CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion--Drama in Alphabet City!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I assume they are the same promo pictures that are in the picture thread - there's one with Mac & Dunbrook, one of Mac & Stella, and one with Lindsay & Hawkes. http://talk.csifiles.com/showpost.php?p=918653&postcount=556

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I think there must have been some sort of failure of communication at the network - this is the second time they've changed NY's schedule to accommodate a two-hour block of Criminal Minds. How long did they know that CM would need two hours for its finale that they couldn't plan it a bit better, you know? *le sigh*

Yes, May 20th is the last day of sweeps. It's April 23 - May 20. So if they wanted to have NY's finale in during sweeps, they couldn't wait until the 27th to play it.

Yeah, I expect them to gloss over that - and honestly, if they say they put the kid in daycare or have someone watching her, that's all the realism I'll require from them because, well, it is realistic - although Lindsay being back to work two episodes after giving birth is a different story (unless they reference a time jump). They can mention Aunt Lucy every so often and that'll be enough for me.

I can't see them casting Danny's mom unless she's Very Significant to a storyline. My guess is that they'll either put the kid in daycare or reference a family member that is taking care of her without showing said family member on screen.

Yeah. I can think of several reasons why Danny is never there (and that's one of them) - but just once, it would be nice if he was there and we didn't have to come up with excuses.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I can kind of see that--I think Flack looks at Danny as someone he protects and takes care of, and wouldn't necessarily want Danny to see his weaker side. It would be nice to see Danny try to reach out to Flack, though, especially in this instance.

Agreed. Presumably CM didn't "shock" them by delivering a 2 hour finale. I imagine that was in the schedule for the entire season. So obviously CBS miscalculated when scheduling new eps vs. repeats...or ep. delivery for NY was scheduled out based on the presumption that CM would have a single hour finale--once again, a CBS scheduling blunder.

Oh, okay, I see what you're saying--rather than bumping CSI: NY's finale after sweeps to accommodate CM's finale, they're rushing it. That's a pretty big schedule blunder. I think the sweeps dates screwed a lot of scheduling up this season, though--May sweeps is starting a week early, so when the original schedules were made, they were likely made on the presumption that sweeps ended a week later. The stupid digital TV switch--which was delayed anyway--really messed a lot of things up. :rolleyes:

4. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Thank you so much Sarah!! I was able to open this link:)

5. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

Huh, that's odd because I just tried it and it worked for me... :confused:

Here is a link that should work better:

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/editorial/all/coverage/933094.html

6. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Thanks ErinElizabeth that link worked - and there are more there. Also I noticed with the names they don't mention Lindsay's last name - I guess they haven't decided if they're going to change it.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  7. Mynerva24

Mynerva24 Witness

Thanks ErinElizabeth!!!

8. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

I think the photos are really cool!!!!
    there was alot of them:)
    Thanks for the link EninElizabeth<3

I do think that Showing the Season Finale On the 14th is really odd to me???
    I like that we dont have to wait a week for it, but waiting is just half the fun...

9. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

No problem guys! Glad I could help. :)

10. Mynerva24

Mynerva24 Witness

BTW, Danny's not there?
    Can it be the sign that it's really him that will got hurt?

11. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Thank you for Sneak Peak, I am in a hurry to see the episode.
    As regards the absence of Danny in the photographs, I like to think for once, it is with dimensions of Don, to support it.
    After, as a nanny, I don’t think, if not the scenario writers would have left Lindsay on leave maternity.
    Afterwards, Danny can be on leave, not work this day there. Where still, being that which will be in danger. But good, the photographs show only the beginning of the episode, I suppose even the 10 famous first minutes, therefore one can all imagine.

12. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Thanks EE the link did work much better!

13. M-n-Mfan7

M-n-Mfan7 Victim

If it was Danny that was in a coma then why is Lindsay calm looking, if her husband was in a coma she would be at the hospital with him and have the baby with her im sure. Unless that happens later in the show.

14. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

15. jwells2472

jwells2472 Witness

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.