Harper's Island

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Half, Apr 10, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Abby tells JD that Kelly is dead and his response is "that's weird"? :wtf:

:lol: I love what Cal and his gf did to the other guy putting honey on his skin and ten dumping feathers on him. :lol: And then one of the friends goes: "Looks like Pooh bear got into the honey pot." :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Is the woman married to the father of the bride, the bride's mom or stepmom? I'm wondering cause the bride's sister's hubby is sleeping with her and it's slightly less creepy if she's stepmom rather than mom. :lol:

So, only one death this time? I guess Hunter ... (puts on sunnies) became the hunted. YEEEAAAAHHH! :lol:

I guess he's off the suspect list. That brings me back to the father of the bride or possibly the brother in law of the bride. :lol: I think people underestimate him. Could explain why the little girl knows so much. Maybe it's like that movie with Dakota Fanning where her character's father has another personality that she called "Charlie" and that personality was a psycho. :lol:

2. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

For a good portion of the episode things were pointing towards Shane...but I would doubt they would reveal the killer this early...though the three days to the wedding are sure going to drag on for a while. Even with the hitting of JD and stringing him up. Props to Abby for getting him to listen and being able to save JD. Shane needs a straight jacket asap.

The honey and feathers was a great way to get the sleazy guy back for what he did. Henry was right that the other guy did leave Cal hanging, it was only fair. Good job adding some humor to this rather dark show.

The brother in law and Trish's mom is just creepy...really creepy. About as creepy as Madison and her telling Abby that more people are going to die and she isn't going to be a flower girl.

I"m so glad that Trish didn't take the bait and turned away from the door, she and Henry are really one of the only happy couples on the island for the wedding.

Bye bye Hunter, it's finally time to get rid of him...really his obsession was just getting to be over the top.

So they haven't noticed that the other dead people are missing? Did the ditzy blond girl's dog not come back barking? Or is that going to show up in later eps?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  3. GregNickRyanFan

I was surprised there was only one death. I'm starting to doubt the father in law now cause would he have really given the guy a check if he had rigged a shotgun in his boat to kill him?

4. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Yea, logically, I think even if the dad is the killer he would have given him the check. Everyone knew that Hunter had approached Trish's dad about winning her back. They would think that it is hush money to get Hunter to go away.

5. GregNickRyanFan

Well, that's a good point. I had forgotten about him telling Trish that he told Hunter to leave her alone. :lol: Hunter's supposed to be from a wealthy family too though (or so the website said anyway), so I can't figure why exactly he'd need the money if he's already rich. :lol:

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I knew Hunter would be offed, I just knew it!! :lol:

I kept thinking the entire time why they really thought Kelly commited suicide -- did you see how high up she was?? & was there any stool, chair, tables around where she could have put herself in that position!??!
    This island is in desperate need of a CSI :p

IF the Father in law is the murderer, then it wouldn't have mattered giving him the check -- he would've known Hunter would be killed & wouldn't be able to cash it anyway, plus he could easily have slipped away from that party, take another boat out & get his check & that bag of cash before anyone found Hunter's dead body.

I can't help but wonder where all these dead people are (except Kelly) & why no one has stumbled upon them yet -- ya think maybe the killer is taking the bodies & placing them somewhere?

7. matt729

matt729 Dead on Arrival

This is a good show. I like the twists! A few observations that I have made...All of the killings seem to be almost a revenge against the wedding. I have to say, episode 3 has been the least "thrilling". However a lot of character and story building was done in this episode.

1). Henry confront old man Wellington.

2). We see doubt forming between the happy couple (Henry/Trish). Henry even goes so far to pretend he's Hunter to lure Trish to a hotel room to test her devotion.

3). Beth learned that Hunter was on the island.

4). We got to see more of the social dynamic forming between Sully/Chloe/Cal. hmmm... seems like it's all fun and games for now [​IMG]

5). We now have proof that Kelly was indeed murdered! Not a suicide folks! Could the red ink injected into her eyes be tattoo ink? hmmm....

6). Another item was taken from the candlewick and used as a murder weapon - the skeet gun. (last week it was a box of matches)

7). Hunter's death of course!

8). More of the Shane vs JD fued. Had Shane had his way I believe JD would have been dead by the end of the episode.

9). Naughty Richard and Katherine are having an affair. If old man Wellington or Shea were to suspect.... Btw why did Richard have one of the skeet shotguns in the hotel room? Planning something, Richard? hmmm...

10). Nikki Bolton played more of a role with her conversation at the pier with Abby.

I think the Killer is the Taxi Driver who dropped off Abbey. He said Abby looked familar and knew her mom. Seems a bit weird that a busy Taxi Driver in Seattle knew who Abby was and her mom?? Abby was gone for 7 years.

8. GregNickRyanFan

That's what I thought too. :)

Haha, I didn't notice that it was the same gun, good observation. So, is that supposed to make us suspect Richard, Henry or Wellington since they were the ones playing skeet?

I agree, but I knew they wouldn't kill him because he's gotta remain a suspect a little longer. Of course I thought the same thing about Hunter and they killed him in the third ep, so... anything goes. :lol:

I didn't notice that either. Man, I need to stop watching the show later in the night cause I am tired and miss things. :lol:

I don't think it's that weird. Isn't it supposed to be a small town? I would think it was one of those towns where everyone knows everyone that is from that town. So, it's possible the taxi driver has just lived there his whole life and that's how he knew them.... or maybe he just recognized her from the news or something. (Abby I mean). Or it could be that they're just planting another red herring.

By the way, anyone know what's up with the harpers globe videos? I can't figure them out. Why are there two guys torturing people on those videos? Weird. :lol:

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

That whole "ink in the eyes" was pretty gross - it made me quiver.
    I hadn't thought about tattoo ink, though. I thought it was the ink taken from the pen that colored in the Dad's eyes in that newspaper clipping. :confused:
    It's all very tricky -- why did it match the bear statue's red eyes? I didn't get that part, nor did I get what the red-inked eyes were supposed to represent either. :shifty:

10. GregNickRyanFan

I don't know what it means, but I'm sure the BAU would have some theories. :lol:

11. goldnhart

goldnhart Rookie

I recorded a couple of episodes but couldn't bring myself to watch.
    However, I was wondering if any of the murders were faked, and that the killer is actually one of the people who has already been killed off. Is that possible?

12. GregNickRyanFan

I guess it could seeing as to how only Kelly's body has been found and I think Hunter's body is found in the upcoming ep, but I'm not positive. But, the only ones killed other than them two was the priest, the uncle, the cousin and some girl who had a dog. I don't think the three men's deaths were faked as two lost their heads and one lost the lower half of his body. And I don't think the girl with the dog could be the killer. She was set on fire, so hers would be the only possible out of all of them (besides Hunter who was just shot) that could be faked if she was wearing flame resistant clothing or something, but most likely not. That isn't to say that some future "death" couldn't be faked.

13. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Those red eyes were creepy. Kinda satanic.

This was a good episode. I was glad to see the English dude get back at the blonde cheesey/sleasy dude. Nicely played. I also love his little discussion with the bride's brother-in-law about how he scored such a babe. :lol:

I'm still into this show. I think it could be an interesting little mystery, in the end. And I haven't got a clue as to who could be committing the murders. :lol: I think I'm gonna need a few more clues before I can even begin to speculate.

14. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

:shifty: I just started to watch the show and love all the Supernatural faces! I actually had the idea that it's the sheriff. :shifty: No idea where that came from. Had a dream about the show as well :lol: not everyone that was hung died, one survivor got off and lived in the woods on the island and came out and started to kill ... random :lol:

15. GregNickRyanFan

I read yesterday on the NY area of the forum that on May 2nd, Harpers Island is moving to Saturdays, permanently.