7x23 - Collateral Damage - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, May 2, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I thought he said last year, but maybe he did say month. Hmm... that's weird. :lol: Ryan used to be a cop, so I would think he'd know about tasers... but may not necessarily know that you could use them to lift an impression of a license plate.

2. mjszud

mjszud Captain

He said 'last year'. That's what my ears heard anyway. :p

I thought the tazer thing was cool, but I immediatly rolled my eyes when they first showed Eric seeing the indention & then Ryan stepping back & they reenacted the car slamming into it -- I saw this exact same thing on an episode of NY just the other day (it was a repeat, the one with Clay Dobsin) so it annoyed me. Not to mention that in the very same NY episode they had someone poisoned & they thought it was from a Russian Mobster, which....
    is happening with Ivan in the finale. :rolleyes:

I hate stolen scripts. :shifty:

3. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Eric was using the Tazer so they could use the electrical charge to lift the impression. Poor Ryan dropped their electrical conductor thing. Hah. He musta still been frazzled after the explosion. Though it was fun hearing him go "damn it!" :lol:

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  4. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

It wasn't just you, she did have on a red shirt underneath her jacket. I am glad she did, I am tired of seeing her in black all the time. You know I never noticed that, her and H do tend to wear dark colors a lot compared to Ryan and Eric who wear bright colors.

5. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Even though Ryan's comment to her about "I need for you to kick it, I don't think I can sweep it under the rug next time" is pretty confusing, I agree with you Wasabi Power, I don't think he knew about it beforehand. I think the reason for Ryan's concern was that he saw himself how he used to be in Tara.

In other words, it takes an addict to know an addict.

At the height of his gambling, Ryan exhibited the same behavior Tara is now; the lying, denying and secrecy. He also found out the hard way what happens when one doesn't deal with one's addiction, and being a caring person, he wants to help Tara avoid that. I guess that is why sponsors in the support groups are so valuable; they've "been there done that" and they can recognize the same behavior they once exhibited. Ryan's look at the end of the scene was not only one of disapportment that he didn't get through to her but also one of sad recognition; if she doesn't get her head out of her keister, she could suffer the same fate he did or worse. At this point, he doesn't know that she is probably stealing to feed her habit. When this is discovered, she will pay a heavier price than Ryan ever will: she could not only lose her job but her career (I am sure the state medical board would pull her license).

Just a thought or two.

Does anyone know how he finds out she is stealing?

6. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

I thought before this episode that Ryan would be the one to turn in Tara and her drug problem. Now, after what he said to her...I don't think it will be him (unless he catches her again). I think it will be Kyle that says something. Maybe he will let it slip to Horatio and Horatio will say something to Stetler. I think that Ryan feels for her because he knows how addiction can be. I sort of felt for her when I saw her scrambling for the drugs. That was so sad. It shows just how addicted she is. I wonder if this will be it for her.

7. ecrls2491

ecrls2491 Victim

True I understand. Thats just me being around couple who eat each other faces off lol. I get what you mean :).

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2009
  8. belluvsmiami

belluvsmiami Prime Suspect

Hi, well im not much for commenting more of a lurker but this episode i actually did like.
    I found it to be amusing even though im guessing that wasnt the intention but still....

Eric and calleighs little look just sweet is all ill say on that but loved the action for frank.
    Im always hoping frank gets more stuff and laughed when the guy told him to move back because he was making him nervous.... and frank does seem to have a bad temper.

And cameron west god frank needs to walk over and give him a good slap in the head too, i agree the boy needs to show some respect although he does hold his own against any of them who brings him in even when eric is right in his face.

The license plate impression too i was surprised too at the way they had eric lift it although i immediately remembered the from season 6 episode 17? to kill a predator when the daughter hit her padeophile father and the plate had left an impression on his briefcase and horatio had made a mould of the impression in order to figure out what car it was, same thing basically just different way to collect.

Overall i really like it lots of ticks for ryan, tick for eric, tick for frank calleigh and horatio tick tick just great!

9. electra

electra Pathologist

I found the episode boring.Given the preview ,I was expecting a much better episode.The plot was weak,IMO.The only interesting part was when Cameron appeared.

I also liked Eric and Ryan interacting.Maybe becouse I am liking how Ryan is looking recently and he and Eric are definely worth watching.

And I was awww at the E/C moment.:)

I guess it tales an addict to recognize one,becouse Ryan immediately picked on what Tara was doing.But of course,He is now the one that gives advice ,which is just what she needs.I like how he has grown up.

10. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Thanks for understanding. :) Sometimes it's hard to express opinions w/o being jumped on for disliking the relationship.

11. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I thought I was the only one that thought it was boring! Well, not bad but, just a little boring, because I had to shake myself out of daydreaming while watching it and it rarely happens.

Two most fav parts:

The EC stare at the beginning, of course aww

and in the morgue when Kyle was freaking out and Ryan's hands were over his face calming him down. double awwwww

oh and Horatio's interaction with the little children especially the end, triple awww.

Really good parts:
    When Eric said 'Are you kidding? Get your feet of o my table!' I loved that, Cameron was sooooo OMG cocky it wasn't funny! That's why the use of flashforward in that scene was AWESOME. I was like it serves him right when the guy flicked into the water!

I missed Calleigh in this one, it seemed like she wasn't even there!:(

12. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

well lots of like/dislikes for this episode-loved that Horatio is connecting again w/crime victims/innocent people..loved Frank getting ticked off enough to rough handle someone-wondering if he'll snap since he's been shot at enough and he's mad now. Liked how Horatio believed in the single mother and how he related to the kids.. I did not like how all his shaken son got was a comment from him and nothing was shown of fatherly concern or gratitude for hero Ryan saving the boy...they could have shaved off 1 minute of him w/stranger's kids and given a minute of him holding Kyle's shoulders and asking him 'son, are you alright?' gee, poor kid's life just flashed in front of him and at his age that probably didn't last for very long at all...loved all the moments with the various people and how stunned they were after that blast-good intro...

13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I forgot to mention that part :lol:. That was really funny :lol:.

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I missed Eric saying that. I think I was paying too much attention to Ryan, wondering how he was gonna react... if he would have a flashback of his torture and all of that. :lol: Gonna have to watch ep again. :D

15. luvcsimiami

luvcsimiami Hit and Run

Hi Guys,

I think Ryan's comments may have been a reference back to Divorce Party. Remember when Tara got smacked with the gazebo crashing down? Ryan is the one that comes back to tell Calleigh that Tara will be okay even though the crash aggravated an old shoulder injury. I'm guessing we're supposed to infer from those comments that Tara told Ryan about it and that they had given her meds for the pain.

My thought is that they were expecting us to make the connection between that injury and then the pain meds now so that Ryan figured out that if she's still taking meds at this late date then she must be hooked.

Just my opinion but that's what I thought when Ryan said it, so it didn't seem so confusing to me when I remembered that episode. However, as you stated, Wasabi Power, it could be as simple as it takes an addict to know one.