Harper's Island

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Half, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Half

Half CSI Level Two

~The other girl whose mom was killed is kind of scary.
    ~Killing a priest? Not good karma.
    ~Dude, you've been played.
    ~How is it that no one has found one of the bodies yet?
    ~I hope they don't make Jimmy the killer. He's cute, and Abby will need a love interest once people, you know, find the bodies.
    ~Okay, creepy girl? ANNOYING ME!
    ~The frick? So either JD has the worst luck ever, or he's the killer. He seems to obvious though...
    ~I still have no idea about this show. I don't know if I like it or not. I like Abby, and I like Jimmy, but other than that I still don't know whether I like the characters.
    ~Okay, that's bad. That's not cool.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I haven't watched the ep yet. I recorded it though. :lol: What was the body count number for this ep?

3. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Erm... Three.

Priest at Church Henry and Tess are getting married, Kelly (girl that JD was talking to about tattoos), and Somewhat-Bitchy girl with dog.

4. GregNickRyanFan

I figured it'd be three since it was two last week. :lol:

5. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Oh god, does that mean it'll be four next week? There aren't that many characters. We'll run out by the finale. :lol:

6. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Gosh I've been trying to give this show a chance but at points it's hard to keep up with the characters. For a while there were two semi ditsy blonde girl....thankfully one just died so my brain doesn't have to decipher who belongs with the whiny English man.

Killing a preist...what the heck! This pattern of killings is making no sense...but then again Wakefield seemed to make no sense. But it doesn't seem to be the original guy as the way people are dying does not emiulate what happened 7 years ago.

The pit witht he girl on fire was something I had no seen done on a muder mystery, so props for creativity for that stunt.

Overall I'm still on the fence but I'll tune in to see what happens, so they have me hooked. :shifty:

7. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Four, if you count the deer on the hood of the truck. But, I guess you are just counting human deaths. I just started watching the tape from last night, so it will be a while before I see the others.

8. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I was a little shocked that we basically only just meet the sweet old minister or priest or whatever he was and then SHAZZAM! Whoh.

I'm glad they didn't kill off the poncey little English guy. He cracks me up. I wouldn't mind if his horrendous girlfriend gets done in though- she's UBER annoying.

And wow- 5 already! Well, I guess they only have 11 more episodes, so they gotta keep the pace up! :)

9. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

I wasn't too sure rather I liked this show from the first ep. I had been seeing the previews for it for like 3 months and all the hype for it seemed like it was going to rock, well the 1st ep was a little rocky for me. But the ending was good, killing off Harry Hamlin was shocking, didn't see that coming and the way was so cool. There was talk about what was used to kill him that could cut him in half so easily. Well, I don't think he was cut in half with just one swoop, it sounded like he was being hacked a few times, more realistic to me. The weapon used this week to do in the Priest ( didn't see that coming either, well I did when he went walking in the woods, but who kills a preist if the movie isn't about the devil sadistic possession) But the weapon was that blade that was taken from that shop, right? Some kind of axe.

I agree with you there. I couldn't keep track of which blonde belonged to who. I hope the doggie didn't die, it was so fugly it was cute.

all and all I'll keep watching this show. The preview afterwards they showed looks like there will be a lot of action, shocking things, and more gruesome deaths. :thumbsup:

10. Half

Half CSI Level Two

It looked like some kind of, like, sword-ish thing. Like what you'd use to hack away branches in a forest/jungle.
    Yeah, I hope the dog didn't die. I was trying to figure out how to explain why it was cute, but you pretty much explained it. :lol:

In the one promo there was, like, a woman wearing an engagement ring in a cage. At first I thought it was Trish, but the ring looked like the ring that BritishGuy had to propose the BlondeChick1. (Don't know names.) I thought he lost that in the water, though, so maybe I'm seeing things.

11. matt729

matt729 Dead on Arrival

I agree this show is hard to follow at times. It seems like they skip over characters to soon and we hardly know anything about them. I am still not sure if I like it, so give me one more week to make up my mind lol.

What I do know is the show makes every single person look like a suspect, and also a victim.

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I like it. I'm rather hooked actually. If anything I'm just curious to find out who the killer is. :p

There's quite a few characters who are predictable suspects, but for now I'm leaning towards 2 people - Abby, 'cause she's the least suspected, & she could just be a psycho mess from her Mother's murder - multiple personalities?
    or the Father of the bride (name?) for the simple fact that he wants this wedding to be stopped.
    I'm sure next epi I'll change my mind again. :D

13. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I kind of like the "Abby has two mentalities" idea, mjszud, even though I don't think it's possible.

The thing is that there are so many "likely" people. The brother, the ex-lover... pretty much everyone is "suspicious" except for Abby at this point. I'll keep watching the show even if I grow to dislike it because I want to know who the damn killer is. :lol:

14. GregNickRyanFan

Okay, I'm wondering about the deer thing. Did JD kill the deer and they're just trying to make us think the killer did it? I don't think JD is the killer, that's way too obvious because he is the "black sheep" (that's what he's listed as on the website anyway). But, he was washing blood off his hands, so I figured he killed the deer to mess with Shane (who is a major jerk by the way).

I kept thinking about Scream and the horror movies rules while watching this episode. I kept thinking back to last week. Okay, Uncle Marty was a drinker and that's one of the rules in a horror movie: you die if you drink lol. I don't know about the cousin. The second ep, the blonde was a bit of a snob, plus being blonde... in horror movies the blonde usually dies first lol. And you're all right about the dog it was so fugly it was cute. :lol: anyway, the dark headed girl with the tatts (is it just me or does she look a little like Katie Holmes?) broke the sex rule... and usually people who have sex (unmarried) in horror movies get killed. :lol: Though by that standard, JD should be killed too, but they need him around a bit longer cause he's suspicious. :lol: I can't figure out any of the rules the preacher broke though.

I thought it was possibly Hunter before, but I'm not so sure now. Cause when Gigi ran off and the girl was looking for her, Gigi ran right back someone's feet and it was Hunter. He wasn't wearing gloves. I think the father of the bride is a good suspect though and if it is him, that makes sense as to why the priest was killed. It doesnt' make sense why Kelly was killed though or the blonde for that matter. If it's the father of the bride, it makes sense with Uncle Marty. Not cousin Ben though cause wasn't cousin Ben the bride's cousin?

Watch it turn out that there are two different killers with two very different motives and one of the killers being the father of the bride (aka monster in law lol) and the other killer being someone else... make wakefield's relative or something.

I don't think it's Abby at all.
    She said in the previews that whomever is doing this wants her (cause she's related to one of Wakefield's murder vics)

By the way, I loved the scene where the groom (who's name I can't ever remember lol- I keep wanting to call him Henry, but I think that was his Ugly Betty's character's name lol) finds the blood leading to the bathroom. I loved the expressions Christopher Gorham made in that scene. He was thinking "oh god, no... not Trish, please..." And he opened the door, went inside, saw the blood leading to the tub and mustered up the courage to look. Then his look of relief when he saw it was just a deer head. That was some nice speechless acting there. Very good! Kudos to Christopher for that. :)

And that poor English guy (Is Cal his name?) being left upside down all that time. :lol: I love what his gf said: "Has anyone seen my cute little English man?" :lol:

Did anyone see a bit of a parallel with the priest though? When he was swatting away those spiderwebs and that woman said "I thought God loved all creatures" and he said "Just because he loves them all doesn't mean he can't give them a swat every now and then" or something to that effect and then he goes into the woods and loses his head. I don't know why they killed off the priest though. I liked him, he seemed so sweet.

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'm pretty sure the dead deer thing was just between Shane & JD. That was my interpretation anyway -- JD put it on the hood of Shane's car, & then Shane took the head & put it in the tub for JD to find, only Henry(?) found it first. All I know is it was pretty damn gross :lol:

Like all the other characters, I think they just want him to look suspicious.

My hubby & I have been watching this together & we talked about it through the last epi -- the Father may have killed Ben because he was a family member, & that would've been one good way of bringing the wedding to a hault.....if the poor guy had been found (lol).
    Marty also pissed off the Father, so there ya go. The priest? Again, another way to stop the wedding. As for the others, maybe he thought recreating the murders from 7 years ago would get everyone scared & the wedding would be stopped. I don't know. I guess if he wanted the wedding to stop he could just kill Henry (is that his name, the groom?) but then that might be too obvious. :p

My other guess would be Abby's Dad, only because they don't show him very often. :shifty: