CSI: The Movie

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Adzix, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

I thought that this subject does not fit any of the current threads and is broad enough for a thread of its own.

If this information is right (and his words are not misquoted) it looks like there is a CSI Movie in the works.

William Petersen confirms there will be a CSI movie.

ETA:
    forgot to add that i'm very excited about it. :D the movie is probably going to include Grissom's (and possibly Sara's) return.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I don't think Sara will return, but I'm sure Billy will be coming back.

If Sara returns what about Riley? What about Langston?

3. Remmy

Remmy Victim

I would like to see everone who helped make the show a sucess be in the film as well as Ray and Riley I dont think it should be a problem.:) But how to include Warrick I don't know.

4. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

Wow! That's so exciting!!! I wonder how long it's going to take them to make it? If it's not going to be on TV, then it must be a really important and interesting storyline for the team.

If Sara comes back maybe she'll get the opportunity to meet Ray and Riley. It would be really nice for both Sara and Grissom to come back. Maybe they'll even throw in a few flashbacks of Warrick.

5. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

As long as there is no concret storyline for a movie I'm not expecting that they'll bring the whole team back together... okay Petersen would propably play a part in that movie but I more think he'll work as a director on that one...

As for Sara... I don't see her back...

Petersen said that it would be a movie in CSI-style in it, so I don't think about a Happy-Team-Finally-Back-Together-Thing... that would just not be CSI...

I would be happy if they would have at least a story idea we can hold onto...
    Let's see maybe we'll get one soon :) I would love watching CSI in the cinema and at least 2 hours long :D

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I just don't see a role for her. I mean she quit and went off to jungle land.

I could see Grissom back to help in a case, but that's it.

7. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Totally agree with that one. She don't wants to come back. She found what she was looking for and that's it. Grissom is another case. He always lived for the job, even in the end he couldn't really enjoy it anymore.

If Sara will come back it would look very insincere for me because it's just not how she is.

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Not to mention, GSR would be distracting from the plot line as the hard core fans will be out demanding the whole movie be about Grissom and Sara and the rest of the cast can just sit on the sidelines as they did for the entire 7th season!

No GSR in this movie please. And in spite of my avi, no ships to mess up this movie.

9. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Yeah and I would HATE that. If there will be a movie it should be without couplings. It should be emotional and it should be gripping but not with some sort of someone standing in front and all the others in the back...

It should be a team movie, just like that :)

10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Yes, indeed, it would be sensational, GSR, and SARA was a intial part of this show for 9 years, and it's what the majority of fans loved, or it wouldn't have happened. Plus, would be strange not for them to come back, especially in a movie. They're not going to live in the Costa Rican Rainforest forever, and fans would wonder how they are. She's had time to lick her wounds and heal, and they are probably now married, & happy. Plus, it would be odd, if he returned without her.. beings their together now.. WP is still got a hand in CSI as ex. producer, and he would have a hugh part on what would happend and what would not, And the Warrick in flashbacks would also be a big kudo, for all his fans~

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  11. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i'd love some GSR in it. William Friedkin said in an interview that if Billy comes back there is a chance Jorja will make an appearance too (i can't imagine TPTB making a CSI: Movie and not inviting the old cast members whose characters are still alive). i would run off to the movie theater in an instant! ;) but i'm not talking about the whole film being about GSR, but a scene or two would make my day.

i wonder if maybe Lady Heather shows up for a bit as well. i honestly would like the whole cast to participate since it would be a 2 hour long event. i'm sure that if they make the movie (and it looks like they just might), there will be enough time to balance a great forensic storyline and character development in just the right way to make everybody happy.

12. Remmy

Remmy Victim

I think in a film there are many posibilies, it may not be only set in vegas and the period of time the film will cover. However they make it I am sure it will be a very good an entertaining film. with all the team :) past and present included.

13. queenlynx

queenlynx Witness

I really hope that William Petersen isn't pulling prank on us. I am so excited for this movie. I don't even care what the plotline is. I'm willing to go to the midnight premire. I say bring it on!

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Here's a link with William Petersen talking about the movie, he's globetrotting at this time, so it looks like this is from the UK. Scroll down a bit and you'll see CSI-THE MOVIE, click on it and it's him talking about it, It's in the works he says "that's why they didn't kill him off, with a brain tumor" how macabe Billy~:(but thank's for thinking about doing this..:thumbsup:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

This news absolutely made my day. It's so refreshing and exciting to hear that a movie could be on its way. News on this raises questions though: what will it be about, who will be in it, how long will it be, and when will it come out.

Speculation anyone?