Castle.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by bumble_bee89, Apr 6, 2009.

1. bumble_bee89

bumble_bee89 Rookie

I'm so sorry CBS
    But it's on ABC lol lol :lol:

Anyways, anyone been watching it...only started 4 weeks ago
    on at 10pm on ABC.

S'got Nathan Fillion<3:scream: and Stana katic or whatever her name is
    it's like this whole other country...
    no really, it's like CSI:NY meets...Stephen King...meets, Moonlighting! haha.

There's a forum for it but there's not many people there yet...so it would be great if y'all spread the words and joined

http://z8.invisionfree.com/CastleTV/index.php?act=idx

Sorry if I'm not allowed to link to other forums but, we're fledgling and we need help lol. :cool:

2. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I saw the first episode and while it was definitely entertaining, I'm not sure how long it'll last. It's a pretty goofy premise and looks to get a lot goofier past the pilot. I've gotta say, though, that Nathon Fillion is fantastic as always. He manages to make a childish, reckless, raging narcissist likable.

By the way, I loved the meeting between all his writer friends and the discussion they had about hanging on as long as they could to their stories and characters so long as there was profit in it, and the need to throw a "twist" into a boring story.

3. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

...meets Murder HE Wrote.

The show is okay. I like the cappuccino machine he bought for the detective squad. And as usual (like Psych, Mentalist, Murder She Wrote, Eleventh Hour, and several other shows) the outside solves the cases for the police.

4. JLo10131121

JLo10131121 Witness

So far I'm liking it a lot. I love Nathan Fillion. Ever since I first fell in love with Firefly and Serenity. He's a good actor and his character on this new series has me laughing my ass off. I liked the end of the last ep with his partner showing up all sexy and slinky and his voice trailed off. LOL. It's kinda hard to get used to Fillion playing a father. I'm so used to seeing him as Mal.

5. bumble_bee89

bumble_bee89 Rookie

Oh yes, hard nosed Mal is hard to get out of one's mind once he is there.

Although, I really love how he is with Alexis...she's like the mother in the relationship and he's like the son...which is easy to relate to because me and my mother are exactly the same lol.

I love how him and Beckett are too, she's really pretty and he's really (gorgeous!!!!) I mean, handsome lol. And they're like a pair of kids in a playground poking at each other because they fancy each other...

I like it because they writers made it blunt from the start that there was going to be something going on between Castle and Beckett...they've not just added it in after a couple of seasons to spice things up a bit like CSI...no offence CSI but I watched you for the science...not to watch some woman half Grissoms age bugger up his life/career/heart/head.

(sorry about the GSR rant there lol :guffaw:)

Anyways, back to Nathan Fillion...
    I'm so glad he has finally become more mainstream...It means he will get more opportiunities to get in some more meaty films...hopefully they will bring Firefly back *crosses fingers* I love that show, shame there is only 12 episodes of it...I would have loved to see what Mal did once Inara left.

And how Simon and Kaylee got on...and River and Simon Tam, how they got on after escaping the Alliance.

6. JLo10131121

JLo10131121 Witness

In the movie, didn't Inara say she was coming back? Or at least thinking about it? The two of them were interesting together. I hope it comes back in some form or another. As for Beckett and Castle, they've got some major chemistry going on. I like it. His daughter's a hoot. She's so the adult in that family.

7. Kohoutek

Kohoutek Prime Suspect

Just finally watched the pilot of this. It was a bit "steady" but Nathan Fillion carried it. I'll be watching again just because he's brilliant. :lol:

8. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Cute line on season opener.

Castle: Do you want me to put on some music? Whenever they do this sort of thing on CSI, they always do it to music.

9. Flack-Angell

Flack-Angell Rookie

I LOVE Castle! Nathan Fillion is hilarious! I always get a good laugh from seeing that show :lol: and the CSI-line was nice : D I think he had one CSI Miami line too... something like: "I don't watch crime shows on tv because they seem to care more about their sunglasses." or something like that ^^

10. xeri

xeri Hit and Run

Really liked the first season . I would have been happy just watching Fillion in his role ( guess I still miss Firefly ^^) ,but I like the whole cast .

His family situation is just so entertaining *g* and he's a really cute dad.
    Needed a little time to accept Beckett 'cause I just have simply an overload of this chara type from the different shows I watch .
    Love their banter ,but for future shows I may watch - pleaaaase something different than the "tough" (lead-)female that got some weak/emotional point ( Warehouse 13 , Life, Mentalist , Dark Blue ...you catch my drift :lol:).

I enjoy these little scenes that just make me smile - their poker round , the coffee machine , Ryan's random anecdotes ....oh love the whole Ryan,Javier scenes (they're totally married :p) and when the 3 boys joke around ( for me that's also one of the best things at the mentalist )

@Flack-Angell: ohh that line was great :guffaw:

11. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Season three! Bumping this thread because it is awesome, and I didn't see a different one.

A Deadly Affair:

~Castle and Beckett shooting each other? Never gonna happen.
    ~I loved Ryan's line about Castle being ruggedly handsome. :lol:
    ~I also loved how Ryan, Esposito, and Beckett are so irritated with Castle for not calling them.
    ~And Castle is clueless about it.
    ~The subtle romance interrogation through the murder interrogation was awesome. Beckett, you're flirting with him even when you're supposed to be mad at him. We all know the reason, though whether or not you're admitting it this season is a whole other matter.
    ~Castle and Beckett are the only people I know who would risk shooting each other to save each other.

12. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

New show for me to watch Monday night! I absolutely love the tension between Castle & Beckett.

I loved the part where she was interrogating him. He's clueless as to what he did wrong.

I'm gonna have to play catch up w/season 1 & 2, but its safe to say that I will be definitely tuning in.

13. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Was last night your first ep, texmex? Trust me, the tension is even better in the first two seasons. They rival Booth and Bones at times, which makes it very, very awesome. And painful. Painfully awesome.

I've decided that 90% of the time I hate those short scene + "X minutes/hours earlier" beginnings. Because, seriously. I really really doubt that Castle or Beckett would shoot each other. I believe one or the other going rogue and becoming a bad guy before I'd believe them hurting each other on purpose.

14. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

More Castle fans! [​IMG] I love this show!

Agree about the beginning - it's basically "now you have to watch the whole episode (like you weren't going to already) to find out what really happened here."

Were you guys following Seamus Dever on Twitter while watching? He was tweeting for three time zones' showings! My favorite: "seamusdever I was directed to "look as stupid as possible" when Castle and Beckett look over. Did it work?"

15. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

No it wasn't, I caught the season finale last week. I had heard how heartbreaking it was (just like Booth & Brennan).

I'm looking forward to watching this season. (I always start watching shows after they've been on for a couple seasons LOL) I think the only show I saw the whole way thru was Prison Break, but I digress.