Still Missing Grissom?

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by vegaslights, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Hadapurpura

Hadapurpura Witness

I agree with the fact that all tv shows are suffering from a decline in ratings, but that decline has been gradual. In CSI's case, the decline wasn't sudden enough to think people were just "oh, Grissom's gone, I'll stop watching", but wasn't gradual enough to say it's just part of the trend on TV. The way it has been, suggests people gave Gissom-less CSI a chance, found it not so good, and started leaving the show like people start leaving a party.

2. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

^ yeah, i have to back you up on that. CSI's ratings went down 3-4 million in a span of just a few episodes, which is about -20% give or take a donut. i don't think other shows' ratings behaved exactly the same. they are all declining but it seems the departure of 3 characters including the main one on CSI, was a factor.

see, the idea of having LF on the show was quite interesting and exciting to me when i first heard about it. i wondered how it would all turn out, but now after i've seen a few episodes with him, i don't know how much more Langston could bring to the table.

maybe it's because i do not even know whether i like him or not. i really liked his first episode on the show, when he was teaching and he had a lot of authority. he looked inspiring and as if he had a great potential to be a leader who everybody respects. somehow, i think that the rookie aura he's got around him right now, is not doing him any good, character-wise.

it's almost like TPTB was sending us mixed signals, first he is this incredibly knowledgeble professor with authority who is not afraid to tell Brass he hates to be screwed around with (in 19 Down i believe), and next we know he eats a sandwich in the morgue, gets his tie all mingled up in evidence and has to cut it (and walks around with it looking like a doofus), carries a ridiculous crime scene kit on wheels, and can't print dust a single fingerprint. now after a few episodes he becomes a well trained CSI. too bad people still remember he tried to impress Hodges. i mean, you can't go lower than that! LOL

what i try to say is, my expectations towards this character which were set in 19 Down and One To Go by TPTB (which are btw two of the most watched episodes of this season probably) are completely different from things that followed. Grissom was, imo, a lot better handled as a character, and his transitions were smoother. there was a logic to it, whether you agreed to what he was doing or not. with Langston it's too chopped up and the changes done to him are too fast. based on the first impression of his first two episodes you think he's gonna have authority, next thing you know Nick cracks up at him and Riley reprimands him. two episodes later he is going solo.

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

In the Texan Charm thread, there was a link showing the opening video which shows at the Taylor Swift concerts. The last person the video was George. Taylor got them to answer what fearless meant to them.

Besides one other starlette, when George's face appeared the screams from the fans in the audience went through the roof! My lord.

Which says to me, there's a lot of fans of George out there. They may not be on this site and they are certainly not going to the anti-Nick site (YTADAW). I know some of my friends said after hearing BP was leaving said, "Well at least George is still on the show, if he leaves I'm out of there."

Despite what some have said on this board, I think he could carry the show. I'm certain those screaming fans feel the same. George became quite the talk on the Taylor Swift board-he was 'pretty cute for an old guy'. In spite of their young age, these kids know a good thing when they see it.

I wish TPTB and some of the folks on this board felt the same.

4. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Great words :thumbsup: Wish I could speak English nearly good enough to write about my thoughts that well. But thank god you did that for me ;)

Of course George could carry the show. Nobody can say otherwise because we never got the chance to see it. We would get even more facettes of Nick Stokes to see if George would get what he deserves.

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I think this is going a bit if not alot off topic, this isn't about how much we love Nicky, or we could call it CSI/NICK STOKES, would that make some fans estatic? It's about missing Grissom, and I don't know how many more ways fans can say this but WE MISS GRISSOM with every beat of our hearts, and am now watching CSI/NY, again a bit off topic, but the stories are amazing and seemly better then some of the deplorable episodes we've had to endure without Billy Petersen. I will add this however "Turn Turn Turn" was one of the better ones with wa-la, Nick:p

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  6. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I for one don't see much difference between this thread and the Now that WP, GD, and JF are gone... thread. Is there anyway we could expand this thread to include all three characters? Maybe. But anyways, I do agree with the decrease in ratings. It was a little bit more sudden then I thought. However, I think that the ratings decreased over a season, not over a few episodes.

7. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I can merge the two threads, the title can remain and as is in that one and you will just see the change as you go down the posts. - If there is no objections I can do the merging.

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

sounds good to me

9. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

idk, i like it better when the threads aren't merged. but i don't care that much really. ;)

10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I think it would be better if the two threads weren't merged. They are two entirely different topics--at least to me.

11. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

I'd like that :)

12. gilsgal

gilsgal Lab Technician

To me there is a big difference between both threads. In this one I don't feel like I have to add something about Jorja or Gary leaving...I can solely talk about Billy/Grissom and the impact his leaving has had on me.
    I would prefer for the threads to remain separate.
    Thanks

13. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Alright a decision has been made, I am not going to merge the two threads, if you want to discuss the reason for this thread it can be done here, if you want to talk about WP/GG overall he has a thread for that, and if you want to discuss JF, GD, or WP there is a thread for that.

All we ask is that you don't copy and paste the samething in each thread because it is something you think should be said and read, people will read it in one of the three threads.

Thank you for the inputs and have a good day. ;)

14. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I don't see much of a difference. I just don't want to get chewed out when I put something in the wrong thread. I'm fine with the decision though. Thanks for listening to our inputs :).

15. m1304m

m1304m Dead on Arrival

I came across this articel in the EW.com.

http://watching-tv.ew.com/2009/04/csi-laurence-fi.html?xid=rss-tv-'CSI':+Still+missin'+Grissom?

It aptly conveys my sentiments :thumbsup: !!

This is my answer to his questions:

a) Could not have expressed my opinion any better

a) As far as i am concerend CSI is no longer CSI without Grissiom

a) NOT IN THIS LIFE :guffaw:!!