What keeps you watching CSI:NY?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Apr 22, 2009.

?

What keeps you watching CSI:NY?

1. I love everything about the show!

11 vote(s)
    15.7%
  2. I don't love [i]everything[/i], but I still enjoy watching the show.

10 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. It's the characters that keep me coming back.

37 vote(s)
    52.9%
  4. I love the cases - this [i]is[/i] a CSI show after all.

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. I watch the show out of habit.

4 vote(s)
    5.7%
  6. Other (please specify - we like discussion! :D)

6 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

I stay around for the characters--well, most of the characters (my utter dislike of Lindsay isn't exactly a secret :p)... I used to like the storylines and crimes, but then it just became kinda cheesy (such as rich people doing all the bad things, among other things). If they killed Adam off or got rid of him, I'd stop watching, probably. I love him... his characters is amazing. I also love Don and his humor, Sheldon and his adorableness, Mac and his insomnia, Stella and her badass-ness, Sid and his eccentricity, and Angell and her toughness. :lol:

2. Sophia's folly

Sophia's folly Witness

I am so excited, this is my first poll! I picked "other". I have been watching since the very beginning and because of Gary Sinise. I loved Season 1 and gave the writers and actors a big:thumbsup: Since then I was hooked!

Ok then came season 2, and I was :wtf: so glossy, so new, so sexy, beautiful, semi naked people all over the place and for a while I thought that I had tuned in to the wrong show. But I didn't give up. If Gary had left at this stage then I probably would have stopped watching. But deep down I hoped and prayed for some good storylines and great characters, both major and minor ones. On the whole we got it IMO, good characters new and old and occasionally the brilliant star guest and great storyline.

That is not to say that there have been some terrible moments, as already mentioned, outrageous continuity, (I am sure TPTB think we are all suffering with amnesia), and some pretty boring CBS stunt casting and totally boring and predictable storylines and unrealistic solving of crimes.

Why do I still watch the "Gary Sinise", :guffaw:sorry CSI NY show, well because whilst my glass is always half empty! I am an optimist deep down and I am addicted to it and as you know "old habits die hard" and for every say three naff epsiodes I get rewarded with one good one and I keep hoping and praying that all will be linked together and everything will be connected in the end. :)

Also I get to air my views with other like minded fans on this board even if we don't all agree! Enuff said!!;)
    Sophia x

3. sarramaks

sarramaks Rookie

I started really enjoying the show after Danny took his top off in Trapped, so I would have picked 'because of the characters' / 'cases' last season. however, I've been disappointed this season; the cases have seemed predictable and Mac's started to annoy me in the same way Horatio does on Miami (ie, I can predict what he's about to say.
    Over in England, we're a few episode's behind, and I don't think I'm actually going to last till the end of the season. I've started watching Criminal Minds, and it's shaded the CSIs somewhat. I think my love affair with the show may well be over as the relationship between two certain characters was making me keep tuning in, and if that ends, there's nothing I want to follow. I feel quite sad about it, really.:(

4. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I'm watching this show because I love the characters. I think it's the first time I'm watching a show and liking all the characters. I don't love them all, but there is actually no one I dislike. I think the first episode I ever watched was Stealing Home. The character I love since I started watching the show regulary is Lindsay. Now I'm totally in love with Danny and Lindsay and I think the team is just perfect the way it is. I love their team moments. There are also a few great cases, but especially I love the interaction of the characters, and that's what keeps me watching.

5. hyburn8

hyburn8 Hit and Run

I answered "Other" since I have not watched since Lindsay told Danny she was pregnant on the show. I formerly watched because of the characters but I just got bored with it and stopped watching altogether.

6. jwells2472

jwells2472 Witness

I answered the characters, because up till now the character development was never "In your face". I like the D/L story, buts its too much now. Each character is growing and changing and not always in a positive way. Keeps it interesting, but we need more Adam, Hawkes and Sid.

7. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

I love everything about the show:)
    ~The way the cast works together.
    ~the storylines.
    ~ I like they way they really get into the characters personal lives.
    ~ I also love Danny and Lindsay:)

Thats what keeps me watching.

8. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

Same here the characters do it for me. But I have never liked the D/L storyline. I dont think it helped either character except for putting me off both of them.

As for character development...yes I would like more Adam, Sid and Hawkes. And some good Mac and Stella back stories. His Marine past or Stella's family background.

But I would really love more Flack. Particularly I would love to see his dad. Especially if Eddie Cahill got his way and it was Brian Dennehy..:)

9. jwells2472

jwells2472 Witness

I like the D/L story because I'm a sucker for romance, and pool tables. But l do agree with you a bit on it not helping either character...Linds is not as go get em as she used to be.

Just a hunch but Flack will get his shot on the finale. My woman's intuition... and reading to many dang spoilers:shifty:

10. NypdFlackie

NypdFlackie Hit and Run

I continue to keep watching this fantastic show because of many reasons. I do believe this CSI show is one that has many great plots and storylines, it keeps the viewers up and off the edge of their seats. The actors they selected for this show are perfect, the women are beautiful and as I hear, the men are pretty good eye candy as well. I don't think I could ever get bored of CSI NY, I can't get enough of it!

11. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

Probably mostly out of habit, just to have some connection with pop culture, I guess. This is one of the only TV shows that I watch. And I have to watch it online because I'm working when it's on television. I like mysteries and I like to think that I'm clever, sometimes. It also gives me a chance to see Danny and Flack in the same scene together - something to look forward to. I complain about the few other shows I watch, too. :lol: