Debate/Dislike a Ship Thread -- CSI:Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by lament, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

Re: The Great Ship Debate--CSI: Miami

If you mean last two season, yeah, she gave him couple flirty looks, but i still don't see big love from her. I see it from Eric's side, he love her, wanna family with her. But i don't see it from Calleigh's side, she still look at him flirty and nothing serious. But from season 3-5(before shooting) - this seasons i saw - she never look at him like on man she can have relationship. It was brother\sister relationship, two friends, nothing more from his side and from her side too.

He can look at her with eyes full of love, she can give him more flirty looks, but it doesn't mean chemistry. It's actor and actress trying show love.

Totally agree. When i look at them, i see that they don't click, no spark and my mind start screaming FAKE. This chemistry missing, that's why this relationship don't look natural.

Sorry EC fans, just my opinion.

2. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I can guarantee to you that I have never looked at my brother in the way she's look at him. I don't know anyone who looks at, speaks to or reacts to their brother like she has. There was NOTHING familial about the scene with the broken glass in Burned, or the "girls like flowers" comment in Cheating Death, or her reaction in CSI: My Nanny. I know that I didn't think to myself "yeah, that's how a brother and sister interact with each other".

And yeah, there wasn't a whole lot of longing gazes or pining on her end during seasons 3-5. I don't see how that invalidates any idea that they've developed romantic interest in each other.. Their relationship has changed. They flirted at first, she ignored him for a while and he slept around, and then things started getting interesting for "them" in season 5.

Of course it's an actor and actress attempting to portray love. It's a television show.

We see chemistry, you don't. I guess that's why they say "you can't please everybody all the time".

3. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

That's what i said, before shooting she don't look at him like this.
    I know, i'm telling you, that sometimes you see two people, see their chemistry and thinking about characters, that they feel to each other. In EC i see more Adam& Emily trying show us their love and it looks force, they trying hard and still something missing.

4. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I know. My response was: just because their interest in each other got serious during season 5, with his shooting as the catalyst, doesn't invalidate their love story. I know that their relationship has changed and I've never claimed that they've been truly, madly and deeply in love with each other since season 1. I've said that there's been a spark of interest since the beginning.

We've both agreed that they flirted at first, then she ignored him for a while and he slept around, after which things started getting really interesting for them in season 5. I don't see what point you're trying to make by stating this fact again.

5. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

When i write first time, i though you mean she always from season 1 to 7 look at him more then a brother. I don't saw any flirt before shooting, she not ignoring him, they was friends. Maybe flirt was in first two seasons, i don't know, i don't saw them, they was very boring. And don't see any spark of interest before season 5 end.

6. cara

cara Victim

On there not being a spark

I think that the characters themselves deny this spark because as posters before me have claimed, Calleigh saw Eric once like a brother and Eric is still getting used to having a mainstay in his life because he was a playboy before. They don't even know if its time to admit it to themselves. (It is only in 7x16 do we see a rather indulgent and concrete out-moment between the two characters. and in 7x20, although we see them in a morning-after state, there is no outright contact in their scenes)

The adjustment, the hesitation to be together, add to that their own personal issues (as revealed in past episodes) won't really give you a spark. There is no spark. But a rather solid and undeniable connection between the two characters. Whether the connection comes off as fake, platonic or whatever-else, it is there. And the exploration is valid.

The thing about this pairing is that they are complementary in their growth. And the issues of the characters are parallel which makes it more likely that they will pursue this longer. (and I believe it will be so)

7. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I have to go with Eric and Calleigh...and before people start jumping on me about how they don't get why I don't like it....first my opinion and my view of the show and second and probably the most important to take note of, I do not ship.

It is annoying to have the crime and crime solving pushed to the back burner and then have romance shoved into the forefront. This was not the premise of the show when I started to watch, in fact it's insulting to why many people tune in, for the crime aspect.

And then for the most part they are teamed off together like the rest of the team doesn't matter, or if they are with someone else it comes off as a cold interaction. I do not see, nor want to, the chemistry, I want to see the crime and the crime solving, the real reason that this show was spawned in the first place.

8. Griffon

Griffon Hit and Run

Well, concerning ships on CSI Miami, the running Calleigh/Delko may be realistic, also I have difficulties imagining too much lofe life in a working environment.

Nathalia/Delko , well! It was in line with the story line, but I have difficulties to imagine the suggested Nathalia/Wolfe and a "night together" between the two of them, following just one invitation to diner. These two characters have also no chemistry at all.

I have always regretted that the script writers did not explain a bit more on Wolfe/Sykes: These two have chemistry and from the way they act towards each other a rather elaborate history together. There are several moments, when Sykes and Wolfe are face to face and you feel that there is/was more to them then just superficial acquaintance, ambition on Erica's side and annoyance on Wolfe's side.

