Stella/Melina #6: Rambo Stella. Bring it on!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by nattybatty55, Aug 11, 2008.

?

Stella/Melina #5: ??!?!?!?!?

Poll closed Aug 14, 2008.
  1. Rambo Stella, Bring it On!

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  2. Rambo Stella...Don't mess with me!

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Rambo Stella, Watch out guys!

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. 'Cause we all love Rambo Stella

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  5. Can you reach the Stellarina Grade?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Stellarinas?!You know where to find us....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Could you be a Stellarina..?

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hey, Stellarinas, how´s things? :)

Thanks Ghawazee for the pics and links :); Melina´s always great and entertaining in interviews. There´s one old interview I watched not long ago, but I´ve lost the link. She was still playing in "Providence" then, and this was a talkshow at Comedy Central, and the guy was so funny and he made her laugh so much, especially his questions about synchrone swimming. Do you guys know which interview I mean?

DearGhawazee:
    Well, he can be a bad boy :lol:, and he´ll better do a great job, otherwise he will face the rage of crazy fan ladies. :lol:

I´m positive, too, that it will be great. It will be an emotional rollercoaster for Stella: in ep. 24 she will experience maybe some of her happiest moments in her life, and then in ep 25 she will be shattered by the occuring events. I think Mac will be too involved in this case to keep Stella in line, that´s why I think she might do something that could make her the one getting in danger, though I still rather think, it will be Mac, which won´t make her feel any better, she´ll go nuts ;)
    Hm, maybe, when Stella arrives in Greece it might bring her back some long hidden, subconscious memories that the "10 years old Stella" will represent. Though I doubt, Stella was ever in Greece as a child when her parents had died so early.

Well, even the chronic loner Stella sometimes needs someone and feels lonely sometimes, but though she seemed quite happy with Frankie in the beginning, I never thought he was the love of her life and this could end in the wedding chapel :lol:.

I agree, I´d love to know, too, if Melina speaks other languages apart from English and Greek, somehow I imagine she is pretty multi-lingual. Stella spoke some words in Italian, which suggests, she learnt her father´s language, but that doesn´t have to mean, Melina speaks this language, too.
    I´m sure, finding out something about her Mum will encourage Stella to find something about her father, too. And maybe not all things she finds out will be nice, maybe she will discover some dark family secrets. Anyway, there´s a lot of potential for many emotional Stella-stories :). Whoever she will have a relationship with, I think she would nevertheless continue to discover her family history.
    Yeah, sparkles fly when these two strong characters collide and argue, very refreshing :lol:, and Melina and Gary as great friends and collegues enjoy playing these scenes.
    Well, OK, she can be a bad girl, but never too bad for Mac´s taste :lol:, but still I´m not sure with the obeying thing; if she is convinced of something, she defends her opinion and will never give in. She´s really very stubborn sometimes.
    Oh yes, Stella singing in the lab, that would be quite something :lol:, and why not? They could show this as a hobby of Stella. I like Melina´s voice a lot, too, she´s a great multi-talent :). I´m sure they´ll continue to show the many different aspects of Stella´s character, which gives Melina plenty of opportunities to show her talents.

CSINYaddict: I agree, they should show more aspects of Stella´s Italian side, she seems to be fonder of her Greek side (hm, suppose, Melina sometimes gets too much say in such things :lol:). But as I said above, I´m pretty sure, sooner or later she will look for her Bonasera-side and her father´s story, too.

Love and hugs :)

2. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

"Yahrzeit" was a painful yet beautifully written out and intense episode.

Unfortunately, Stella had limited showtime on it and was for the most part, pushed into the background. I would've liked to have seen how Stella would've dealt with Mac after his interrogation of former Hitler Youth, Klaus Braun.

As for next weeks preview, I can't wait to see it and to wonder what goes through Mac's mind when he sees Stella holding the newborn baby. :devil:

(Oh dear, hear comes the deep gutter ravine)

3. pretty_in_pink

pretty_in_pink Lab Technician

That would be The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. <333 I love that interview, because it's Jon Stewart, who is hilarious (if you haven't seen anything else he's done, you need to!). AND Melina, which, of course, = WIN.

Anyway, pointless fangirling aside, here's the link: http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=119964&title=Melina-Kanakaredes

4. jwells2472

jwells2472 Witness

Great episode last night, but not enough Stella :(. I personally would of replaced Danny whacking the skinhead on the pavement with....

Stella whacking the skinhead on the pavement!:)

I love Melina because she's a great actress and so very pretty (loved her on Providence too). But I really love Rambo Stella :evil:

5. Catu

Catu Police Officer

Great episode, but lack of Stella!
    I wish she had had some important scene, I mean she could have shout to Elgers as well!!

6. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Oh Gezzz Gals!

