Grade 'No Good Deed'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Feb 25, 2009.

?

How would you grade No Good Deed?

1. A+

24 vote(s)
    34.8%
  2. A

17 vote(s)
    24.6%
  3. A-

6 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. B+

5 vote(s)
    7.2%
  5. B

9 vote(s)
    13.0%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  7. C+

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  9. C-

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. Sophia's folly

Sophia's folly Witness

I am not too sure how I felt about this episode in truth. CSI NY does like to do gross don't they, eyeball in coffee, ugly birds, half eaten bits of bodies but I guess that what they do. I don't mind in truth as long as it's a good storyline. I enjoyed the funny moments with Danny/Mac, Adam/Danny, Hawkes/Danny etc.

For me the Stella and Mac scenes just reiterates for me the friendship and respect that these two have built up over the past 6 plus years, (I don't know exactly how long they have working together) Both these characters are essentially workaholics and both have been through a great deal together so I find it natural that they turn to each other for advice. Regardless as to whether each accepts it.

I am one of those that saw the ending scene between Mac and Ella as closure. I agree with Curiosity about the body language used between Ella and Mac, ie, Mac standing close to doorway, Ella sitting on bed, definitely suggesting that Mac didn't want to get too close but to give Ella reassurance that she will be ok. The story about his friend made me go :wtf:, I have to be honest here, I didn't like that at all, and Macslady you are so right, awful bad luck his childhood friends had! Probably why he is the way he is I suppose, a private man that doesn't give to much away, when you bear in mind what might happen to people he likes!;)

I also agree that he is changing, and Stella cleverly pointed that out. I do enjoy the sensitive and more gently side of Mac but only when it's necessary and to people that he is strongly attached to and not to those that are essentially part of a case and because of his responsibilty to the lab and his job this was one time that I felt he needed to take a back seat and not get so personally involved. I don't mean make him out to be an insensitive so and so, but I will always remember his little speech to Aiden, about how the integrity of the lab and how he would do anything to uphold that!

I know that trusting Joe and getting it so wrong is an issue in his changing personality development here and of course bearing in mind that people he cares about do get hurt, Stella, Flack, Reed, to name a few. These are just my opinions.:)

A small and probably insignificant point I want to make which I didn't understand and I know it's only a show but, "half way" house, ok yes I agree a place to be getting help, having nowhere to live? I thought she had a place or did I miss something? Also she has the book deal doesn't she? Something to focus on surely? I know it's petty but why was those two things over looked? For a moment I thought Mac was going to offer her his spare room and then I would have been screaming at the TV and still screaming now!!:lol: As I said, small things!

Actually although I think this is the last we see of Ella I would actually be pleased if she did turn up again. I seriously do not even consider anything romantically between Mac and Ella, so wrong on so many levels and again Macslady, got to agree with you I can't see Gary going down that route. But I quite enjoyed the stalking part of it in so much as if things started to go bad then Mac would be in so much trouble for getting personally involved wouldn't he? I would like to have seen how he would have gotten out of that situation, am I making sense here? Probably not. Ok lets leave it, she has probably gone for good. Move on Sophia ;)

I gave it a B.

2. Star4CatESPChick

Star4CatESPChick Police Officer

I thought it was an awesome episode! One of my favorite moments was when Flack asked Stella about the bird that dropped the eyeball in her coffee and her response. Also, when Stella said something in Greek (I am assuming she was cursing) after the eyeball landed in her coffee.