CSI: The Movie

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Adzix, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

What a fabulous post, right on, how diplomatic, and all good points. thank's, for this it really uplifts many, after reading dark negative comments, you hit the nail right on the head :bolian:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  2. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Erica: Sorry...mybad..I skipped the "technical" stuff and swooped right in on the fantabulous idea....BRILLIANT mind, whoever it is ;) *applause*
    I just seriously am in shock about this...I had thought it was some stupid rumor they were going to do a movie, and now Billy, bless that gorgeous, gorgeous man, confirmed it...and I kinda sat there and went :wtf::wtf:

I'm still going :wtf: but with a little more :eek: this time, maybe mixed in with a slight teensy bit of suspicion and, at the prospect of a *HOT* PureJoy scene :drool::drool::drool::drool:. Don't ya love smilies? :p

So, whose mugshots make the promotion posters?

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

He heheh..I love it..I'd watch it for that reason.

Or maybe they could be kidnapped by aliens.

..runs off to write a fan fic about it..

4. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Wow, okay. Just read about this CSI: Movie.

Grissom neeeeds to return! But Sara? Eh. I could do without her. If it ends up being a GSR fest I might as well just not watch the movie, then go look on youtube for all the Greg clips later. Just my opinion.

I have to sayy. I'm excited!! :) So looking forward to see some CSI: LV humor, a crude crime, and something interesting.

I don't want the movie to be centric on any particular person. No 'character in peril' or anything. That wouldn't be fair to other characters if just one or two of them got spotlight in the only CSI Movie they'll ever make.

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I swear a lot of GSR fans griped about George sounding like he had an ego, this article makes think the same thing about Billy P.

I'm all for a movie where Grissom and Sara are deceased and done for.

I mean my god, can't they do a movie with Grissom and the team without Sara:rolleyes:. My God is there no Grissom without Sara..:shifty::scream:

They could do a comedy. I'm thinking Married with Children.

6. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

I can't stop laughing at the stupidity of this entire idea. :lol:

Europe does have CSI, there's no need for Grissom and Sidle. Unless it's WP that wants a paid stay in Paris? And a movie? Grave Danger was the only ep that would have made it as a movie, let it go already.

ETA: Money not rolling in like they used to?

7. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

You know, I don't see how strategically they are going to pull off reintroducing Griss or Sara. It was too hard for them to keep the couple the series, I wonder if they can pull it off in a movie? Mleh, I dunno.

I do think that if GSR does come back, it's going to consume the better parts of the movie, that's just my personal perspective on it. Besides, it looks like enough of the fans downright hate the couple, some of you don't even want to see WP come back.

Yet. I just think it'll be wierd for them to cinematically come up with an excuse to introduce him into a movie, and I reallyyy think the movie would better be just with the team we have now. This is the new team we're struggling so hard to get used to, so let's just keep it how it is. It would just mix things up more to throw back old characters we thought had moved on with life.

And for the love of all that is green, get Greg out of that AV lab!!

8. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

That's right. Every BP and JF fan was mad at George because of his interview and when I read the article you posted I just think what George has an ego??? Oh well he's as innocent as a baby when you read the ego-shit that Billy gave prize...

In my opinion I would like to see a movie with the ones who're still at the show and a Grissom who comes back to help with a case or something... everything else would be sh*t. And it would also be sh*t if they would make it a Grissom/Ray movie... It should be a team thing, then I would be there to watch it... otherwise they will have to live without many CSI fans watching it. And that would be another point to add to the efforts the responsible people make to bury the show...

9. gilsgal

gilsgal Lab Technician

I would love to see a CSI movie. I don't think it will be a GSR fest.
    Sara would obviously not be back as a CSI, but would be with Grissom. There is certainly enough time in a 2 hour period for ALL the cast to have their screen time.

As for how to bring the two halves together: Grissom, even though he's not with CSI anymore, is still one of the top forensic entomologists in the North America, and that could be his entry back....or maybe he needs his old team's help with something. There are certainly many likely scenarios for the team and Grissom hooking up again.

If done properly, this could be a wonderful chance for the regular directors and writers of the series to stretch their wings and really go for it. I am truly excited and happy about this development and can't wait to hear something more definitive on when we can expect it to happen. :)

10. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

WP is clearly talking about two different things here, a movie and an episode of CSI. The European part is for an episode next season, but the movie is probably far from being written.
    I doubt that either Grissom or Sara will return as CSI's. They both changed their course in life when they exited the lab. But they are both still scientists, and both have an appreciation for art, either of which can be incorporated in a storyline in Paris. Tying it to the LV Crime Lab might be trickier, but that is for the more creative minds who get paid to figure it out.
    We know from reading numerous interviews that the CSI filming schedule is hectic and intense, and involves long hours with multiple episodes being filmed at the same time. Off location shooting is difficult. (Didn't CM once mention doing an episode in England?and San Francisco?) I'm sure that's why WP referred to he and Jorja having the time to do it now. But the cast could still be involved; they don't have to shoot all the scenes in Europe.
    Of course, as a Sara fan I am immensely excited. This is the first we have heard that Jorja might reappear, so YAY!!! :beer:

11. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

I must say that with the way the current season is being written, I certainly don't want to see a movie. Doesn't excite me in the slightest. I highly doubt they would focus on the older cast, it would most certainly be Ray centered and I just can't see a big enough story line to sustain a feature length film.

I say keep it to television, start writing the show as an ensemble again and give the TEAM a chance to BE a team.

12. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

I like that...and I agree with you. I think they'd bring Grissom back but in a very, very small, almost BTS way, and it'd be centered mostly on the new team, but I can almost seem them messing up even further and trying to integrate the new & old teams in the same film and it'd be disasterous....I think the entire film will be disasterous...... *sigh*

13. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

See, I'm not sure what to think. All we know for sure is that William Petersen and Jorja are either doing a two-part CSI episode or it has nothing to do with the movie at all.

But, has anyone else agreed to this movie? Marg? George? Eric? not to mention Paul G. or anyone else? To me this seems more like a bit of a rambling on WP's part than something actually concrete.

If it does come together and it gets made, well again I'm not sure what to think. It could be good like the first X-Files movie. That sort of was a bridge between the episodes and those who saw the movie alone. But I don't think generally TV shows do very well jumping to the BIG SCREEN. But again that's me. ;)

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Guess we won't know till we know, and "it's in the works' is a bit vague and murky for now, but it seems to be something that will happen. Here's another link about WP talking about it~It also states, "he may return next year":thumbsup:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8009864.stm

Thank's to britfan for the link~

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I guess Billy presumes or assumes they will do a movie because when Billy says 'jump' TPTB say 'absolutely, no problem Billy.'