I had written the longest post i could ever created when this darn system erased it last night. I will try to recover all my answers

Jwells!!! Welcome to the Stellarina Palace. Post as much you can and have fun!!!!!!!
    LOL I love when she kicks butts. I guess we will have to wait if she throws her badget to someone's heads. Elgers was an a$$. A complete waste as human being (if he was one. I have doubts). And he was worse with Sheldon "·$%&@#"·$%&!!! but Danny showing his old behaviour...impulsive..erractic...childish...COOL! I missed him :D

Kay, sweetie
    Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have already told you but one more time won't kill you:thumbsup:
    Yes, i would like all people droll over Melina and Stella. Actually i would force them to accept a "Condition of Agreement" where all new members are comprimised to be loyal to Stella:lol: but more than anything i would like they could understand and appreciate for what she really is. I 'd only ask that
    in another thread two words touched me: motherly and fatherly. One referred to Stella and the other to Mac. If someone deserves to be a mother that is Stella. She more than anyone else deserves to know the joy of becoming a mother because she has lost so much in life! It would have been like a concretized utopia for her to become in mother. She, the poor orphan, who survived her own lonileness could defeat her own fate and have the family it was denied to her. I don't loose my faith yet:shifty:

Catu-->
    de nada!(en la noche del 13 te espero en el Smacked Thread eh!) I ask the same than her father. "Honey, but when are you going to sing?":lol:
    Yes, she could. Considering how upset she was with the case (it was evident in that scene with Mac) it would have been good to have her more. There was too much testorone in this episode. But she will have her own episode so that emptiness will be filled :D

Pleni, my dear--->te extraño! Ya no puedo conectarme en las tardes. No al menos hasta que este mes termine (y con la cuenta telefónica tan horrible como siempre:shifty: pero al menos antes tenia tus PM sniff!
    I think i have discovered my new motto in life "Fearless??? Noooooo" I admire people like this because i have a tendency to be a chicken :lol: so i am really happy she took all those risks because now we have her here!

dear Andromeda--->,
    I watched last night episode and definitely he has done a great job :D !It was like a precious jewell on tv. I wish he could write a Stella episode in that same tone it was written Yarhzeit. I don't know why but he seems to put his male POV on his characters and even he shines writing male characters. But i do think he should connect to his "female" side (as any human being we have both) and try to write Stella (It's complicated to explain it and even more to understand it i guess!). I mean, writing great episodes ( I Loved Snow Day or Forbidden Fruit for example .In FF Stella was completely rebellious and in Snow Day we had Rambo Stella:drool:) but i would like he could write an emotional episode for Stella in the future where she shows her emotional side again(probably i am wrong and i don't have all Mr Lenkov's episodes in my mind;)). Usually those episodes are in charge of Mrs. Veasey (whose wiritng related to Stella i like LOTS)
    He is very talented and it would be interesting the other way back

Yes, finding who her real parents are will make her very happy;) But of course i hope she will have multiple sources of happiness in 5.24, not only the discovery of her real identity:drool:.
    Interesting point on the one in jeopardy. However I am convinced Flack is the one to be in danger. I am waiting for the finale because i do want to watch all range of emotions on her face. One of my fav episodes is Officer Blue and it was a very powerful episode (emotionally) in spite of we never knew the officer down.This time is different because all will be affected by the loss. And at some point i think we will have the chance to say goodbye and to get over the loss. Something we didn't have when Aiden died (and probably it's one of the reasons why we never stopped missing her)

would you say Stella is American or Greek? Because despite she was raised in NYC she could have been born in Greece. Isn't Melina's grandmother's story like that? She was forced to leave Greece??? mmm I want 5.24 NOW!:thumbsup:
    Me neither. Could you just imagine the alternative scene??"Do you Stella Bonasera, take this man to honor, cherish and obey until your bullet do you part":lol:. And i guess she would have run away in the obey part. Her face would have been priceless:wtf: :)lol:). Besides, let me tell he didn't have what it takes to be the father of her children. We are planning triplets inside the Smac Thread:lol: But hopefully we will have at least ONE Stella's baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I know that ;) but it would be great because it sounds very funny to foreign fans actors' accent:p However Melina's accent is very musical so either she speaks or not the language she won't have any problem with Stella's Italian side (something i will love as much as i love her Greek side :D )
    I don't know why (probably because she is so Greek) but i have Aristoteles Onassis's story in my mind. If there is some dark secret in her past i do hope whoever will be Stella's boyfriend will help her to cope with her past. When she is so vulnerable she will need someone to have strengh for her:adore: (sorry! my smac side is stronger nowadays;))
    i wish i could be a fly on the wall just to be whitness of one of those scenes when both "planets" crash. I wonder if they can film all at once or if they have to stop several times because of laughing. I think both of them have a great sense of humour:hugegrin:

