The Official Pet Thread pt2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Jacquie, Jul 24, 2008.

1. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

You know to my mind one can't ever have enough cats :D I would like to have another one too but my damn traveling every week don't let that happen... and Juri lives with my mom, I only see him on weekends :( Miss him so much always but when I get back home for weekend he plays his favourite game with me and I'm his favourite toy then...

Yeah I think Troy George shouldn't be alone when he still has that much fun playing :) Juri is sometimes not fully streched and tries to show that with letting his left energy out on my fingers... :lol:
    But for Squeakers it really could be too stressful... Guess you or your daughter need to turn into his toy then... :guffaw:

I love Juri's colour too. His fur looks like it was painted exactly :) It's sad that there are still so many unwanted kitties out there who just wait to get into a loving family... Juri's mom died a few month ago... thank god my stupid aunt hasn't bought a new one yet...

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Oh NickyFan....Juri is such a handsome fellow!! Have fun visiting with him this weekend!

I took my guy and gal to the vet today for their annual checkup. I need to have Ellie's teeth cleaned soon. She has tartar really bad, which is no good for them. :( She got her rear end trimmed today too, so hopefully no more middle of the night messes to clean up in the bathtub! :lol:

Good news too...she can go back to the duck and green pea food which is much less expensive than what we've been using. :)

3. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Great that your cats are better Smokey :) Middle of the night messes to clean up in the bathtub, huh??? I know what you mean... :lol: Juri isn't an angel in that departement, either :guffaw:

Found some pics of him when he was younger... shortly after we got him :)

My first pic of him (that face he has always when he wants to play) He sits there infront of our living room door. That door has a glasspanel in it which starts at the hight of 30cm from the floor... now you can guess how small he was there :)

Sleeping and lieing on the armchair backrest (now he's much to long for that...)

Searching for his playmouse in a huge pile of laundry but when he doesn't find it he'll play with socks instead... :lol:

4. Smokey

NickyFan, what a sweet, sweet cat you have! :) Adorable!

So, I mentioned that Ellie needs to have her teeth cleaned. I never even gave it a second thought while I was at the vet, but I've been looking around on the internet just checking things out and I see a lot of people talking about how expensive it is.

I know it must be done. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this and if it was awfully expensive to get done.

At least there was some good news. She can go back to eating her Green Pea and Duck food, which is only silver plated, not gold plated, therefore a bit less expensive. :lol:

5. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Smokey, having the cat's teeth cleaned is expensive. Now I know we're taking Beaver Bucks to the Yankee Dollar but for straight cleaning I think it was $300-$400 dollars per cat. We've had 2 cats done. One had to have some teeth remove so it was even more.

I certainly won't name any products here but there are teeth cleaning products out there that may help. They certainly won't do what the vets will do but even if you have to get them cleaned you can use these products to help down the road. And no I'm not thinking about toothpaste. I value my hands to even attempt it with any of our guys :)

Smokey if you're wanting to know about some alternatives to vet teeth cleaning pm me :)

6. matt729

matt729 Dead on Arrival

I have a Chihuahua names Little Rascal and a German Shepherd named Jagger!

Jagger is 6 years old. I got him when he was 3 weeks old as a gift from my parents. Jagger has always been my best friend, as I would do anything for him and I know he would do the same. Jagger is pure muscle. He is also suffering from hip problems because he grew to fast:(

Little Rascal is shy. I got him from my ex girlfriend when he was a month old. He is three now. He sleeps most of the day and wakes me up at night(the reason I am up right now lol). I love the little sh** though!

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

OMGG..that is the cutest picture I've ever seen, except for my boy Troy when he was seven weeks.

Those feet predicted he'd be a big boy and he sure is..with a droopy belly-my old vet called it his 'saddlebag'.:lol:

8. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

'saddlebag'??? :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: Sounds cute :lol: Juri has one too :)

He sometimes looks like he's fat but that makes his fur because his mom was a Persian... I love cats with a droopy belly, they look just cute with it :)

Troy George is soooooo cute. When I'll have my own flat I'll get an orange kitty too :D Juri would be happy to have another fellow to play with.

Juri has this attitude to stands his frontpaws together like he has knock-knees. On the pic where he was that small you can see it. Sometimes he looks like a diva that way... weird... :lol:

9. Smokey

Thanks for the tips on the teeth cleaning, Jacquie. I'll think on it a bit, since it will be a while before I can get time off to take her in.

Now tonight :rolleyes: I had to put ear medicine in Cricket's ear. Oh how he hates that! Poor thing is walking around now with his ears all crooked. :( But they will feel better soon with the medicine in there. He just doesn't realize it yet. :lol:

10. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I got only 4 hours of sleep last night. One of my dogs was having puppies and I had to keep getting up to check on her because with the last litter she had she got really sick and all but 2 of them made it. She only lost one this time and they are the cutest little things :D They're a mix of Dalmatian, Pit Bull and Husky ... sounds like a strange combonation, but they're beautiful.

11. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Wow, congrats Something_wicked! I'm sure they're adorable. You should show one day their pics:)

I haven't been here for a while but I should come back. I need to start with very sad news. My grandma's and ours beloved dog, Gaja, died this weekend:( She was ill - pneumonia. All could be ok but she had born with not working well cardiovascular system. She always had problems with health but she was with us for nine beautiful years. It was hard hard for my grandparents and my mom was convincing them that thanks to them Gaja could live so long. Very helpful words and now my grandma needs to keep her attention on our second dog, Sonia. She's still looking for Gaja.

12. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

Everyone has such beautifuls pets :D

Love them, they're all cute :)

13. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

14. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

Awww, I love them :D they looks so sweet :D

15. AnnaDelko

AnnaDelko Police Officer

Hey everyone , you all have beautiful pets :adore:
    My mom, in the last X-mas gave me a guinea pig, her name was Mia but she died 2 weeks after :( She was adorable , when I arrived from school she used to do some little noises and when she was hungry too .
    The way she used to eat .
    I miss her .