CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion--Drama in Alphabet City!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. miamor44

miamor44 Civilian

why does everyone have to be so negative about the danny and lindsay love and that they are having a baby? I mean so what? if thats what the writers and producers wanted to do then all of this complaining and being kinda rude about Anna is pointless, I mean the writers haven't gone out of their way to bring up Lindsay when she was gone. I'm pretty sure that episodes 5x20 and 5x21 didn't have any mention of her, and Danny still have good stories that aren't ALL tied to the baby. But D/L are married and having a baby so they are going to be pretty tied together for awhile, probably for the rest of the show which isn't a bad thing. If you don't like D/L thats fine, but i don't see the need to be so angry about stuff you can't control and there is no need to be mean about Anna as an actress. and i understand each person is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't think there is a need to be rude.

Anyway, i am super excited for next week's episode! Adam's face was adorable!

2. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I'm not going to get too far into this debate, so I'll focus more on the current storyline only, miamor44:
    I'm not being rude about Anna. I've said nothing about her, so I'm not going to talk about her in this. My complaining about D/L is more to the fact that TPTB have made such a big deal about it.
    Okay, that's not entirely fair. I guess my miserable attitude towards D/L mostly comes from Ausiello and his obsession with only answering D/L questions.

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Why do people have to keep trying to tell people who don't love everything about DL and their spawn and Anna Belknap's acting how they should behave? If someone else wants to express an opinion that differs from yours, so what? There's no need to be rude to people who don't agree with you. ;)

4. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Don't think these have been posted yet. Press Releases for both "Grounds for Deception" and "Pay Up".

It's interesting seeing Nelly back.

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Huh. I didn't think we'd be seeing Nelly again since he was supposed to appear in an earlier episode and the character was replaced by someone else. Not that I'm disappointed, though - I liked the character and his interaction with Flack. I'll be interested to see how he ties into the storyline.

6. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Oh, Nelly is making another appearance.

Although I did notice that Danny & Lindsay don't have a prefix even though they are detectives.

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Not the best way to start out here. Expressing a negative opinion about a storyline or an actor's abilities is not rude. People are free to express both positive and negative opinions about the show here. If that's not to your taste, this isn't the place for you. Just as you're free to love the D/L storyline and Anna's acting, others are free to disagree. Please keep that in mind if you continue posting here.
    Back on topic, interesting that Nelly is back! I wonder if he'll tie into the cliffhanger somehow. He's been working almost exclusively with Danny and Flack...wasn't Flack the one who cut the deal with him? It will be interesting to see how he plays into this finale.

8. Faylinn

Yep, it was Flack - if spoilers pan out that it's Angell that dies (which is what I still believe at this point), I'll be interested to see how Flack interacts with Terrence. Assuming he's the one that interacts with him, of course - I can see Flack wanting to use Terrence as a resource to find whoever killed Angell, so that would be an interesting angle. (Not that this is based on anything, I'm just speculating. :))

It's always been kind of touch and go with who is or isn't labeled/referred to as a detective on this show. :rolleyes:

[random] I wonder how they'd label it if Sheldon was a detective - Detective Dr Sheldon Hawkes? :lol: [/random]

9. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Nelly's returning at Terrance? Didn't they have someone else playing Terrance in an earlier ep? Oh brother recasting and then bringing back the original person. Yep, this show has turned into a soap opera in more ways than one. :lol: Personally, I liked Terrance #2 better, but that's just me. :)

10. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

nelly's back? awesome. i love him interacting with flack and danny. haha.

anyways, where's angell's dad? i mean, he does have a significant role right? with flack giving the badge and all that.

11. Faylinn

Cliff Angell, he's second from the bottom. They changed his first name (I think it was originally Vincent), but he's still there.

About Terrence - the spoilers indicated that they were recasting for the character, but when the episode aired, the guy had a different name. I'll have to look to see what it was.

ETA: It was in "She's Not There" - they went to talk to the guy, Willie Burton. I think he had a club and whatnot - it was a very Terrence-esque character, but it wasn't actually him.

12. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

oh, i missed his name. *facepalm* sorry 'bout that. lol.

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Interesting--I wonder if that will play into the cliffhanger then. Like maybe Flack goes to Terrence to get help or intel on the people to get revenge of some sort? Maybe Danny will finally be there for Flack and end up getting involved and/or hurt...would figure that the first time Danny goes out of his way to be there for Flack, he'd get hurt. :lol: And man, the guilt Flack would feel.... :lol: Not sure if I see Flack going outside the bounds, but maybe? Or maybe Terrence is just part of the course of the regular investigation. I guess we'll see!

14. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

So only two scenes in Prey of Angell and NOTHING til' the finale, where she (most likely) gets killed?! TPTB c'mon:shifty:! At least put her on for a few scenes in Grounds for Deception its not like that will be the last Mac and Stella episode.

ETA: I like the name Vincent better than Cliff for Angell's dad's name. Just sounds like a tougher cop name, don't mess with Vincent Angell or something....

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  15. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

saw this on the wikipedia page for "pay up". i know it's not the most reliable source out there, and i don't even think it's true lol. but still, sorta interesting.

The Entire Cast and Crew of CSI: NY do not know who will be killed off. With Alternate endings being filmed for the deaths of Hill Harper, Eddie Cahill, AJ Buckley, Carmine Giovinazzo, Emmanualle Vaugier and Gary Sinise. With the only actors not facing the axe being Melina Kanakaredes, Anna Belknap and Robert Joy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.