Do not ask why i think she is my hero:thumbsup: she can feel the whole world is falling around her but she will be loyal to her opinions and her emotions. She can feel everyone is pointing her with a finger but she will never stop. It's truly enjoyable to have a character so politically uncorrect!! It's refreshing and it's a Melina's thing she gave to her Stella. That "rambo" attitude can confuse people who think she is only tough and they cannot see the vulnerability behind. I wish Stella could be known as she really is:thumbsup:

I think if she sings in the lab TPTB will be fried in CSI oil in this forum:lol:. No, i don't expect she does that in the lab. But suppodsely we were going to watch more of their personal lives. And yes, we could see a glimpse of that when we watched her playing baseball (with a nit in the background included:lol:). But music is universal meanwhile baseball is more limited. Maybe if she played football (soccer) would be different but still music is more effective because drives your emotions. And it would be a nice surprise to all those who didn't listen to Melina before (I love her singing in English but definitely i want her in Greek. Greek songs are truly emotional and romantic). Besides if she gets a boyfriend who shares her love for music would be just PERFECT!:angel:

Welcome Pics for Jwells and for celebrating Kay's birthday :D ( Kay, you will drool. It's a guarantee. And Mandy will forgive my ship-wise posts:lol:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

take care all of you

Love y'all!

Debbs :D

Ps: Pretty in pink THANK YOU and Welcome! :D

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  7. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

I hope Stella holding the baby girl makes up for the rest of that storyline. Not long ago I re-watched "On the Job" and seeing her playing with the baby was such a sweet thing. The first thing that came to my mind, though, was "whoa, she can hold a baby even if she hasn't been a mother, how's that?". But since she's played by a mother of two who loves babies, well, that explains everything.

I think Stella would have been smarter than that. That *beep* was looking for an excuse to appear victimized only because he's a neo-nazi. Poor, poor neo-nazi, evil cops don't let him hate! I'm sure Rambo Stella would have outwitted him.

Deb, I miss you too, baby! I hope that evil ISP sends you your router soon!

When and where were the two first pics you posted taken? She looks gorgeous! Her hair is straighter than usual, but she doesn't look like Céline Dion.

8. NM42

NM42 Prime Suspect

Hmmm rambo Stella :D

9. Mynerva24

Mynerva24 Witness

My fav character was mostly in the background last epi! Argh! But, i've got to admit, that the epi was amazing!!!

BTW, i saw somewhere that Stella speaks 5 language: English, Greek, Italian, Russian, and uhm, France(?). A bit interesting that she speaks Russian. I mean, how could she?

10. NM42

NM42 Prime Suspect

Wow, I always knew she was talented but that's just flat out impressive!

11. Mynerva24

Mynerva24 Witness

It's Stella, though. Melina's also talented. Maybe not language-wise, although, she speaks 2 languages already. But, she went to college and get a bachelor degree on performing art (or something like that) with magna cum laude. She was in broadway, act, sing, and dance. If you've ever listen to her singing, you'll admire her even more, cz her voice's amazing. In her talk with Bonnie Hunt in a show, she informed that she sang US national anthem in a sport game in Ohio i think. Gotta ask some senior member of Stellarina. I know they know more about this, even have links. Right? :wink:

12. NM42

NM42 Prime Suspect

I meant to say Stella. I always knew she was amazing, in every aspect. I mean, look at from where she came and ended up? In a badass unit of CSI's overlooking NY.

I could see Melina singing at the Indians game, if that's where she sang. Hmm.....gotta look it up now :D

13. Catu

Catu Police Officer

"Catu--> de nada!(en la noche del 13 te espero en el Smacked Thread eh!) I ask the same than her father. "Honey, but when are you going to sing?":lol:"

I`ll be here!!!!;)

14. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

Hiya all :)

Kay Happy Birthday and welcome from me, too :)

Thanks a lot, pretty_in_pinkfor the link :). So Jon Stewart is his name, I will check him out, because he really seems to be a funny guy and with a guest like Melina he can´t fail anyway ;). I can´t stop laughing when I watch this.

On to "Yahrzeit", I found it a very moving episode, well, being German, a subject like this is always touching for me. And yes, I´d also have preferred Stella to be the one kicking the skinhead with her high heels :lol:.
    I´d have loved more Stella-scenes, too, but I somehow expected at least one episode with less of Stella prior to ep. 24, because this always seems to be so, before "her own" episode shows. Remember "DOA for a day", where she abruptly was gone without a trace after 10 minutes, and then we were fully compensated for that with "RND". Maybe they just want to keep the balance, knowing that all fans have their favourites, so they want to do justice to every character.

