Who would you want back?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by MacTaylor333, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Definitely bring back Alexx, even if just as a secondary character. She really balanced out that cast.

I wish TPTB didn't get rid of Dan Cooper like they did. That was WAY OOC. Besides, I really liked him.

Bring back Yelina, and for God's sake, let her have some good things happen! A decent man, for one thing. I get the feeling TPTB just loved to abuse that poor woman.

YAAAAAY, I'm glad they're FINALLY bringing back Rick Stetler. I really miss the old H/Stetler headbutting.

2. Joycie84

Joycie84 CSI Level One

Warrick: he was a great character. This guy made me cry when he died (never happens during CSI)
    Sofia: I thought she was very likeable. I wanted to learn so much more about her and then she just vanished from the show. Please come back.
    Cyrus Lockwood: he was a kind detective. Why did they have to kill him in season 3? Shame....

3. matt729

matt729 Dead on Arrival

I agree 100%. When all of them were still on CSI it was the glory days. Not only was the acting better but you could also feel the chem between all of the characters!

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Ditto on all three for me too!
    Warrick will always be missed.
    I thought I was the only one that loved Cyrus Lockwood.
    I liked Sofia a lot.I didn't understand why she was added to
    the opening credits only to disappear.

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

YUP, you hit the nail on the head..:thumbsup: it's a different show now, the chemistry is gone, it's just another crime show, LF is the best, but they all seem to be doing their own thing, and not bonded like the old team and the former CSI days:(

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  6. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

Yeah Cyrus Lockwood was a great guy... I loved that episode so much where he and Nick climbed the mountains to get some much needed evidence. He was so easy going and not that prejudiced like some of the other detectives... a great guy, it's really sad that he isn't there anymore...

And for Warrick... man I'm so sad that they killed him off... He and Nicky together... that was always fun :)

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I would bring back Aiden from CSI:NY, she was my favorite character.

As for CSI - Warrick and occasionally Sofia (I say that because she has her own show next season so she can't return full time). I also want to see Bobby again.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  8. Remmy

Remmy Victim

I would like Warrick Grissom and most of all Sara to come back.

9. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I would love for Warrick to come back, but only if TPTB promised they wouldn't completely ruin his character again.

Sofia was also another favorite, but as someone else said, with her NCIS spinoff lurking, its not likely she will.

10. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i'd like to see all these people backa s well except i wouldn't want to see Rikki come back..... alright maybe Rikki if only the writers can make it interesting and not soo dramatic.

i always wish that Vanessa Ferlito didn't leave NY, she was so awesome playing Aiden. Aiden is still one of my all time fave tv characters even if she was only on for one season.

i liked Detecive Maka she was so cool, i liked her scenes with Danny she definitely one Detective and character that needs to come back. Dr. Giles was a cool guy but then there wouldn't be Adam. Chad was hysterical he had some good scenes.

isn't the guy that played Vicaro now on Miami as that bad guy H keeps going after lately? (can't remember the character's name).

Dr.Zao was awesome he totally needs to come back i mean Sid can't be doing all the work all the time.

i watched "Admissions" the other night and wondered what it would be like if Gerrard was shown again just to see his outcome. sure we know he went to jail but i was wondering what he sentence was and all.

oh what about Jane? i really really liked her and Mac together and she seemed to have a lot of potential as a good recurring character.

and where's Kendall? i liked her i want her back a lot too she was a good character.

it seems like NY has a lot of people that would be cool to see come back. they dropped their supporting characters like flies once they moved to the new lab!!!

11. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

My worry with bringing Rikki back is that they'd just screw up her character for the sake of some ridiculous 'drama'. Like having her suddenly go nutso and try to kill Danny's kid in revenge or something. If they can't do it right, I'd rather they not do it at all. She had an exit, and I'd prefer if they left it at that rather than ruining her character for no good reason.

But I'd really like for them to find a good way to bring her back. Logically, Danny finding out about Lindsay being pregnant should have been a good time to bring the whole Ruben storyline back to the forefront. I think it would have been interesting to see Danny run into Rikki and for him to have to deal with his internal struggle over feeling responsible for Ruben's death and how everything ties in with his impending fatherhood - and maybe even having him tell her that he's going to be a father so we could see her reaction.

