CSI: The Movie

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Adzix, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

That's great vegaslights uh, that was a cutsey banter type article for readers to smile and giggle about, and it was Billy and Marg, in this interview.. but I hardly thing the TV characters, especially Grissom would run off to Mexico with another woman.. silly, but they they did have a certain, camraderie, & if a movie is made maybe they'll at long last have a love interest for Cath.. but who did he end up with? I just think if they do a CSI movie that all the original cast should be part of it ~

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Okay then for those who "Don't" want to get into a debate and or Talk then one simple thing, lets not. If it's brought up causally that is one thing, if its just rehashing the same ole, same ole hmm not so much. Thank you. :)

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

I wonder where that would leave Warrick then. Would the movie take place before his death, or after? It'd also be nice to see the return of past characters. I'm with you--I believe the original cast should be in it. I'm all for Jorja being in it, but I believe this movie shouldn't all be about GSR, it should be an ensemble piece.

*looks around* It wasn't me! I swear I swear!

I know I can bribe you with cookies, or even George pics. So I'll just leave those at your doorstep and move right along. :lol: :p

4. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

desertwind, could you please stop this slight trolling thing you always do, please? it always starts a GSR vs. anti-GSR discussion that most people are so tired of, and i would hate to see this thread closed. i understand you like GSR but, b/c of comments you make, the hatred against the ship gets more heated. this is a neutral thread about a possible CSI Movie. if you want to debate on the ship just go to the CSI Ship Debate, although i doubt anybody would want to argue about this, again.

i don't think Friedkin would direct the CSI movie. i think Tarantino or one of the regular directors would be a good choice.

ETA: just saw Destiny's post. thanks for the reminder.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think that actors will sometimes say what they feel they have to say to promote a certain storyline whether its how they feel personally or not. I don't think we can really speculate on what exactly they feel personally because sometimes what they say in one interview may completely contradict what they say in another interview. ;)

I wonder that too about Warrick. I do think though that the movie should take place in the now though. So, maybe they could just have a scene with Eli and Nick and some of the others going to visit him and maybe by then he'll be old enough to listen to some stories about his father and to look through pics of him or whatnot.

I kind of would like Sara to meet Riley and Ray too since she hasn't gotten that chance yet. However, I would prefer if the storyline revolved around the cast as a whole rather than one or two of them. I don't want any of the characters pushed into the background.

And all of the labrats including Bobby should be in the movie. Where the heck is Bobby anyway? I miss him. :(

Oh and Vartann, Vega, Cavaliere, etc should be in it too. And maybe we can finally learned where the heck Sofia went. :lol:

6. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I'd like to see Warrick back...but would Gary be willing to do the movie is the next hurdle. I don't think he would be pushed into it if not ready, nor would he do it if he couldn't give his all.

I'm not sure if I can handle more Sara drama....especially in a movie. There is something about that character that bugged me from day one. But I guess it wouldn't be a CSI movie if everyone available wasn't involved...still I have to wait and see. Who knows if this will even happen...budget cuts and economy an all.

7. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

^^ Adzix:)!

Hmmmm, movie, eh? Interesting. As much as I love the idea, this show is past it's prime, IMO. I think if they had created a movie aroun Season 5 or 6 when the show was really, really good, then it would be a better fit. At least then, we would have only one hog of the movie. Now, we would have two if WP comes on. I believe that WP will be in it. JF? Not sure. Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I would prefer NO JF/Sara. But then again, they probably will "have" to being GSR full circle. Along with what others have said, if it is a GSR love fest, or an in your face WP fest, count me out completely.

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Adzix please mind your own business, it's out of line:rolleyes:, and not your call, to tell other fans what to say or how to post I read Destinys comments and that suffices.. on directors I think that Friedkin and Tarantino are on the dark side of the moon, and it probably would be one of the directos that has been behind this show from the beginning, any one would be great:thumbsup:

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

As for Directors, I'd like David Finch to direct it. Se7en was an amazing movie with the ultimate ending..for those who have seen it, you know what I'm talking about..;):eek:

...hopefully Nicky won't get a special delivery..buwahahahahahahaah

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  10. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

sorry but i think it's my business if someone creates friction over a ship i like. and i don't think mods are enough b/c you do this all the time for years. it's all i have to say in this matter.

anyway, i'd love it if the movie was a collaborative experience. i agree that it would be great if they brought some people back (including labrats like Jaquie for instance). however, i think they would need to focus a little bit more on one or two characters to make a better story. i don't think you can make a good movie giving every character exactly 5 or 10 minutes b/c it would seem chopped.

11. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

^Cameos would be nice. They don't necessarily have to have speaking lines, but seeing cameos from people in the show's past would add a nice touch. :)

12. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

When I first heard this I felt like Kimbo, that CSI is past its prime and a movie would not be that interesting. As much as I liked The XFiles, I didn't like the last movie very much. Then, I thought of the original Mission Impossible tv show. The show was somewhat of a slow paced spy procedural show. The movies were successful because the plots were expanded and they added more action and special effects. A CSI movie would have to rev it up a bit in the action department, but the characters could remain the same. Grissom and Sara could have jobs outside the lab. There are lots of possible storylines for all the characters in a 2 hour movie.
    They'll need to think outside the box some for it to work, but I think it could be good if done right. Whether or not it ever gets done is another thing.

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

And who's to say it's going to be a 2 hour movie? It could be longer, could be shorter. ;)

14. matt729

matt729 Dead on Arrival

This could be really good or really bad depending on how they do it. I would hope that William Petersen would help direct the movie( he knows the show the best). T.V. shows that develope into movies usually don't do to hot.

15. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Agree about The X-Files completely. I loved the series. The first movie was really good IMO, but the second one was HORRIBLE. Not interesting at all. They would have to think out of the box BIG TIME. I would hate for CSI to go down like that. IMO, Grave Danger was a movie on account of it being a two parter. Why can't they do a TV movie, or like Stargate: SG-1 did, and put it on DVD. I would hate for people to think, WTF? when they leave the theatre. I just don't want it to fail! Plus, they are never going to make everyone happy. Someone's favorite character isn't going to get time, someone's gonna do something stupid, someone's gonna hog the time. If it's exactly like the show, then I don't see the point of putting millions and millions of dollars into it. Until TPTB get their little rubber duckies in a row, I would perfer they forget the whole project. JMO.