Bones #2: The Jeffersonian Breakroom

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Hrockz, Aug 12, 2008.

?

New thread name

Poll closed Aug 19, 2008.
  1. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The FBI Agent and his Bones

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The Forensic Anthropologist and her FBI Agent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Bones #2 *spoilers*: B&B, Center of the Squint Squad

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Bones #2 *spoilers*: He Thinks She's Better Than Smurfette

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  5. Bones #2 *spoilers*: They'd Always Have Coffee

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  6. Bones #2 *spoilers*: It's More Than A Guy Hug

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  7. Bones #2 *spoilers*: Thanks For The Gum!

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  8. Bones #2 *spoilers*: Dem Bones, Dem Bones, Dem Cute Bones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The Return of Skeleton Girl

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  10. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The foot bone is connected to the leg bone

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  11. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The Jeffersonian breakroom

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I don't think I have ever laughed so hard during a crime show. You're right, Ginna, that was the best line!

Hodgins' toast = :guffaw::guffaw:

The funeral director was funny when he was thanking Sweets.

Then Sweets was like, "Oh...I might have told him the murder was okay."

Booth singing "Sweet Chariot." Priceless.

Brennan's sad face. :lol:

I knew it was the mother. I kept waiting for her to be brought into the story so by the end I knew it had to be her.

Great episode. Great for some laughs.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I didn't see the whole episode (will have to watch it later), but what I did see cracked me up. B&B carrying the body out and Hodgins speech to keep the attention away from the window. :lol: I loved when he threw the glass down. :lol: Angela's expressions during that scene were priceless.

:lol: at B&B singing. Brennan should stick to "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". :lol:

Loved the ending with the other son saying the mom killed the brother with her heart meds and then died cause she ran out of meds killing him. How ironic.

3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

That episode was hilarious. That whole body moving thing could have been a little too Weekend At Bernie's in terms of cheesiness, but they managed to make it genuinely funny! Especially with Hodgins suddenly stumbling over what started off as a good speech. He really nailed that scene, man. I was cracking up! :lol:

The whole episode was funny in the style I remember earlier seasons of Bones best for- great episode! :)

4. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

Okay, I never thought that I would laugh harder at Bones than when Anglea got nailed in the face with a turkey, but Hodgin's speech totally blew it out of the water. That was hilarious! I love how he threw his glass on the ground...the entire thing was just too great.

I love the whole translation thing. Very clever. Sweets was cracking me up--he always seems a little bit out of the loop--poor guy. Oh my gosh, and Cam putting the sunglasses on him just made everything even funnier. I mean, didn't she think they'd realize that he was wearing regular glasses when they first put him in there?

Overall, I thought it was so much different than regular Bones episodes, but in a good way. I'd like for them to do that every once in a while.

5. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

:lol: Great ep. Very funny. Hodgin's speech while they were dragging the body away was hilarious. And poor, clueless Sweets. Can't wait for the next one :)

6. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

Here are the notes I took while watching...

Had Michelle for a month… she smokes
    A wake. I don’t enjoy this. It’s sad. I didn’t even know the guy and I’m sad.
    They say he died of a heart attack, but Brennan said he was murdered. Oh, sorry. Translated.
    Drinking at the wake. Nice.
    Brenn undressed the dead guy… Well, untucked him, but whatever. And now he has a random bruise. Corpses do not bruise.
    They are NOT stealing the body. OMG. They are.
    Hodgins gives the best speech EVER because they are STEALING THE BODY!!!!
    Hodgins is possessed by Brennan.
    Angela is j-e-a-l-o-u-s…
    Hitler.
    Booth is way grossed out by the vitreous humor thing.
    Poisoned, declared dead, and stabbed.
    King of the funeral!
    He called her sexy!
    Bones is a fantabulous singer.
    Fight!
    Booth isn’t horrible, either.
    Drunken people are funny.
    Hank Reilly was killed by a cup of tea.
    It was the mom…
    5 days later… the mom is dead. Right.
    Awww. He wants her to come and spend time and talk to him. She promises. She would feel better for a moment. She thinks seeing herself through his eyes would make herself feel good.
    That is the nicest thing anyone’s said.
    Sharing an umbrella.
    He wants her to make sure he’s dead. You know, leave him out for a while and check on him. She’d rather refrigerate him so he doesn’t smell.

To make these things clear, anything that says "I" refers to my character because I took these notes for my story and since the story is in first person, I did the same with the notes.

Hodgins' toast was the best part of the epsiode. :guffaw:

"Translated' = The best codeword EVER. :guffaw:At that, too.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  7. athens

athens Coroner

I haven't seen this episode but I have to say s0mething I noticed generally about Bones.
    I think 90%+ of the episodes have interesting cases,good character moments and humor-details - that we all love to watch on a show.On the contrary there are fans on other shows that review badly an episode.This happens very rarely for Bones!

8. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ I'd have to only partially agree with you there... The episodes since the Christmas break have been much better than most of the ones in the first half of the season. With the exception of an episode or two, I was actually feeling a bit disappointed in the writing.

But right now I'm loving it! :D

9. JLo10131121

JLo10131121 Witness

I have to agree. Especially with the reveal of the Grave Digger. Where was the motive or did I completely miss that? It seemed too...nicely packaged, all wrapped, and a bow on top. Know what I mean? I have to admit, as campy as the circus eppy was, that was just damn funny. STILL makes me giggle.

10. Half

Half CSI Level Two

^The weirdest thing about the Grave Digger was that I thought she was too young. Weren't the other victims from a much longer time ago?

The newer episodes are funnier, but I still liked most of the season. Some stuff was off, but that's relatively normal. Considering this season on TV in general, the writing was pretty good...

11. athens

athens Coroner

I wasn't talking about all the episodes,there have been some a bit unrealistic or boring but I find that most of them are good:)

12. andunesilme

andunesilme Lost in the parking lot

I have to agree with ya :D The eps before Christmas-break were boring and I was seriously thinking about not watching the show, but I'm so happy that these newest eps have all been good. Awesome. Actually, the only ep that I didn't like, was the one where Brennan seemed slightly too opinionated with different people. The one with the Indian (or something? I mean that guy who gave Angela the cd when she and Roxie (.. forgot the name..) broke up) grad-student in it? I think that was just .. not nice ^^ I don't know how to explain this..

But, I'm definitely looking forward to see the next ep :D I hope it's as good as the previous ones.

Omg. It somehow feels like more time has passed between this season's first eps and this latest one, than one season. Feels like they're two different seasons :D Weird.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  13. Kohoutek

Kohoutek Prime Suspect

"King of the funeral!" made me laugh out loud. And snort a little bit.

I was similarly amused by Hodgins and his "I can't give you motive from bird vomit." in last night's eppy. :lol:

14. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Tonight's episode was sorta somber

~Bones values Booth's opinion on the choice of her assistant. I think she should pick Wendall..he's too adorable.
    ~Booth speaks Japanese...that is all kinds of hot
    ~Bird vomit...oh Jack, you make me laugh
    ~Everyone trying to determine the Japanese dr.'s gender
    ~Booth fed Bones ice cream....oh so cute
    ~Yes Bones, love is worth it
    ~I wish my brother was as protective of me like Ken was of his sister (oh wait, maybe he is)
    ~Angela hugs the doctor...that was too funny

~Next week looks funnier

15. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

I have to go back and watch the first half of this because I had a swim meet today...

I was not impressed with what I saw. I agree that, recently, the episodes have all been amazing. This one was not up to par. I was extremely disappointed. Parts of it made me laugh, like trying to figure out Dr. Takana's gender, Hodgins and his bird vomit... But Booth feeding Brenn ice cream is the most adorable thing EVER.
    Also, did the recording seem a little off to anyone? The picture and sound seemed... different somehow. Weird.
    I certainly hope next week was better than tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.