Criminal Minds #2: How May We Save Your Ass Today?

Discussion in 'Criminal Minds' started by sandersidle, Feb 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Actually yeah... though I still think Reid is way cuter.

I showed my sister (who never watches the show and doesn't know any of the actors, besides Rathbone) a clip of Adam near the beginning, then skipped to the end so that she could see him as a woman, and she mistakenly thought that "Amanda" just some random chick and that Adam was still on screen (she mistook Reid for Adam). I had to explain that Reid is a separate character and that Rathbone was the woman.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

He felt comfortable around Reid cause Reid was more like him (even looking similiar) as opposed to the jock-type who used to push him around.

3. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I was never particularly fond of 52 Pickup, which is why I'm not bothering to watch the repeat tonight... it actually might have been that I was never fond of Todd.

I did however love Prentiss's "hell no" expression when Morgan and Reid pretty much volunteered her to be bait for whats-his-name jerk guy.

4. GregNickRyanFan

They advertised that the new ep is gonna be on an hour later than normal next week. Does that mean that the ep in the normal time slot will be another repeat?

5. Half

Half CSI Level Two

That's weird. I don't know. On the CSI:NY threads they thought that there was going to be a double episode of CM next week.

Ah, I just checked the TV listings, and it says that 9PM next Wednesday is a repeat, the episode The Crossing, followed by new episode A Shade of Gray. I wonder why they're doing that? It seems kind of random. I wonder if there's something that could possibly be scheduled, because the 8-9PM timeslot on CBS is all repeats, too.

I want this season on DVD, already. It's not even over. :lol:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  6. athens

athens Coroner

I just watched the promo and it seems like a good episode,I can't wait to watch it.

^One of the best parts of owning a DVD is the gag reel and the funny moments they have while filming the show.:D[n0t only criminal minds]

7. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

I saw that there was going to be two episodes... rawr. I don't know how I'm goingto pull staying up that late on a Wednesday...

Okay, Mila loved Wednesday's repeat... But the stupid tape was messed up, so I missed my favorite character ever (Prentiss) being bait for the jerk. But I don't really like Todd either (Probably because I love JJ too much)...

8. Half

Half CSI Level Two

~Ooo, we open in the middle again. Those episodes usually end up with the Guilty?UNSUB?
    ~Aw, sad mother. If this was Law and Order she'd be guilty.
    ~Dave, take what you can get.
    ~Whoa whoa whoa. Camden County? HOW CLOSE IS THIS TO WHERE I LIVE? I HAVE A GOD-BROTHER! *clears throat* Back on topic...
    ~Conflict of interest. I love that they address it on this show, but tend not to enforce it. Better than shows that don't even consider it. *coughCSIcough*
    ~Prentiss, that's a really horrible bag. Sorry. You know I worship you, but I have to be honest.
    ~Does something about this seem awkward to anyone else? Like, she seems more in a rush than she is normally is, even in these kind of situations.
    ~Hee, those shots that they do in almost every episode. I've never commented on them before, but they're so much fun. I wonder, are they greenscreen or do the people around them pretend they aren't there?
    ~439 sex offenders? Oh, that's nice to know. *locks door*
    ~Wait, he got the kid from the house? How the hell did no one hear that?
    ~Garcia, we already know that you're part computer. Side note, not a huge fan of your hair today.
    ~What, did the brother do it?
    ~Question: Why does it have to be a registered sex offender? It can't be a new one?
    ~I love that "probable cause" is not using your cell phone or credit card for longer than a day. I could qualify for that multiple times, although I don't have a credit card so it's not that hard.
    ~And this is why we worry about conflicts of interests, COTW. (Yes, that phrase is from matociquala's LJ. If I promote it can I get away with it?)
    ~Laundry and bookmarking episode reviews almost distracted me from the episode.
    ~Is that the exact same thing COTW said in the beginning of the episode? It sounds word for word.
    ~Not very subtle, JJ. Although if Hotch had kept the guy walking we wouldn't be having this problem.
    ~I like the almost-comradary between the parents. Even if your son is dead, you still hope that other families don't suffer like you do.
    ~JJ: Does he look familiar? ME: Rossi? Yes.
    ~"Do you have kids?" JJ still has an uncomfortable pause.
    ~If you're volunteering to walk through that many acres, be my guest, but I know I'm staying here.
    ~Iiiinteresting. I also love the immediate reactions.
    ~Am I the only one that finds it amusing that Emily's the youngest (in terms of experience) profiler, yet she's the one that's always talking? Like, the ones that talk the most are Hotch, Rossi, and Prentiss.
    ~Anger!Rossi, in an appropriate way.
    ~I think Emily has a different bag now. Did she listen to me?
    ~Profiling. Is awesome. And I have to say that Prentiss is almost vindictive in this interview. Playing the mother's words over and over to break her down?
    ~They know he's lying.
    ~Prentiss alone with a kid, once again. And she's less uncomfortable than normal, but still uneasy.
    ~She also turns the TV on at the exact right moment. Convenient, but I don't mind.
    ~Kid is scarily calm. He needs some help.
    ~Try him as an adult? How old is he, nine? We in NJ are that vindictive, as far as I know.
    ~Hee, Prentiss pawns off the kid to the one that actually has a kid.
    ~Plane parts: Not as bad as I worried when the immediate reactions were on screen. Sociopath: Well no duh.
    ~"We don't get to pick who wins, Detective. Even if that means no one does." Common theme in this show.

