Guest Actor Perspective: Deborah Fujiwara

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Feb 28, 2006.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

Longtime CSI fan <font color=yellow>Deborah Fujiwara</font> never imagined she'd get to witness the filming of an episode of CSI: New York, let alone that she'd be chowing down on bugs at the L.A. set of the show with the cameras rolling.[​IMG]

But when Fujiwara spied an announcement in a CSI Files news bullet about a casting call for extras willing to eat exotic cuisine in an upcoming episode of the show, "Fair Game," Fujiwara found the opportunity too good to pass up. " "I followed the link on CSI Files to the Deep End Dining site more out of curiosity than anything else," Fujiwara revealed to CSI Files. "Once I read the Deep End Dining site I was kind of surprised to see I met all of the requirements they were looking for and I went, 'What the hell? I'd eat bugs to get a behind-the-scenes peek at my favorite show.'"

Fujiwara took the plunge, sending a picture, her vital stats and a statement assuring she was up for sampling the exotic cuisine the episode would require to Deep End Dining site blogger <font color=yellow>Eddie Lin</font>, who also served as the technical advisor for the episode. " He responded right away and said I sounded perfect but that he didn't have the final authority on who got selected. He was just gathering people to forward onto someone at CSI: New York," Fujiwara said. "Three weeks went by and I didn't hear anything so I didn't think I was selected until he e-mailed me back a week before the shoot and asked if I wanted to do it. And I was like, 'Yes! Definitely.' There wasn't really a whole lot of notice, but it wasn't a problem."

Fujiwara and the other extras in the scene had to be on set at 4:30pm on the day of the shoot. The scene called for Fujiwara and her fellow extras to don formal wear for a fancy dinner at the Waldorf--a dinner which consisted of the aforementioned exotic cuisine. Before even filming the scene, there was three hours of prep work for the extras. "Wardrobe, hair and make-up took probably about three hours," she said of the preparation. "I was amazed. Someone from the CSI: New York wardrobe department contacted me the week before the shoot and got all of my measurements--my dress size and my shoe size. Someone from the show went out and got all of the outfits for everyone."

<HR ALIGN="CENTER" SIZE="1" WIDTH="45%" COLOR="#007BB5">

To read the full interviews, please click here.<center></center>

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Go Deborah! It's always great to see another fellow fan on the show. :D

3. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Woot yay Deborah. I enjoyed reading your insight on your experience so much. Tomorrow is the big day! Congrats!

4. ThumpyG

ThumpyG Coroner

Yay, MrsG !!!! That was a great article. and tomorrow is the big night! I am so excited to see the show and you!!! :)

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

That is one awesome dress! I can't wait to see our girl Mrs.G chowing down on bugs tonight! :D

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

One word: Yummy. :p

7. Top41

Didn't she look great? :D I spotted her twice I think. :D

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I think I spotted her hugging Danny. :p

9. Top41

She's the one who grabbed his ass. ;) :lol:

10. DoreenCSI

DoreenCSI Captain

Yay! Way to go, MrsG!

:lol:

11. csi007

csi007 Police Officer

Dude, that's so wrong. It's like an artist never taking the time to step back and enjoy the work that he's done. So tragic. :(

And coz he's really, really HOT!!!!!!!! :lol: