CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion--Drama in Alphabet City!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick_Wolfe_Danny

Nick_Wolfe_Danny Police Officer

I'm kind of with you CCA. I was really dissapointed with that, they didn't show enough of Flack, I just really hope that its not about Mac, dont get me wrong i love Mac he's the bee's knee's, TOTP ended up being about him and same with Hostage, i'm keeping my finger's crossed but ive got a some doubt up in the old noggin.

2. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

Yeah I was pretty bitter about that episode when the kid dies in Flack's custody. I was so excited because I thought that was going to be a big emotional episode for him and it just like "meh". :rolleyes:

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

A lot of times with this show (and a lot of other shows, for that matter), when a character is central to a story, it revolves around them more than it actually features them. When Hawkes was framed by Shane Casey, we barely saw him - and it ended up being about Danny in the end. When Flack got blown up in "Charge of This Post", he was unconscious for most of the episode and it ended up being about Mac. "Green Piece" started out with Adam and showed him playing the hero, but then he disappeared for half of the episode. Etc.

So it's not so much that I want a Flack-centric finale/cliffhanger - I want a finale/cliffhanger that features him prominently and gives him some meaty stuff to work with. :p I'm confident that we'll get some good stuff (because we all know Eddie can work with whatever they give him), but I just hope Mac's drama with Dunbrook doesn't completely overshadow Flack in this one. I think there's room for both - but I anticipate having to look for the small stuff when it comes to Flack because I expect it to be more about the little moments than the big scenes. I mean, this is Flack - he's probably going to throw himself into the investigation and try to keep himself together. I'm looking forward to the subtle stuff with this one. :D

4. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

Very, very good point Faylinn. And I have to agree with you. It's one thing for the other characters to discuss how "Flack is going through a rough time." etc, etc but it's so much better (IMO) when we actually get to see the struggle and the emotions behind it. Too many times TPTB have relied on us just "figuring it out" or "assuming" or "it happened off screen". I watch a damn TV show because I want to see it ON screen. :p

5. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Amen, Fay. I hope his anger, frustration and sorrow can be conveyed in a subtle, yet powerful way. I don't doubt Eddie, I know he will be amazing, but writing a character that's breaking down in the inside while he looks quite calm and composed in the outside is not that easy. If he doesn't recover in just a couple of episodes -and he shouldn't-, Flack development during season 6 can provide us with so many interesting moments when the rest are trying to soothe him and make him talk to get rid of the pain on his shoulders and he's constantly pushing them away.

6. CCA

CCA Police Officer

Glad I'm not the only one feeling the lack of Flack...wow that rhymes haha its like you guys are the best at character development then any the other CSI's and there are plenty of people that wanna watch some Flack Drama here...I could go an entire episode of just him..yes I could! LOL

I'm just glad I'm not alone on the feeling of how they treat his character sometimes

7. DuCaineluvr93

DuCaineluvr93 Witness

Can we confirm airdates for the upcoming episodes because y'all say the finale is airing may 20th but i have

episode 522 -airing this week correct?
    episode 523- airing may 6 it says on the futon critic
    episode 524- airing may 13th
    episode 525- airing thursday the fourteenth at 10:00pm

Source Below

CBS ANNOUNCES APRIL AND MAY SCHEDULE CHANGES
    "Harper's Island" Relocates to Saturday, 9:00 PM, May 2
    "Rules of Engagement" and "The New Adventures of Old Christine" To Be Broadcast Wednesday, May 13, 8:00-9:00 PM
    "CSI: NY" Season Finale To Be Broadcast Thursday, May 14, 10:00 PM, Following the Season Finale of "CSI"
    "The New Adventures of Old Christine" and "Gary Unmarried" Season Finales Move To Wednesday, May 20
    Two-Hour "Criminal Minds" Finale To Air Wednesday, May 20, 9:00-11:00 PM
    The following replaces previously announced programming in April and May.
    Wednesday, April 29
    8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT CBS NEWS COVERAGE OF THE PRESIDENTIAL NEWS CONFERENCE
    9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT CRIMINAL MINDS
    10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT CSI: NY
    Thursday, April 30
    10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT CRIMINAL MINDS (R)
    Saturdays, Effective May 2
    9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT HARPER'S ISLAND (New Time Period)
    Thursday, May 7 CSI (R)
    10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT
    Wednesday, May 13
    8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
    8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT THE NEW ADVENTURES OF OLD CHRISTINE
    Thursday, May 14
    10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT CSI: NY (Season Finale)
    Wednesday, May 20
    8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT THE NEW ADVENTURES OF OLD CHRISTINE (Season Finale)
    8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT GARY UNMARRIED (Season Finale) 9:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT CRIMINAL MINDS (Season Finale)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  8. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I believe it's actually this;

522 - this week (29th)
    523 - may 6th
    524 - may 13th
    525 - may 14th (Thurs)

While it's great to see two episodes airing in one week, I'm not sure how the change of day for the finale will affect the ratings. :confused:

9. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

I read it, too. But 5x24 would be airing May 13th, or? And the finale on May 14th. So we would have two episodes in one week, or:confused:.
    I´m a little confused now.

10. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

The ratings probably won't be as good because they're going up against the Grey's two hour finale but I'm sure CBS is very aware of this. It's not the show's fault. They certainly aren't going to cancel it, especially over this.

And for those who asked, yes. We are getting two eps in one week. Like JellyBelly said above:

522 will air April 29th (Wed)
    523 will air May 6th (Wed)
    524 will air May 13th (Wed)
    525 will air May 14th (Thurs)

I'm actually really happy about this because I'm going to be out of town on the 20th and was going to miss the finale. Now I'll get to see it at my parents' house on their ginormous TV in HD!!

11. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Wait, what? Two episodes in two days? So is CSI: LV on at 9 on Thursday and then NY at 10?

12. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

Yep. :)

13. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

Oh, I haven´t thought of the Grey´s finale. That really doesn´t sound good regarding the ratings.

14. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

NOoooooooo!!!!! I'll be at a day long meeting that Thursday (in Georgia), i'm leaving wednesday and coming back Friday. So i'm going to miss BOTH episodes!!!!! That's why I was so excited that it was the 20th. Is it allowed to swear on the threads??:scream::brickwall::censored::censored: you right now CBS!!

15. jwells2472

jwells2472 Witness

Awesome 2 Eppies in one week. We can go into CSI NY overload :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.