Grade 'Greater Good'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 6, 2009.

?

How would you grade Greater Good?

1. A+

22 vote(s)
    27.2%
  2. A

18 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. A-

9 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. B+

10 vote(s)
    12.3%
  5. B

6 vote(s)
    7.4%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  7. C+

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  8. C

7 vote(s)
    8.6%
  9. C-

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  12. D-

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  13. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

In Canada it is on an early feed from Calgary at 7.

2. CSINYAddict

CSINYAddict Rookie

It was an OK episode for me, I gave it a B -. I just was not satisfied completely and I was quite bored at times. Adam was so cute when he found out he had to drive Lindsay to the episode. Lindsay was definately a bit too rude towards Adam. I was glad they didn't make it extremely corny and name her Claire because I was hearing rumours they were going to do that. The whole team and their great bond is what was great to watch at the end, with the cute remarks about changing diapers and all.

3. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

oh come on! You just find out your water has broken and you are in labour for the first time, you'd be bitchy too! Shes scared. I think they did it well.

4. Half

Half CSI Level Two

~Lindsay actually sounds genuinely concerned. I'm impressed. For now. Except I was slightly annoyed by "I don't have time to deal with you right now".
    ~Adam, you are awesome. And they jaw-drop reaction was great.
    ~The mom crying and hugging Stella was a good moment. Texting while driving? Was that technically illegal a year and a half ago? I thought that was more recent...
    ~Hold on, are you using sirens to get to your pregnant wife, Danny? That's not in the rulebook! Side Note: How far away is that hospital? He gets out of the car, and then he's, like... running over a bridge? What?
    ~Oh yeah, I can totally see Mac as That Kid With The Extra Credit.
    ~It's like kidnapping cop-style! ...Wait...
    ~Hold on, when is this car-processing scene? It has to be before Lindsay went to the hospital, because Adam's there and Danny's clearly not freaking out. *pause*
    ~I can't even try to twist my wrist in that manner. It's, like, impossible. Or at the very least hurts a lot. (Yes, I did try it.)
    ~Up, single father. One of the kids did it. (*smirk*)
    ~Stella, not helping. But hilarious.
    ~"Maybe some people aren't cut out to be parents"? We probably should've thought of that much sooner, shouldn't we've?
    ~Adam's reaction to "she's huge" made me laugh.
    ~Adam being the friendly support is also hilarious.
    ~Hold up, is that the woman that said she was a doctor and could help?
    ~How freaking convenient that Lindsay happens to go to the same hospital the daughter works at.
    ~The mother makes a very good point.
    ~Justice!Anger!Stella! is awesome.
    ~Flack? Why are you letting the other cops clear the scene for you?
    ~The office betting is made of win.
    ~I have the feeling that Mac just switched the mom's vendetta. It's his own fault for giving her the name of the suspected killer.
    ~I don't care if she hired a hitman. I love the mother.
    ~Aw. I love Mac when he isn't screaming at suspects.
    ~Flack, your glee at Lindsay's pain? Is great.
    ~Did Maris's bike placard say that she was 17? Even though it was stated that she was 16?
    ~AH! BIRTH SCENE! MUTE! MUTE! MUTE!
    ~What?
    ~The team-is-family aspect was actually quite good in this episode.

GRADE: A. If only because I expected this to be a D/L episode and it really wasn't. Plus, I managed to feel sympathetic for pretty much all of the suspects. (Ignore the hitman)

Stella kicking someone's ass is always awesome.

AHHHHHHHHH!!!! FINALE!!!!!!

"WHERE'S THE AMBULANCE?!"

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

The problem is that this is just one more instance in a history of Lindsay being a bitch to Adam. Also, the delivery of the line came off as plain mean and not freaked out because she's in labor, IMO. I assume it was supposed to be funny and she was supposed to be freaked out, but Anna doesn't have enough depth or warmth in her acting to pull that off.

6. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

That'd be a fine excuse if it was the first time she'd copped such an attitude with Adam. Plus, labor or not, how about not threatening the person you're asking a pretty gigantic favor from, hmm? She's about to pop out a kid I don't think demanding someone take her was really necessary... there aren't a lot of people who'd look at a woman in labor and decide NOT to help her get to the hospital.

Further more it irks me that Mac is capable of showing lenience for Katherine by the end, but not for Nevil and his daughter. He knew Nevil was hiding something and had as much evidence that he was hiding the truth out of love and the desire to protect his kin, as any other theory he was spinning, but he wouldn't let up until he'd dragged everyone involved in this 2 yr old accident through it again. *sigh*

It was an accident. She's remorseful as is her father. She's an upstanding citizen. A doctor no less, not running around hiring hitmen. wtf makes Katherine so much more deserving of a second chance?

It also seems weird to me that in an episode involving this birth, the case is one about loss and death and the difficulty of forgiveness as well as knowing when to let something go. It definitely didn't lend to the parallel plots.

About that little CBS.com leak: I feel like when the ratings come back for these last 3 eps this season and they take a huge hit, they're going to be able to chalk it up to this early leak and the switcheroo they're pulling with the time slot of the finale.

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Not doing the 'type as I watch' thing this week. More like 'sentences added to relevant paragraphs as I watch', more or less.

I saw the first scene online earlier - hired assassin, dun dun duuuuun. However, the guy was kind of...it's like they went, 'what does a hired assassin look like?' and hired the closest they could get. All we were missing was theme music whenever he came on screen. But I'm supposed to believe a guy would come into the NYPD and basically admit that he's a hitman?

The stuff with Lindsay and Adam was kind of stupid. For one, she was a bitch - yes, she's in labor, and I might give her a pass if it wasn't her default state. But the attitude wasn't necessary, and Adam isn't a moron - she was talking to him like he couldn't comprehend her before he even had anything to react to. I also rolled my eyes at the way they paused on her beatific smile several times. :rolleyes:

The scene with Danny and Sheldon annoyed me for some reason - it was too long, and we didn't need to hear Danny tell Sheldon where to go multiple times. (Also, I don't think you can use cellphones in the hospital - so why did Danny think she could answer him?) Then him running down the hall was corny. It's all just so...cliche. (I was going to say 'corny' again, but I'd already said it.)

Why can't you be one of those women who sneezes and pops out the kid, Lindsay? Because then we'd be spared an episode full of labor drama, that's why - and I'm just not that lucky.

I did enjoy Danny's scene with Adam, and I'm a slash whore so of course I liked the scene with Adam and Sheldon. Naturally, Adam would bet on how long Lindsay is in labor. Dork. Sheldon probably isn't the best person to admit that to, darling. Sheldon, you should punish him. I vote that you spank him. Spank him like he's a naughty, naughty boy. :devil:

*cough* Sorry, I got a bit carried away there. Going off on a slashy tangent in my mind is more interesting than watching this episode, unfortunately.

It's a shame that they only had Flack reference the fact that his best friend (or so we thought) was having a kid in the last 10-15 minutes. :rolleyes: Of course, Danny and Lindsay didn't even have a scene together aside from the 'look' in the hallway until the very end. Not that I care, but there you go. And as for the end itself - we really didn't need to see her giving birth. :rolleyes: *eyes fall out of head - retrieves eyes and sticks them back in* The final scene with the whole team was pretty cliche. And of course Mac is the godfather. Don't ask Flack to change diapers, Danno, he ain't gonna do it without the title.

It was a pretty interesting case that wasn't executed well. Too bad they couldn't investigate it in the present without having the Baby Drama looming over it to distract from what I'm sure would be an even more interesting case in a different episode. The back and forth with the flashbacks didn't help. (I did notice that Mac was standing with the girl's mom in the same place he stood with Danny while Sid processed Ruben's body last season.) Charles S Dutton and Mare Winningham did an excellent job with their parts - I wish I could have appreciated them more.

