What keeps you watching CSI:NY?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Apr 22, 2009.

?

What keeps you watching CSI:NY?

1. I love everything about the show!

11 vote(s)
    15.7%
  2. I don't love [i]everything[/i], but I still enjoy watching the show.

10 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. It's the characters that keep me coming back.

37 vote(s)
    52.9%
  4. I love the cases - this [i]is[/i] a CSI show after all.

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  5. I watch the show out of habit.

4 vote(s)
    5.7%
  6. Other (please specify - we like discussion! :D)

6 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

We grumble. We groan. We shake our fists and threaten to change the channel. (Well, okay, some of us do this more than others. ;)) But still we come back for more. So, with that in mind, I thought it might be fun to take a minute to remember why we tune in.

For me, it's mostly the characters - I've grown attached to a lot of these guys and gals, and I want to see more of them and learn more about them. I can't abandon Adam, I just can't. :lol:

What keeps you watching week after week? :)

2. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

I also watch it because of the characters and their interactions. I know the case-and-personal-life balance is difficult to achieve, but I like my episodes with a bit of both without getting too cheesy.

3. Nerazzurri_89

Nerazzurri_89 Victim

Nice idea.
    Definately the characters/actors for me too.
    We're spoiled with great actors like Gary, Carmine, Eddie etc-definately most talented csi cast imo i loves them

I enjoy the leads-Mac, Danny, Stella, but it's the more 'peripheral' characters that set NY apart like Flack and Hawkes and then Sid, Angell, Adam. Great casting there, i usually don't enjoy the 'lesser'(argh can't think of a better way of phrasing it-don't mean to sound harsh) characters as much but they make the show for me. I could easily watch whole eps devoted to them. I always look forward to more screentime for them.

For Vegas i'm all about the cases so i can miss however many eps
    but NY i love for the characters and the personal stories and interaction. For all those tiny blink and you'll miss moments we get and the family style bond.Great chemistry between most of the characters too.

That's what kept me watching even during s4 which is definately my least fave.

They lured me in and got me hooked with the awesome s1 and i got invested, i really loved the whole vibe and i guess i keep hoping for more storylines like that to return. That's not to say i don't enjoy what we have now/the other seasons though 'cos i do :thumbsup: i just think they can still improve because the characters are great and still have so much potential even after 5 seasons....

4. sad_girl

sad_girl Rookie

Well, I can say from all my friends-fans CSI:NY - because of Mac, Stella, Danny, Sheldon ets. We can talk about actors every free second and enjoy it. For example, tomorrow we want to celebrate birthday of Melina - we love her very much:rolleyes:

5. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

I voted that it's the characters. But, part of me watches to see if TPTB decide to do any of the following:
    1) spew stories out of the Black Hole of Continuity (too many stories end up there!)
    2) make stories make sense - too much doesn't make sense. they seem to change our characters too much sometimes
    3) bring back the Old Danny - the one with glasses and who isn't attached at the hip
    4) continue a story once they start it (Reed, Louie, Sam, Rikki....need I say more?)

But, I do like the show - for the most part. It isn't that bad. It's just....dull sometimes. Oh, and lacks continuity. I have hope for the future!

6. jolein

jolein Pathologist

I`m almost ashamed to admit but I watch the show more out of habit then anything else at the moment.

7. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I love characters but i also i love everything on the show (well, ignore some storylines). I love what actors have given to their characters.
    I started watching CSI NY because of Melina but slowly all characters have grown on me. It's their interactions i am interesting about. Of course, a good case is a good case, but in CSI NY i prefer their personal storylines than cases.
    Of course my fav is Stella. She is still a mistery no matter what she discovers in "Helenika" (too lazy to use spoiler boxes) And Mac! there are so many things we don't know about him and hwat it defined him as a character!
    And what about Adam????? Would you change a csi case-related episode for a csi-case-Adam-related episode? I know i would prefer more Adam!
    There are times when a CSI episode is also a personal-wise episode just like happens with Hawkes's storylines. I know i DO want more of those too

So yeah, for me, it's characters who keep me stuck on CSI NY! :D

Debbs :)

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

As a mostly casual watcher of the repeats (On SpikeTV) and a habitual watcher of the new episodes, I can say that the show as a whole keeps me watching. For me, it has more interesting storylines, better character dynamics and less irritating drama (I know, right?) than my other favourite CSI.

CSI:NY's the show I don't nitpick too much compared to other shows as I watch it for the entertainment value and mostly to get away from the garbage elsewhere on television. I have some qualms with it because like every program, it has faults but I've kept coming back and finding myself more attached to it every week.

(In fact, my family are pretty casual watchers and they love it. A lot of times, my dad says "OH leave it here!" when I switch it on. :lol:)

I was a little weary of the show when it first started, being that it was the third CSI in the franchise and all -- most shows don't get three successful spinoffs unless you count Law & Order -- but I kept an open mind and I'm glad I did.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  9. christalann

christalann Hit and Run

I watch because I love the characters. I started watching mid season 1 and have stayed loyal to it every since. I mean how could you leave?!:luvlove:

10. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I love everything about the show. Even the things that I don't like. :lol:

I know it doesn't make sense, but in my world it does. It's almost like the annoying things, such as lack of continuity and the cases that defy belief, add to the charm. I like to get annoyed at the shows that I like, and to grumble about them every now and then, it all adds to my enjoyment. :) I really do just love CSI: NY.

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I'd say some of the characters and the actors who portray them keep me watching. Also I keep holding out hope that things that bother me most about the show will improve. And I think getting involved in the on line fandom keeps me watching too. I like reading and posting here and other places so I keep watching so I can keep up with that.

12. CSInyFAN

CSInyFAN Victim

Hi!
    This is my first post in Talk CSI, my favorite show out of the CSIs is CSI NY. I have been a fan since season two.

13. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Good question. I watch the show because I like the characters and the stories. I like the dynamic between all the characters on the team. They have a very closeknit feel to them and care for one another like family without all the bickering and gossip that could and does happen on other shows. I like the crime scene aspect because it's new and fresh every time.

14. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

It's definitely the characters i that keep me vvatching the shovv. I actually started vvatching CSI:NY after seeing Melina on Providence vvhen it aired here in Denmark in the end of 2007 beginning of 2008. And she just got me hooked on all the other characters on CSI:NY so I cant say that it's a ll characters Ultimately, it's Stella and Mac, that keep me vvatching. If either of them left I vvould abandon CSI:NY by the blink of an eye I'm sure. But vvithout Adam, Sid and the others, it vvouldn't be the same either..

15. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Great poll. :D

For me, it's the characters. With the exception of one (Lindsay), I think they're all incredibly well written and well portrayed, and even when I don't agree with them (Mac getting up on his high horse, Danny calling in with the blue flu), I still feel they're very realistic and interesting.

That's how I feel, too. I love the cases on Vegas and the writing is phenomenal, but I'm not attached to the characters in the same way that I am with the NY characters.