knovv she's been needing through the entire shovv.) So it's not likely that it's her, even though I agree it vvould be an interesting tvvist. As for the drink part, maybe she instinctively just lets go because she prioritates getting safe, rather than keeping her drink.

EDIT:

I vvent for Havvkes, because vve've finally had some real stories about him lately, and he seems to get more and more defined, also about his relationships to other characters. ´
    Most of the first 4 seasons, the only people I've seen him really connect vvith vvas Sid and Stella. I cant give you the episodes, because I dont really knovv, just in general that seems to be the impression i got, novv all of a sudden, him and Danny are bff ( not that I dont love that he's finally getting attention).

I think, if he's the one to be shot, vve vvill see the vvhole team vvorried and vve'll get some real idea of vvhere they all stand in relation to him. Also, it vvould be a nice chance to see some interaction vvith family (live ones.)

And maybe he'd meet a hot nurse... You knovv vvhat, I'll let you go on from there... :p¨

Excuse my use of vv instead of a double, but i spilled cocoa in my keyboard.

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  15. jaderss

jaderss Victim