Pleni, I had the same thoughts when I watched Stella holding the child in "On the Job", it´s very sweet and endearing, and I thought "Wow, that tough cookie is a natural in holding a baby", then it occured to me that Melina as a mother of two should actually be a natural :lol:.
    I agree, Stella holding the Montana-baby might be the best scene in this "Yippiie-the-baby-is-finally-here-" episode :rolleyes:.

Dear Ghawazee, hope your system is a good thing now and does what you want ;).
    I agree with you that I could imagine Stella as a wonderful mother, but I´m not sure if we will ever see this wish granted. Because now there is already a baby in the show and though I hope we won´t have to deal with stories about and around Montana-kid every damn episode, at the moment I can´t see enough space to pack in another family-thing.
    But time is playing against Stella, if she is ever supposed to have a baby, then it should be soon, because I don´t know how old Stella is in the show, but she must be definitely around Melina´s age, so Stella´s biological clock ist ticking away, if you know what I mean ;).

Maybe I´m thinking in clichés, but it could be that Mr. Lenkov as a male is not capable to get a 100%-feeling of how a woman feels and that´s why he feels rather safe when he has to write an emotional episode for one of the male characters, while Mrs. Veasey as a woman knows how a female feels in certain situations and can pin it on paper and convey it that way the actress knows what she means and how to play it. Though, as you said, we might be wrong and Mr. Lenkov might have written the one or other emotional Stella- or other female character script, as well as Mrs. Veasey perhaps wrote some emotional stuff for the male characters.
    However, with ep. 24 there´s nothing to fear concerning Stella´s (and Mac´s?) emotions, because Melina´s written the script, so be prepared for LOADS of emotions :lol:.

We will see, it could be any of the team in jeopardy, though Flack looks like the likely choice, trying to take revenge for Angell´s death. I agree, this time it looks like a "proper" goodbye for us from the person who´ll die, it will follow us right into S6 and is not to be so quickly forgotten as Aiden´s death seemed to have been, anyway for TPTB. Though the whole team was in shock and sad, all the mourning seemed over in the next episode. This time there will be more space for all kinds of emotions. All I hope is that Stella, after having had "her" episode prior to the finale, won´t be drawn to the background again like this week, I want to see all her reactions to what is happening. Especially since she and Angell have teamed up pretty well in this season and it seemed like they were going to become good friends.

Well, I´d say Stella is an American with Greek heritage and her mother was born in Greece and emigrated to the USA, just like Melina´s grandma. Yes, you´re right, Melina´s Grandma escaped from Greece from an arranged marriage, so in a way she was forced to leave. And I am absolutely convinced that Melina was inspired by her family history for the script of ep. 24 :thumbsup:

Well, "obey" is generally not a favourite word of Stella, so until this word is not deleted from the wedding ceremony, no man, not even Mac will ever manage to drag Stella to the altar :guffaw:.
    Oh, wow, triplets, you lot are pretty optimistic- so Stell, hurry up, no more time to waste :lol:.

Yes, I think even if Melina doesn´t speak Italian, she wouldn´t have any problems to adapt to the accent and pronunciation and learn the lines she has to say by heart.
    Well, I don´t know much about Onassis´story, except for the famous women he had affairs with :lol:, but I agree, in case Stella finds out something dark and shocking about her family, she should have a strong shoulder to cry on and not deal with it alone as she is used to.
    I think Melina and Gary always have a blast with shooting such scenes and I guess they have to take breaks do recover from fits of laughter :lol:.

Well, no need to ask why she´s your hero :lol:. That´s what I meant, she will always stand by her opinions, no matter what other people think of her, or which problems this will cause for her; her stubbornness is a rather positive thing. Politically uncorrect is a good expression; Stella will break rules if she feels it´s worth for the good cause. She uses her Rambo methods only as last thing, when nothing else works, but everybody with eyes in their heads will see that there´s more to Stella than just a tough woman.

:lol: I was thinking of just a few short singing notes in the lab, like she did these few dancing steps. But as a hobby they could show this as a personal side of Stella and if she finds a nice guy who shares her hobby- the better that is :lol:.

Hugs to you all :)

15. Chaos79

Chaos79 Police Officer

To Andromeda & Debbie:

Thank you sooooooooooo much for the birthday greets & pics. I may not post as long as you guys, but in a line or two, at least the very thought is... somewhere there :lol:.

Loooooove Jon Stewart. He's like Larry King only younger & funnier, even if there'll always be Politics involved in his spiels. I used to watch his show in Comedy Central, that was until I left Manila & based somewhere else. I dunno, but it's Melina's laugh and her reaction to the jokes that's so...uh, sweet. just sweet. so sweet...anywho, did I mention that me and my aunt are also Providence fans? Me always love Poor Sydney :lol: well, simply, she gets all cute when her mom would pop out and both would start talking in the middle of a crowd, then she fell for her shrink (?), oh, and that family dog / confidant that grew up with the show:guffaw:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.