Episode 7x22 - 'Dead on Arrival' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Apr 24, 2009.

1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Way to go, COREY!!! :thumbsup:

The Funny Haha's:

Natalia starstruck & hitting H's arm - I thought she'd call him 'Dude'.

Myles Martini: "you can't call her bitch/then pull her hair again" :lol:

Natalia & Travers - "& you're not listening to a wooord I'm saying"

Ryan hoping to see catfights wearing bikinis. Nat laughing at him.

Natalia bumping into people in the hallway from watching that video. It gave me a flashback of Eric in the hallway going "can you hear me now" & running into people. Haha.

The Aww's:

Horatio. He was sweet & so loveable in this episode. So nice to see, & I loved the ending where he held the girl - he's such a warm gentleman. I adore him this way.

Kyle. Gosh, his presence in the lab is really growing on me. I didn't know how great I'd feel about him working in the morgue, but I like it - he looks older now so it doesn't look so out of place for him to be there. Good fit for him, I think.

The Oh No You Didn't:

Tara giving Kyle that nasty look "I don't need to explain myself to you"
    You got balls honey; that's the boss' son your talkin' too. ;)

Overall, this was just a great episode. I loved Myles Martini, he was a blast, though I thought it was pretty "ewww" that he was sleeping with all those girls. Only on Miami could they do that with Deidrach - I bet he loved it. :p

A+ Corey! & from the bottom of my heart - I thank you. ;)

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I loved this episode :thumbsup:. It was funny but intense at the same time, great balance :).

-Loved Natalia being so into the show. I could almost see her asking to take pictures with them :lol:.

-Calleigh interrogating the sleazy guy :thumbsup:. Her expression in the end when she told him about inmates needing reasurrance was priceless :lol:.

-Travers :D. He's right up there tied with Valera in my list of favorite lab rats. It was so funny watching him so concentrated on what he was doing and Natalia like dude listen to me. :lol: Plus he broke the case so bravo to you Travers :).

-Calleigh and her "diversion" :D. Great scene, loved that the Delko smirk was there and especially loved Eric going Mmmm at what Calleigh was saying. Yep, he was savoring her every word :D.

-Kyle noticing the pill thing surprised me. I thought that Ryan would be the only to know that something fishy was going on. It shows that Kyle is a pretty observant guy. When he was looking at the x-ray I thought he can actually read an x-ray :wtf:???? But then he kept turning it around and I was like ok maybe he doesn't :lol: It did surprise me that Tara asked him to do a sex kit. I thought he would need some kind of training to be able to do that, IDK. He is growing on me though.

-Great twist at the end when the case was solved and Frank came to Horatio with the pervert info. I have to agree that this was the H from earlier seasons and not so much Super-H even though he was saving a damsel in distress. IDK, but there was something really human about the way he saved and gave her comfort. It was really nice to watch. I think the girl did a really good job.

You know I had never thought of that. Now everytime I watch I'm going to be on the look-out to see if the shake people's hands or not :lol:. I can't believe I've never noticed if they do or not. Hmm, now I want to see old episodes to see...

3. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

OK, I really liked this episode. I have been thinking alot lately about if I had to pick just one episode from this season which would be my favorite and I have to say this is almost at the very top if not at the top. Lots of humor, a little drama, and fun twists and turns to the story!

Just a few highlights I enjoyed:

Nat being star struck so classic! And I loved that she was in the entire show! And I was watching E! and they played the behind the scenes interview for last nights show again and she was so funny! DC not so funny at all. WAy too serious. I also have to wonder if this little poking at the baclor helped Eva sort of destress about not getting married this year too. Maybe the writers did really want to get back at the bachlor for getting killed in the ratings, but I think her being involved so much also makes you wonder if they were trying to help her recent breakup.

Ryan's comments to Valeria SOOO funny (even funnier to me cause i work in the library field). Ryan's comments the entire show were really good and well exacuted.

Eric's comments to Cal about feeling like he is on another planet in comparison to everyone at the lab. Of course Cal's comments back to him were just as classic. Seriously the whole play between them this episode was really light hearted and fun. I wish we got more like this instead of all the drama and all the hospital visits. It really reminded me of the first few seasons where they were just good friends. It was nice to see this when they are dating too.

Trav and the light show seriously were they thinking about me when they wrote that in or what? I've been known to do that on many occations.

Kyle seriously what can I say, it was really brave of him to confront her. But in all honestly if you were standing on the catwalk could you really see the size and shape of a pill?

FRANK TRIPP in DA HOUSE--Glad to see him getting some more airtime.

