Louise Lombard/Sofia Curtis

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by CSILevel1, Mar 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. faceoff

faceoff Witness

Re: Sofia Curtis

Louise Lombard (Sofia Curtis) was fairly well known years ago in a TV series called The House of Elliott on British TV. Then she was dark haired and gorgeous. I hardly recognised her in her first apearance on CSI - especially with an American accent and blonde haired. I hope she stays in the series or returns after her maternity leave.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

for more on Louise or to see her in other hair colors and such try here.
    Official Link

3. faceoff

faceoff Witness

Destiny - thanks for the info on Ms Lombard's hair colour. You know I still prefer her as dark haired.

Sofia Curtis's introduction to CSI suggested to me that she and Gil may later form more than a professional relationship. That "striptease" within CSI overalls in front of colleagues Gil and Brass and her remark to Grissom "I still have underwear on - as far as you know" was extemely flirtatious. Now those ahead of me in episode viewing - don't spoil it for me - whether I am right or wrong. On my TV I have only seen her in 2 episodes . :lol:

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Faceoff you are welcome, i am happy to help, but let us all remember that Louise Lombard, is being filmed less and less, and in black with dark backgrounds, and at odd angles and from basically neck up alot because she is pregnante, and the character isn't.
    Now the reason i re-pointed that out is because at this time it is unknown if Louise will return from her maternity leave (that she is taking in early 2005), she has yet to make know if she will or not.

5. Sidle_my_Idol

Sidle_my_Idol CSI Level Two

I liked Sofia in this episode: she said whatever I wanted to say to Greg :D . But I fear the new addition(sofia and Mia) to CSI will mean lesser time for the regular 7. Sofia was showed just for a while, but Mia had more screentime than Warrickkk in today's episode and that sucked :mad: .
    Applies to Nick as well. Warrick has been getting very less screentime last couple of episodes :( and that's very bad .

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I like to think that he's in the middle of another project and requested to be written light for a couple episodes, but I fear that he may just be neglected. :( Hope not.

7. NZ_CSI_Chicka

NZ_CSI_Chicka Pathologist

havent seen her yet!

8. NZ_CSI_Chicka

what level is she?

9. CSILevel1

CSILevel1 Lab Technician

I think she's a CSI Level 3 and before Ecklie put her in Grissom's team, she had been the acting supervisor of the Day Shift for a month. Before that she had been in Ecklie's team.

10. NZ_CSI_Chicka

okay i'm going to look out for her

11. faceoff

faceoff Witness

Why can't they do a back story explaining the character is pregnant instead of all these weird camera angles and treating us viewers like idiots? Are they deciding whether to kill off the character depending on Ms Lombard's decision on a further series?

Many years ago there was a TV show which had a lead actor who broke a leg. They had done all the outside filming and we had to endure almost a whole series watching the actor pretending he was fully mobile still for indoor scenes. He leaned against walls, propped up tables, talked through open windows. Everytime he needed to move, they cut away from him and cut back once he had reached his mark. It looked ridiculous. I thought we had progressed - but it looks like I was wrong, with Destiny's info on CSI producers hiding Sofia Curtis's "interesting condition" - in "Fraiser" they made the Daphne Moon character "fat" when Jane Leeves was pregnant. :confused:

12. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't think it has anything to do with treating the audience like idiots. Fans of the show know she is pregnant, so it's not like they're trying to keep it a secret. I think it has more to do with the fact that in order for her to be shown pregnant on TV, they'd need to work it into the story, and that's one more complication they don't need right now. I really don't mind it. A couple odd shots here and there doesn't affect the story too much. I can just see it...

"Hey Sofia, you're pregnant!"

"What? No, I'm not."

"Yes you are, you look ready to explode."

"Oh, that. That's from real-life, just ignore it."

She was on Spark of Life last night, and they showed a full-body shot... has she had her baby?

13. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

I loved her moment with Greg last night . . .
    "Rumor has it you used to be a pretty funny guy . . . don't lose that. :)
    I totally agree with Sophia's statement. :D She may be a Level 3 CSI but I tend to think of her as a supervisor. :)

14. Nikka_what

Nikka_what CSI Level Two

Oh...she's British! :lol: I was trying to figure out all this time what her speech pattern was coming from! Speech impediment? Some strange Las Vegas dialect? I got it now!

*hugs Sophia for being so nice to Greg last night!*

I'm actually kind of sad she's leaving now...LL that is, who knows if Sophia is--they might mention her being at a "conference" or have her speak with another CSI on the phone, which I've always thought of as such a lame way to explain away a former/possibly future cast member's absence on any television program. :rolleyes:

15. Guest

Guest Guest

I don't really like Sophia, but she definitely didn't have much of a role in the last new episode...and I don't remember if she was in the one before that, but it seems like she doesn't get much air time now, which bugs me. She showed up in the locker room, and then we never saw her again. Surely she would have had something to do with that case...they had everybody else in on it.

Do we know when she's actually leaving?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.