Overall, this episode was kind of boring. BTW, Mac is mentioning Claire a lot in the latter half of this season.

I wonder if this is setting up for Mac to have a Bonding moment with Flack after Angell dies? If so, the references are a bit heavy-handed, but I guess we'll see.

Speaking of the finale...

I wonder if that indicates that the entire team is in the diner when the shooting takes place - or if perhaps the episode ends with them all in the restaurant/wherever and the shooting with them all there is the cliffhanger. (Like maybe they mixed the scenes so it looked like everybody was there when the person gets shot in the first 10 minutes when in reality it's two different scenes.) Although I gotta say, Flack carrying the person made it obvious that it's one of the wimminz. I think it could only have been Angell or Stella because I doubt Flack would carry Lindsay wif her Hubbeh there.

Whatever, I guess we'll see next week. I have no idea what will actually happen, so that's all just speculation.

Last edited: May 7, 2009
  8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I gave it a C-. Why? Because the storyline annoyed me. It felt to me like they took a previous Vegas storyline and just twisted it to make it end differently. In the Vegas ep, a boy hit a little girl on a bike and his grandpa took the fall for him, but Warrick found out that the boy was the one driving because of the radio being up loud and on rap music or something. The grandpa asked if he could take the fall for his grandson so his grandson could continue to school and get a good education, job, etc. But they told him it didn't work that way. So, the boy ended up in jail. I feel like the NY writers took that storyline and twisted it to where the father went to jail to protect the kid. It was just too similiar to the Vegas storyline for my tastes. Miami's been stealing Vegas' old scripts for a while and twisting them... but this is the first time I recall NY doing it. Can't they get completely new ideas for crying out loud?

Second thing that annoyed me- they still didn't tell us the baby's name! I thought for sure after hearing Mac mention Claire that they were gonna name her Claire. But they still can't agree on a name.

I chuckled at Flack on the phone with Danny saying "is that Lindsay screaming in the background?" and then him chuckling. Amusing. Flack calling Danny "daddy" and then "bud" was cute.

Adam's gasp when Lindsay said her water broke was too funny. And him being the calm one with Danny. Loved his reaction to Danny saying Lindsay was huge. :lol:

Lindsay's rant was kind of amusing. Still think the writers were poking fun at how some people feel this storyline is soapy. :lol: All that stuff Lindsay was spouting off really sounds like stuff that would have and probably did happen on Dallas, Knots Landing, etc. :lol:

Oh and Adam making bets on the baby thing. :sigh: Why did they feel the need to do that? Nick and Warrick used to bet on everything on Vegas. That made me miss Nick and Warrick's friendship all over again. :lol: I did like the look Sheldon gave Adam it made me chuckle.

Lucy or Lydia. I suggested Lucy a while back to sorta be after Louie (Danny's brother), so I'm more partial to that than Lydia. Lydia is a little too close to Lindsay. Every letter in Lydia is in Lindsay's name. :lol:

9. NypdFlackie

NypdFlackie Hit and Run

Tonights episode was pretty good. It seemed like it dragged a little bit, but everything fell into place pretty well. Though if I had a daughter, I would've done what Neville did, can't blame the guy. Mac as always shows more than dedication to his job, I mean working on his days off, thats true work at heart.

Lindsay in labor, well we all knew thus day would come. She made me laugh when she was paranoid about how her daughter would act in the future, but Stella was a good listener as always.

Adam was hilarious when he mentioned the dialation to Hawkes and than the baby pool, 600 dollars baby! LOL

Since when did Flack and Danny stop being not so close, anyone else noticing this? Seems as if they aren't as close this season. It was good to see their phone convo towards the end, Flack was really happy for Danny.

And of course, baby Messer was so beautiful. Did anyone catch her name? Lydia or Lucy? I personally don't like either one. And Mac as a God father, that was an excellent choice, go Mac!