I wouldn't want it to be all good or all bad - maybe she'd tell him she was happy for him (and I'm sure she would be because she did tell him he's a good man and she claimed not to blame him for what happened to Ruben), but they'd have to show that the idea of someone having a child would hurt. I think Jacqueline did a really good job as Rikki, and between her and Carmine, I think there could have been an excellent scene to kind of show the different layers to her reaction to his news - and the different layers of Danny's own reaction and how he feels telling her, of all people, about being a father.

But instead, they retconned the whole situation with Rikki for convenience's sake and said the Ruben story was 'over'. What a missed opportunity. *sigh*

I loved Aiden too - well, technically I wasn't a huge fan of Aiden or Danny when I first started watching CSI:NY, but they grew on me. I hate that she left, but I really hate that they killed her off. Now the only reasonable way to bring her back is through flashbacks or hallucinations (ugh, please don't!) - I have to say, I'd like to see flashbacks, and one reason that would be cool is that we could see Aiden (and perhaps some of the other S1 characters) again without jumping the shark.

Nah - the other shows have had multiple lab people, so I don't know why they couldn't have someone like Dr Giles come in every so often to work on a case. I wouldn't want too many lab people, but I think having another person (or a few recurring people that rotate) would work out if they did it right.

If they'd do more two-case episodes (which is funny since we used to complain that all they did were two-case episodes :p), having Dr Giles on one case while Adam is working the other would be fine. Or having them both work the same case would be fine as well - I'm all about quality over quantity. I'd rather see Adam in a few good scenes than in twice as many scenes without making any kind of impact.

Yeah, Kim Coates is playing Ron Saris over on Miami - which just reminds me how hilarious Vicaro was in his one-and-only episode. :lol: Every time I see him on Miami, I'm like, 'Kim, go back to NY!' :p "Hush" is one of the episodes that I still quote to this day. I'd love to see him come back and maybe the fans who watched S1 can get a bit of a nod if Danny is like, 'Geez, you again?' :lol:

Exactly. I mean, if it comes down to episodes where the coroner only gets one scene (like last week), it's Sid all the way - but if (as I said above) they'd do more two-case episodes or just more episodes that have a lot of morgue scenes, Sid could definitely use some help. :p We never got scenes of two detectives working together until Angell and Flack started working together (which is a whole different discussion, but I digress) - so it's about time we got some scenes with two coroners working together. Sid and Hawkes are always fun when they have scenes, so it could be cool to see two current MEs at the same time. (We might have gotten something like this when Peyton was on the show, but I can't remember...Oh, didn't they flip a coin over the mummy in "Not What it Looks Like" or something? - see, stuff like that was fun! :p)

It's disappointing when they start interesting stories and then they fall into the Black Hole of Continuity, never to be heard from again. My only worry with Gerrard is that it might be too long of a gap for it to make sense to bring him back. *sigh* They shouldn't let things drop for so long. Incidental characters like Vicaro and Giles could come back with little fanfare, but with someone like Gerrard, it would have to be a bit of a big deal...

I liked her well enough - if they brought her back, I'd be interested to see how it went. She's a more incidental character (like Giles and Vicaro), so it wouldn't be too difficult to re-introduce her.

And then she and Travers from Miami could have a battle to see who is the better British lab tech - Travers might win, but only because he's so darn cute. ;)

Eh, I wasn't impressed with Kendall - and I was so excited about her before she came! When I first saw that we were getting a new lab tech - and one for Adam to flirt with, no less - I was enthusiastic about her. I was hoping for someone like Garcia on Criminal Minds: cute, smart, quirky and just downright awesome (not unlike Adam, actually :p). But then Kendall came and it was like...snobby lab Barbie, IMO. I've seen Bess Wohl on other shows and liked her, but I just couldn't get into Kendall as a character.

Now, with that being said, she was only in like 3 episodes - so if they brought her back and fleshed out her character, I might grow to love her. But she couldn't keep teasing poor Adam - that's just not fair. The boy needs some lovin'. :p

I know! They have had enough recurring characters that they could show them once or twice a season and create a much more...established feel to the lab. As it is, everybody but our core cast comes and goes - and never comes back. It might be nice if we saw Detective Scagnetti once or twice a year, or if Chad popped up in a scene every once in a while.

