CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion--Drama in Alphabet City!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CCA

CCA Police Officer

As much as I hate to say this, I think it's Danny in the coma..only because they'll see it as Flack has already been serverly wounded before in "Charge of the Post" and so they'll think "hmmm who hasn't been hurt to the point of being in a coma..oh Danny let's do that to him."

I just have a feeling it will be Danny, because Flack will be distraught over Angel...though it would make more sense for Flack to be the one, I highly doubt the higher ups will see it that way...(just trying to think like they would.)

2. jwells2472

jwells2472 Witness

Don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but looks like this episode is gonna be a good one

CSI: New York: Yahrzeit
    #Warning their are spoilers in it#

If this has already been posted...please delete if needed.

3. LpoHeartsNick

LpoHeartsNick Rookie

Sounds like a good ep! Can't wait.

As for the finale, I think TPTB underestimated how closely we fans watch the show. I have been saying all season that they are building up for something big to happen with Danny.
    I mean, if I am wrong, then I am wrong, but ever since the scene with the shooting and he was shakey, something has been up.

4. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

And if someone from the network or the show is reading this thread, I just hope you get the credit for the idea when that episode airs next season! :cool:

5. jwells2472

jwells2472 Witness

Hey, who knows I may have a new career in my future
    CBS V.P. In Charge of Eppy Naming:lol:

6. Bunchie

Bunchie Dead on Arrival

thanxs jwells for the link..can't wait for the eppy

7. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Nooooooooooooooooooo... :( CSI:NY = 'Growing Pains' + case (maybe):eek: *Plen faints*

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Not to mention, if Flack lost Angell and then Danny was in jeopardy somehow, that could really push Flack to the breaking point. Far and away, the two people he cares about most on the show are Angell and Danny (Stella, too, though we've seen less of their friendship this season). That would be a real one-two punch for Flack--one that could send him over the edge.

That being said, this 'Danny in a coma' stuff is still unsubstantiated as far as I know!

Interesting article! I am looking forward to this episode.

9. FlackFan01

Thanks for that last statement - some comfort, but not much, with Angell's story here.

I think if both stories played out in the finale, we could see some over-the-top work by Eddie next season as Flack learns to move on, and as he deals with almost losing a second close friend. Especially after his own near-death experience a few years ago. It would be interesting to see how Eddie does. I know he can do a great job. I am just anxious to see it all played out on my TV screen, at least, what we do know is happening. Too bad I have to wait 2 more weeks for it!

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

In the new issue of TV Guide, it says about the finale what we already know (except the identity of the death in the first ten minutes of the ep) and that there will be a cliffhanger at the end that will be leaving everyone wanting to know what's next.

It says the death is someone we all know. However, John Dove (the ep's writer) says he expects all the series regulars to return to work next season.

11. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Well, that kind of gives away all the suspense. :p Though I guess whoever the cliffhanger puts in jeopardy could return and kick the bucket...but not likely.

I think it's really hard to keep TV deaths hidden these days, with the internet and people getting really clever about getting spoilers (that includes us here :p ;) ).

I'm looking forward to the finale, though. Can't believe it's essentially a week sooner now!

12. eyewitness

eyewitness Rookie

:rolleyes:
    You know what I think? I think Danny is at home taking care of the baby. :eek:Because if Lindsay's working and Danny too, where's the baby stayin at? Daycare already? :wtf: A newborn? I don't think so.

I think the promo photos mainly show them(the team) re-enacting the (Angell) crime scene!! :(

Now seeing Lindsay on the photos brought hope back to me again: maybe Lindsay's the character whose head is at stake... and maybe she's not coming back next season! (hey, peter lenkov did say he wanted the new season to begin positive, :rolleyes: right?) :lol:

13. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Why do they even bother coming up with possibly intriguing story lines if they're not gonna bother to try and keep any suspense about it? I realize spoilers get out but that's a whole seperate issue. People can choose to read spoilers or not. When they're giving interviews to Ausiello and TV Guide and whoever else that pretty much give everything away that is a different story and just beyond stupid IMO. :brickwall:

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

If they say the kid is in daycare, I'll swallow that - if they give a logical explanation for where the kid is, that's all I ask.

That being said, there has to be a time jump. I seriously can't see Lindsay back at work essentially two weeks after giving birth. She got at least a month off before having the kid (since she left at the end of 5.17 and will be back in 5.23. If each episode represents a week, that's like 5 weeks - or 6, depending on how you count. I don't know, my brain isn't working right now to count up how much that would actually be.) If she got more than a month off before having the kid but only two weeks afterward, I don't think I can suspend my disbelief enough for that to fly. (Of course, didn't they say something about her coming back to work and her water breaking in 5.23? If that's the case, I don't even know anymore.)

And I'm also not going to buy it if Danny stays home with the kid while Lindsay comes back early to investigate the death of a colleague - her coming back early is something I might buy (if I tilt my head and squint), but Danny staying out of work while his wife - who is still healing - goes to work is something I cannot buy at all. Knowing Danny, he'd be happy if Lindsay didn't get out of bed until she's completely healed.

BTW, the Criminal Minds finale was supposed to air from 8-10 on the 20th. The President speaking tonight is pushing the 8-9 shows back a week, which means they have to air those shows on the 20th to get them in during sweeps. So that's why they moved the CM finale to 9-11 and shifted NY to the 14th. :)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  15. FlackFan01

You took the words right outta my mouth. It's almost pointless now. Don't some shows go overboard to create secrecy? (think, upcoming DH ep on ABC - spoiler comments on Ausiello) Unless secrecy is an ABC thing - you know, the network has a patent on secrets or something, and no other network can use them? :rolleyes: I don't want to complain about TPTB, but I think they have some control over it, don't they? :scream:

ETA: Fay, does that speech tonight affect our beloved New York team? I couldn't figure that out this morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.