There are some scenes at the beginning of season 5, when you clearly see that Erica has a lot of affection for Ryan (the actress plays this very well) and Ryan is not at all 'uneasy' with women (an impression you may get from him asking Nathalia out....a 16 years old would have done better and Wolfe does not give the impression to be uneasy with the weaker sex...as you may see, once more in season 7, when he and Delko prank Dr.Price the new ME, and while Delko seems not to know how to handle an upset female, Wolfe resorts to the classic of the well-bred mail and sends flowers as a polite, but non-committing excuse)

Personally, I think the Nathalia/Wolfe in the show was a screenwriter's mistake. No male of about 30 years of age would tell a female, who's nprobably a couple of years older then himself, that his chum at work told him 'she was clear for landing'. That is high school talk of 17-years old boys....

Caine/Marisol was a rather good move and credible. Caine and Yelina have chemistry, but bedding his deceased brother's wife and mother of his nephew seems out of character to me for Horatio.

Anyhow, H. seems a bit dangerous: Since every female he fancies ends up in a body bag:lol:

9. electra

electra Pathologist

I didn't like Erica that much but there was spark between her and Ryan.It could have been an interesting relationship had it been given the time.This is the only women that I can see Ryan having romantic chemistry.But it needed a better storyline becouse most times she was sort of annoying.

And I can't say anything to the writers aboout the R/E/N triangle except:"What were they thinking?".Seriously.

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I agree. If they had made Erica a bit less annoying I think her and Ryan could've have something good going on. Even with her being annoying I think the two of them had great chemistry and that a lot more happened between them than just Ryan thinking she was hot. IDK, but there was something between them when they were on scenes together that always made me think their relationship had gone deeper at some point.

Not only that but taking her to mexican wrestling on their first date? :wtf: Natalia doesn't seem the one to enjoy wrestling not even on the 100th date :lol:. I never could figure out why exactly he chose this for their date, or does he take all his girls out for wrestling? Maybe some girls do enjoy it and it's just me thinking it's weird, IDK. There's something for everyone :). But I definitely don't see Natalia as wanting to go watch mexican wrestling :p.

11. electra

electra Pathologist

Yep.The writers should have given a soul to Erica.We only saw how far she would go for a story and nothing else.But she had potential becouse at least she was interesting.Ryan definely takes risks and Erica was one .

Was there any follow up between Eric and Ryan or Ryan and Natalia afterwards?

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

IDK wheather there was something deeper between these two or not, all I know is that Ryan was so much in love with her and that she was way too dominant for the relationship not to be true.
    I do think that there was something deeper in it and I do wish they would have developed it in a better way b/c even if Erica was sooooo annoying I found her character really interesting.

But they changed Ryan too much, he's much more mature than he use to be that I really can't picture him going back to Erica. Yeah it would be really nice to see her back annoying anyone in the team especially Calleigh (boy their fights were so hilarious :lol:), but I wouldn't want her relationship with Ryan to develop ;)

Oh gosh, you can't even imagine how I hated that triangle in that episode. It was just idiot. It was idiot the way Delko talked about Natalia to Ryan and Ryan's invite was idiot too. How can you invite a girl (who just left such an immature guy like Delko, at the time) to a Mexican Wrestling? :guffaw:
    That scene really cracked me up.
    I guess they were all soooo immature that TPTB thought it was nice to show this weird aspect of the show.
    The only person I can justify is Natalia. She just accepted that "invite" :rolleyes: just b/c it was some sort of revenge towards Delko. She just needed to show him what a stupid action he did and that he was just losing her :p
    Surely she wasn't the kind of woman who likes Wrestling.

But, at the same time, I'm pretty sure that even the new Ryan Wolfe would never invite a woman to a wrestling...at least I hope so :cardie:

13. Griffon

Griffon Hit and Run

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Some people like,or even love people or things that aren't good for them.So it was with Ryan and Erica. Erica was like slow acting poison to Ryan,she wasn't good for him at all.He looked bad when dealing with her,lost creditability with his team mates,and frankly this relationship did nothing to endear Ryan's still new character to the fans.He came off looking bad more than once.
    I saw nothing in Erica's character that even suggested that she cared for Ryan.She was a user,and if she could get what she needed from someone else,she would have moved on.
    I for one was glad the writers never went any further with this relationship, and finally had Ryan get over his infatuation.

15. Griffon

Griffon Hit and Run

Thinking of it, taking out Nathalia the way Ryan did seems more and more like one of his "practical pranks" to me....like the one, when he sends Peter Eliott off to DNA instead of Docs and tells Delco with a rather down-to-earth voice "Yep, I did....what else!" as if it was the most logical thing to do for a serious CSI. Wolfe has a lot of humor and is also not taking himself too serious.

He may be the one character on the show whom I would not see in any type of pairing with another character on the show (apart Erica, who has another job and working environment) I believe that Wolfe's entire character on the show is constructed as a very private person, who does not mix up job and love life. When they showed this scene, where he brings Billy Gantry to school, I found it even very credible to have Wolfe married (probably very young) with a wife (who has nothing to do with the police at all but maybe is a veterinarian or a financial analyst in a bank) and having a normal and happy family life far away from the CSI and CrimeLab. Although he showed a certain amount of insecurity in Season 3 (when he was a newbie straight out of the patroler uniform) and Season 4 (when he realised, that the team would not accept him) he always came over as a very earnest and mature young man.