H- too serious in some parts, but in others like when he was talking to that girl with the scar his facial expressions that he gave her reminded me of how he used to look at Mari. At the very end of the episode did anyone else notice when he was wrapping his jacket around her in one of the shots it isnt around her and then magically they switch to another shot and its there! I was like woah mommy.

It was so exciting to see the final outcome to the youtube video that we all saw!! YAY.

4. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

5. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:guffaw::guffaw:Great job on this episode from all the actors and, of course, Corey Miller.
    ;)
    As for Horatio shaking hands with the host, when has anyone seen a cop on duty shake the hand of a suspect during an investigation? That omission alone lets everyone know who's in charge. Maintaining control the name of that game.

6. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

7. bulletgirl

bulletgirl Rookie

I loved this episode, it was so funny :lol:

Loved Natalia reaction when she realized it was the show she watches :lol:

Emily in the interrogation room "Mr Martin...Martini....Mr Martin" :guffaw:and the look on the guys face when she said there are guys in jail who also need comforting and reassuring...hilarious :guffaw:

Loved the Ryan and Valera scene, poor Valera I doubt she'll be smelling old books anymore :lol:

LOVED the E/C scene *sighs* :adore: Thanks Cory! :D

I thought the ending with H and that girl was sweet :)

I dont like Tara :shifty:

Great episode!!!! :hugegrin:

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

ROTFL! I would have loved to have heard her say "dude" to him and then clear her throat and say "uh... sir". :lol:

I also loved Horatio in this episode. I really loved how he was rubbing the girl's arm to warm her up. So dad-like. Very sweet. Aww...

And Kyle is growing on me more and more. In the beginning, I was indifferent to him, but now I just adore him. :lol:

I have to say that Eric's smirk was just adorable. :lol:

hard to believe the girl who played the killer is the same girl who played Sam's murdered girlfriend Jessica on Supernatural.

Me either and am I the only one who wanted to smack her when she gave Kyle that nasty look and said "I don't have to explain myself to you". Ugh. She's definitely acting like an addict.

9. bulletgirl

bulletgirl Rookie

Yeah he's growing on me too, at first I didnt like him that much b/c I thought he was a brat but these past few episodes ive really started to like him, hes really cute. :)

And your not the only one who wanted to smack her, Im right there with you. :lol:

Ooh loved the music in this episode, I wanted to get up and dance. :lol:

10. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

That's exactly what I was imagining! :guffaw:

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Reminds me of that scene in the movie Girls Just Want to Have Fun where Jonathan Silverman's character says to Sarah Jessica Parker's character's father (about her dancing) "She's awesome man... uh, sir." :lol:

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Oh God, I remember that movie :lol: 80's flashbacks everywhere today Haha!! *feels old*

14. electra

electra Pathologist

I think it was a wonderful parody of "The Bachelor" .All the things that annoy me about it like the catfights and how fake it is were portrayed.

I was surprised of how much I liked Natalia.This storyline suits her better then all the ones about Nick.With a good storyline ,she can become a favorite of mine.

E/C were so cute.They reminded me of their old banter.Plus eric smirking is way too hot for words.

I give it a solid A.

15. luvcsimiami

luvcsimiami Hit and Run

Loved this episode for all the things most folks have already listed. It actually reminded me of the old CSI Miami when everyone got along. I loathe reality shows especially The Bachelor and CSI did a great job showing how lame they can be.

I've never been a Nat fan but I have to say she has grown on me immensely since Season 6. I'm surprised at how happy I was to see her in more than a few scenes and I really think her lack of screen time has more to do with Eva's wedding planning and then not planning rather than Miami keeping her in the background. Just my thought and I have no proof of that anywhere. Anyway, hope to see more of Nat like this.

It was also nice to see happy Calleigh back. She was feisty, flirty, and fun in this episode. Loved the "That's not very ladylike" line. Such a southern belle thing to say :lol: . I laughed out loud when she told the guy why she wanted to put him in jail. I love it when she pretends to go into the airhead sterotype mode and then lets loose a zinger. Nice to know they found bullet girl.

-Travers and Nat were hysterical as were Ryan and Valera
    -Kyle is definately starting to become a favorite of mine. I love how the actor has really picked up on Horatio's mannerisms. It's nice to see him establishing his own identity and really grow out of that snotty brat role.
    -Ok...Tara needs to be smacked in big way. Right now I'm liking Julia better and I didn't think that was possible.
    -E/C scene just goes without saying but loved how this flowed in and it was so natural. Now if they could just keep doing scenes like that I would be a happy E/C shipper indeed :)

Hopefully, we'll get many more episodes like this in Season 8 with the team working together to catch the bad guys. Man I miss Corey Miller already.