Question about Csi in general

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Deathwish2120, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Deathwish2120

Deathwish2120 Civilian

Im new, and ive only gotten into CSI for the past 4 or so months, as its not as famous in england as it is in america, and ive currently got CSI season 1 - 7 on dvd, and have got Miami season 1 on order ( Waiting for season 8 to go down in price ) and i was just wondering if they've said anything on releasing future CSI's like Chicago or Los angeles, as im struggling to keep up as it is :lol:

Thanks.

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Welcome to the nut house, Deathwish2120. We once had a thread here about where would you like to see a new spinoff. I had posted something like we have seven days of the week so that there could be seven CSI shows. William Petersen, besides playing Gil Grissom, is an executive producer of the original show. He has stated in the past about how he was against spinoffs, since it takes away from the original. At one time, I think they were considering making a European version. The main problem is that all three of the current series are filmed in the Los Angeles area, except for occasional flyovers or exterior shots filmed in the cities they take place in. It might be hard to find a back lot of a studio or somewhere in L.A. to stand in for Chicago, New Orleans, Washington DC, London, or someplace else. Plus, with the financial problems of the networks these days, they are looking for cheaper alternatives for programming, like reality garbage. That way, they don't have to pay for big money for the stars or special effects.

3. VelvetRose

VelvetRose Dead on Arrival

They have had an episode of CSI:NY where they went to Chicago, and Mac's personal history there would make it an easy place to spin off to, but I don't think they should. Too many spin-offs and it'll just get boring. Plus, they'll run out of case ideas faster.
    I could just imagine if they tried doing a CSI:UK, lol. It would probably be a disaster.

Anywho, somewhere in the region of 20 seasons totalled betwen the 3 shows should keep you busy enough, lol.

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yeah, I think they've said in the past that they have no intention of doing another spinoff. Never say never, I suppose, but right now I don't think it's likely to happen. :)

5. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I heard a few yrs ago they wanted to do a CSI:London, which would only be shown in Europe. But I don't know if that is going to still happen. No more US spinoffs - Three is more than enough.

6. matt729

matt729 Dead on Arrival

I hope they don't. I really tink more CSI's(I love them) but it would take away ratings from one of the three we already have. Plus, it would be really hard to keep up with any more CSIs!