GRADE: A. I thought it was a really good episode. No real complaints. I figured that the brother had done it, but there was enough to the episode itself that I didn't mind.

NEXT WEEK: MICK! I mean- Alex O'Loughlin!

I just realized that I make way too many comments. But nobody has to read them, so I don't care.

9. GregNickRyanFan

The boy's mom was the wife from Journeyman. I knew I'd seen her before. :lol: She reminds me a bit of Rene Russo though.

It took me a bit to realize where I'd seen the cop "Uncle Bill" before. (He was a villian on Sci Fi channel's Invisible Man).

Penelope's hair has red and black highlights.

Derek's running after the pedophile. Get 'em, Derek!

Hmm... different type of body dump. Me thinks the guy who found the body first is the one who dumped the body. That would be "Uncle Bill".

Okay, so maybe Bill didn't kill the kid, but he's covering for whoever did. I'm guessing the other brother. Didn't they do that on CSI? the boy killed his brother cause his brother told people he wet the bed. Only on this show, the dead brother is the one who wet the bed. But, CSI also did an episode where a toddler accidentally killed his baby brother and the family covered for him.

This kid is awfully cold. I think he did it.

Yep, I was right. Wait, he killed a puppy and his parents knew and didn't get him help? What did he do to the brother; what's with all the shocked looks? Oh, he stuffed plane parts down the brother's throat? He's a Sociopath? Yikes. Those poor parents.

Next week: Alex O'Loughlin is hot, but those glasses don't really suit him.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  10. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I really enjoyed this episode. It was really gripping. Unfortunately, I had the brother pegged from the beginning. Even so, it was still a really good episode. I give it two thumbs up.

11. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

I really enjoyed this last episode. I honestly thought that Lancaster did it. And then once the team started to peg him I was like no, that's not right--and then I figured out that it was the boy. I have to admit, that kid creeped the heck out of me! Especially when he was telling Emily how he was happy that his brother wouldn't be there to be annoying anymore...man, that's creepy.

12. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

*Cries* I had to miss it!!!!

*Sigh* Was there any M/G? I really miss that.

13. GregNickRyanFan

I don't think so. I can't remember cause I watched the old ep (or second half) too. In one ep he talked to her and was like "thanks baby girl" for the info she gave him on the case, but I think that was the old ep. :lol:

14. athens

athens Coroner

I enjoyed it too.It had a really good storyline and the brother was a bit creepy.Weird to say that for a child.I also liked that it had a lot of Emily in it:)

oooh,and I liked Garcia's hair too.That woman can do whatever she wants and most 0f it isn't bad at all.Some of them may be a bit odd but if anyone else tried them it would probably be awful.:lol:

15. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I loved Garcia's hair too. I wish I could do something like that to mine, but I'd never get away with it at work :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.