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I think they're still close--that phone call was beyond cute. I love the way Flack calls Danny "Danno." And as others have said, good point about the laughter in Flack's voice when asking if that was Lindsay screaming in the background. Oh Flack, not a Lindsay fan. :lol: Between this and his comment about how Danny should piss Lindsay off more often (from "Personal Foul"), his little digs really crack me up. :lol: One should use caution when trying to get between Flack and his Danno. ;)

I don't think they made a decision--it was left open-ended. Did it crack anyone else up that the baby looks like Danny and not Lindsay? :lol:

11. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I'll admit it, the only reason I watched was because I wanted to see the promo for next week. :lol:

~I knew one of the kids did it like 5 minutes into it
    ~Mac doesn't take a day off, everyone is confused, I was too :lol:
    ~Flack! I love you and your comebacks. Contract Killer on your business cards:guffaw:
    ~Danny played the nervous first time dad very well
    ~Hawkes and Danny...fist bump :thumbsup:
    ~Adam and the baby pool? Did he win?
    ~Stella holding the baby...my heart is content
    ~Mac holding the baby...again, content
    ~I wonder if Flack held the baby...that would be so adorable
    ~Is it just me or did someone want Lindsay to blame Danny for doing this to her...I guess I've been watching too much TV

Next week is going to be the end of me...I don't think I can handle two nights in a row :lol:

12. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

Heh, yah that made me snort. I mean they really are making every bit of this about the father aren't they? Maybe that's why Lindsay is in such a foul mood all the time. :lol:

13. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

WTF? I didn't get to see the promo!!! I hate my local news they always cut off the promos. *whines like a 5 year old some more* I want to see the promo and Flack
    carrying Angell!!!

14. Ticamo77

Ticamo77 Hit and Run

Okay… I’m woman enough to say that even though I can’t stand that Lindsay keeps saying things that may be deemed as insults to Adam, I’m going to say that I didn’t find her “I don’t have time for you” line to be 'bitchy'. No matter how cute I think Adam is, I imagine he'd be a ball of nerves and annoy me with his nervous babbling. But, that's just me, I guess.

This is why texting + driving should be illegal. :angryrazz: Opps!

Didn’t anyone ever tell Danny that cell phones aren’t permitted in hospitals and that’s why she didn’t return his calls? Guess not… Or Mac either. Wait! Since Hawkes is a doctor, wouldn’t he have some idea as to where a hospital is? :confused:

Love to seat belt theory… Shadows of Season One’s “Hush”… God, I miss Aiden.

Congratulations!! It’s a TWO MONTH OLD!!. :guffaw: Cute kid though.

It was an okay episode. After last week, it would have been foolish of me to ask if they could pool together and come up with an episode close to being that impressionable. Didn’t interest me a whole lot to take away anything other than the fact that Dr. Neville had on bad ass weave. There’s a horse in Central Park that can’t swat flies away on account of his tail missing. :lol:

Wait! So, the moral of this episode is that grieving mothers and doctors can get away with manslaughter and/or conspiracy to commit murder because it was the investigating officer’s off day? Wow!

Count me in with the C club. Not great, not really interesting and now we get a baby-- lovely.

Well… I’m off to read/write in the “Why Lindsay Must Go” thread…. I know it's going to be getting some action in the next hours/days. ;)

15. eyewitness

eyewitness Rookie

I rated it "A-".

Is it just me or did it feel like a Cold Case episode? Emotion, drama, flashbacks...

Mac and all his righteousness were once more the starting point of the story, but I was glad as the plot evolved and Mac's emotion and good sense overcame his self-righteousness.

The plot involved common people and not any mega-mogul or supermodel or super-rich people, as usual, and I appreciate that! :thumbsup:

The only thing I disliked was the baby part. The final scene was OK, but we so didn't need a child birth scene. Also that part with Stella talking to Lindsay was so unecessary. But apart from that, it was a great epi.