CSI: The Movie

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Adzix, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

*dies laughing* I'm so there.:guffaw:

2. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

The way I see it is, I don't understand the point of Sara coming back, except to bring the team milk and cookies. I mean, honestly. She isn't a CSI anymore. When a 'movie' has six working people (eight if Gil and Sara come back), there is no way in hell the time is going to be spread evenly. I think that if the movie will reflect the show in any way, we will get a few Greg, Cath, and Brass scenes, one or two Doc Robbins and SuperDave scenes, a handful of Nick and Sara scenes, and a boat-load of Gil and Langston scenes. I can see it now.

If this turns out to be a real scenario, and my assumptions are right, I have to ask myself, do I want to spend $10.50 on a ticket for a movie that will be the death of me, when I can rent it from redbox for a $1, and watch it in the comfort of my own home, in my pajamas? These questions boggle my mind.

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Ah yes it will

90 per cent Sara and Grissom and Langston

9 per cent Catherine

1 per cent the rest of the cast.

4. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I think if you switch Catherine with Nick, it would be more accurate in my opinion. Nick as of late has had alot of scenes. If anyone is being pushed back, it's Catherine.

5. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I think that is Doc Robbin's job. He baked a pie in one of the episodes. ;)
    As far as Sara not being a CSI anymore, neither is Grissom.
    And, honestly, I suspect there will be other characters in the movie or tv episode besides CSI's.
    In other words, there is room for everyone. Keep an open mind.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

The last thing Sara said was "This is why I can't do this anymore". Than what would be the point to have her except for it be GSR? She still couldn't work the case. She's not an expert in any field, so she couldn't consult. It would make the Sara fans happy, so there would be that.

Grissom isn't a CSI anymore, but he is still a Forensic Entomologist and is considered an expert in the field of Forensics, so he could work a case and the lab could bring him in as a consultant.

7. Zipster

Zipster Witness

Hi guys n Gals. New here, first post as all. I must admit that when I saw this announcement on the News today I was pleased to see it. I was surprised that they'd go this route and still continue to produce a series. It seems to me though that whatever additional exposure the chow gets, can't be all that bad.

I hope that LF stays with the show. I seem to have read rumors that WP is planning a comeback (maybe only in film) but think that LF has integrated himself so easily into the CSI series, that it would be a shame to see him leave now.

Plenty to read, so will pop to other posts!

Z

8. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

10. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Yes, there would be that. :)

My point is we don't know what they have planned or even if it will happen, but I hope we can all keep an open mind. Being outside of LV opens up more possibilities. Maybe they are at a convention or on vacation and they get caught up in something. Maybe Sara has become a professional photographer. Maybe she is doing post graduate work at a European institution. Maybe she helps Grissom with his research. Or maybe they're deciphering the DaVinci code. :lol:
    I think they would have the crime in France, or wherever, and somehow trace it back to some one or something in LV. That shouldn't be too hard to do in a global economy way. Could be stolen art or something. I think it could be very entertaining. I like when shows mix it up and think outside the box.

edited to add: that wasn't my quote speedystokesgirl. I don't know that much about bugs. Nor do I want to know!

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I'm all for Grissom and Sara being kidnapped by aliens and the team works with Mulder and Scully to find them, only to find out they've were on the menu for the aliens. Hehehe..I'd pay to see Grissom and Sara eaten by aliens. I'd cheer the aliens on.

We should be careful with our Grissom and Sara talk as certain folks from a well-known website are whining away about how mean we are to Sara and how they won.

Won what..an Emmy..mmm..never saw that one for Grissom and Sara

back on topic..

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

What did they win? Griss and Sara together, so? The only thing they won was BOTH of their favorite characters and ship off the show. I wouldn't consider my favorite character leaving the show as winning.

The only ones who won, are those of us who aren't GSR fans. I mean if they'd stop putting Sara on a pedestal and actually see all her faults and things she's done wrong, maybe they would understand why people are hard on Sara.

I mean I'm a Nick fan and I can give a list of his faults and things he's done wrong. Sleeping with prostitue comes to mind, but Sara doesn't deserve to be put on that pedestal. None of the characters do.

Sorry, Destiny, I'll slap and hose myself! :)

Back on topic, I know Petersen never cared for the spinoffs (well, I have to agree with that, but that's my opinion), I wonder if tptb will want the movie to be a crossover and they get their way instead of Billy getting his? I'd have to be with him on that one, I hope there isn't a crossover. That could be one jetsetting movie though, Vegas, Miami, New York! Geesh, I'd hate to see the business expenses on that one. :guffaw:

13. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well I do think that this is an interesting idea, but I would have to agree on the spending of money should only several of the cast, both past and present, take priority. Personally, there would be two major components that would have to happen, for this to be successful. An interesting storyline that'll leave you guessing up until the end AND that the entire cast get equal time. Sure I understand that..say, Grissom were to come back, that he'd have a little extra screen time, but the key words are "a little!" I strongly believe that the members of the cast that continue to keep the show up near the top of the ratings week after week, even after keys departures, deserve equal time if not more. They are the backbone to the continued success.

Now I am not a fan of GSR, or the fact that Langston has had a lot of air time this season, but in all fairness, the masterminds behind this particular "thought process" HAVE to keep an open mind in all things that are CSI! Keep the diversity of ALL fan favorites in mind, and share it all equally, or else this could end up a disaster that could possibly ruin the integrity of the show.

14. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

You know, I've been thinking and though if this movie comes to fruition, I know Petersen would be the center of it, but he was also a proponent of an ensemble. I mean WP was the male lead and he should've had a little more screen time than everyone else (well, except the leading lady, Marg), but if you look over the all the season, up until he left, everyone had a fair amount of screentime. Now not all the episodes, obviously, but since langston has come he has always had more screentime, except in a couple of episodes. Now I like Langston, but I wish there was more of a team dynamic.

Anyways, getting to my point, maybe Petersen will be insistent on the ensemble feel and there will be equal footing from all.

I whole heartedly agree with you, DJrideout, that tptb need to look at all angles and take into consideration what all fans want or they will mess this up big time.

15. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

And to think I've tried to play nice.

No one is on a pedestal, but we all have our favorites. In fact, the reason I like Sara so much is because of her flaws. I can identify with her. And I admire Jorja Fox and how she portrays her.

Enough with the Sara/GSR bashing, please. I can't address what is said on other websites, but if you don't like it, don't go there. It is a GSR website, afterall.

Sorry, Destiny. I can only ignore it for so long. Then my head explodes.