Budget-wise, this might not be feasible, but a girl can dream. :p

Another character I'd like to see come back for a few episodes is Quinn Shelby - I know she's a bit of a polarizing character, but Kristen Dalton was really good, and I liked her chemistry with the rest of the cast. I also liked the complexity of her relationship with Mac and how their history affected their interaction. It's always nice when Mac has something personal affect him instead of it always being about some politician pissing him off. Internal conflict can be just as good. ;) That's not to say I'd want her to return as a romantic interest - although I don't think I would be opposed to it if it was done correctly. (Although, let's be honest, I'm never going to be 100% on-board with any romantic relationships on this show because I never trust that they aren't going to screw it up. :lol:)

12. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

^^^ Faylinn you have won my heart :)

i agree with whats you said totally on the characters, especially with Aiden.

that was such bullshit that the wirters killed her off. i always held out hope that Aiden might possibly come back for some eps here and there in the future. to me there was no need for that, for the sake of the story yeah ok i can see where she was the "sacrifice" to get Pratt but the whole thing was just heartbreaking. the saddest thing for me was to see how only Danny was close to her, it was like the rest of the team just forgot about her once she left (imo).

i like what you said about the Rikki story and how you would like to see it. i can see a story like that working out. Danny as well as Lindsay have a lot of crap to work out especially b/c they weren't together last year. they have baggage that needs to be worked out so bad as indivdual characters let alone a couple. bringing Rikki back and the Ruben storyline could both help and bring unecessary (SP) drama (which i think the TPTB would go the latter).

anyway....

i forgot to say that i would die and go to heaven if Jorja Fox came back to CSI. i really stopped putting effort into watching the show after Sara left. Sara was the first TV character i really got into and enjoyed watching. i was so sad to hear that JF wanted to leave so after that i didn't watch i didn't want to get envolved anymore and be really sad when she left.

13. Kohoutek

Kohoutek Prime Suspect

*sigh*

I would happily let Aiden, Speedle and Warrick RIP if TPTB would just bring back Grissom. Keep Riley, even keep Langston if you have too, just let me have a weekly Grissom fix. Just a bemused one liner, over-excitement about insects, or a pep talk to Nick... Anything.

*sigh*

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yeah, it was definitely unnecessary to kill her. She was gone, there was no need to bring her back just to have her die so horribly. It's like when they brought back Pino a few episodes ago - I guess they thought it would have more of an impact to use a character we're familiar with, but otherwise TPTB don't treat it as anything more than an everyday case (which is then forgotten just as quickly).

Aiden's death was felt in "Heroes", but then it was never referenced again (that I can recall). She may as well have been some nameless former colleague that we had never met before. If they were going to bring back a former series reg to kill her off, they should have made it into a bigger arc - you shouldn't treat big characters like they're disposable. Technically, from a production standpoint, I suppose they all are disposable - but for the fans, that isn't usually the case. Yes, it was nice to see the team work to find Aiden's killer and come together at the end - and it was especially nice to see Danny losing his cool because he wanted to do something - but then that was just...it.

(BTW, speaking of Pino, after seeing "Point of No Return", I'm scared to say I want anybody back on NY - they'd probably bring them back as mobsters or child molesters or something. :wtf:)

In any case, I would have preferred if they'd brought Aiden back as a private investigator they interact with during a case - and then we might see her from time to time (although if we never saw her, we'd still know she was out there in the city, and the potential would always exist). Killing her off just felt like a lazy way of preventing anybody from wanting her back.

Yeah, bringing Rikki back could be a good thing for Danny (and presumably his marriage as a result), but TPTB would most likely eschew anything positive like that in favor of the ridiculous drama angle. Rikki would probably be a whackjob, or Lindsay would flip out because Danny spoke to her, or Danny would act like he blamed Rikki for the issues he's had in his relationship with Lindsay or something else equally ridiculous and out of character for someone (if not everyone) involved.

If they could avoid that, it would be awesome - but realistically, Rikki is most definitely better off in the Black Hole of Continuity. :lol:

Another person I'd like to see back is that mobster guy from "Zoo York" - or any other person introduced with the potential to return in the future that never quite made it back.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  15. Mynerva24

Mynerva24 Witness

NY: Aiden - while i like Lindsay, i still feel Aiden had better chemistry with the team. She worked well with everyone. I know it's impossible, but i want her back alive!

LV: Sofia - where is she?

Miami: Alexx!!! I miss her!