Bones #2: The Jeffersonian Breakroom

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Hrockz, Aug 12, 2008.

?

New thread name

Poll closed Aug 19, 2008.
  1. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The FBI Agent and his Bones

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The Forensic Anthropologist and her FBI Agent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Bones #2 *spoilers*: B&B, Center of the Squint Squad

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Bones #2 *spoilers*: He Thinks She's Better Than Smurfette

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  5. Bones #2 *spoilers*: They'd Always Have Coffee

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  6. Bones #2 *spoilers*: It's More Than A Guy Hug

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  7. Bones #2 *spoilers*: Thanks For The Gum!

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  8. Bones #2 *spoilers*: Dem Bones, Dem Bones, Dem Cute Bones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The Return of Skeleton Girl

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  10. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The foot bone is connected to the leg bone

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  11. Bones #2 *spoilers*: The Jeffersonian breakroom

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

B&B fantasies... I don't know that I can really see either of them fantasizing at work. Booth, possibly, but definitely not Brennan. And if they did have Brennan doing that, I'd be highly annoyed because it would be so far OOC for her. :lol:

Did they actually say what happened to Sweets? I'm worried that I might have missed that part. :lol:

2. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Jesus Christ, I TOTALLY did.

But the question remains valid.

Anyway.

Know what I kept thinking? And please, Stephen Fry fans, don't kill me...

"Good lord, his nose is crooked."

Love the actor to bits, but I never noticed the extent of his nose-crookedness until this episode.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  3. andunesilme

andunesilme Lost in the parking lot

I thought it was just me seeing his crooked nose. I tried to remember whether he had the crookedness before, but I have no idea. Why haven't I realized that?

Anyway, that was a REALLY good ep :D I liked it. The end-scene was cute, with Gordon cooking and Brennan taking everything too literally. Aww, Sweets teh baby duck.

4. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Great episode. Loved it! Loved seeing Gordon Gordon again :) There were a few things that I wanted to comment on, let's see if I can still remember them...

Loved seeing Sweets in the Death Metal getup :lol:

Loved learning about Sweets past *huggles him to death* Poor baby duck :(

There was a lot more, but the rest seems to have escaped me overnight.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Oh yeah, that's another thing. Sweets in the metal getup. And Brennan saying "Sweets?" Booth: Sweets is there? Brennan: Yeah, well, I think it's him. :guffaw:

Someone has to make screencaps of Sweets with that makeup on... and one of him (from the front) right when she ripped his shirt off. :lol: I just thought he was cute and adorable, but yeesh... he doesn't have a bad body at all. :lol:

6. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Another really good episode. That's like 3 in a row for me now! Yay, it feels like the Bones I know and love is finally back. Hot damn! :)

You know what I don't understand? Why one week of not being able to air Bones (Obama speech) caused them to cut back by one episode and air 3 within the space of a week and a half? I'm no math wizard, but that seems a little messed up.

7. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

Something that really annoys me, because I've already seen it on so many American shows, it's that if the victim has bad teeth they immediately assume he's European, and, if like this case, the victim has good teeth due to some kind of intervention, he's American. Don't they know in the US that in Europe we do have dentists too? It's offensive. [/end of rant, sorry]

I was very glad to see Gordon Gordon again. :)

They had a metal bands database? Wow, they're beating CSI on weird databases avalaible...:lol:
    Btw, those metal bands made my ears ache badly...:p

I'm afraid there's not going to be a mention of Hodgins' tattoo ever, and it's a pity because it could have been hilarious.

8. Half

Half CSI Level Two

My cousin is American, but lives in England. Before she went over, she got her cavities fixed so that she wouldn't be in a tough spot over there. It's not that we don't think you don't have dentists, I think there's a stereotype for how good they are. I personally don't think the stereotype is true, although you might not appreciate the fact that the original reason is because none of the people in the Harry Potter movies have bad teeth. But that was when I was, like, nine. Now I just don't think it's fair to act like England doesn't have dentists.

I also know that England isn't Europe, but I'm Czech, Polish, Scottish, Lituanian, and Irish, so I carry over the "there are dentists" for the entirety of Europe.

9. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

OK, still off topic but... I work with a Serbian guy and he told me about some dental work he had when it was still the former Yugoslavia and... well, let's just say that I'm glad it wasn't me! :eek:

I think for a long time dental care wasn't covered in European country's healthcare plans too, so a lot of people just couldn't afford to go to the dentist. That's what a Scottish friend of mine told me anyway.

OK, back to the show itself- my roomie made a comment about Gordon Gordon's nose right off the bat and then couldn't get past it. I kept telling her to get over it and move on, but she couldn't seem to stop focusing on it! :lol:

10. JLo10131121

JLo10131121 Witness

OKay, it's 4:33am EST here, and I just had to add a couple of observations about the death metal eppy. Loved it!!!!! Very good, interesting. I can't wait until Sweets' book comes out. Gordon-Gordon was back!!! Yay, missed him. I liked his observations of b&b. Interesting how they referred to finding Sweets a place in their 'family.' and how she was referring to him as a baby duckling and imprinting. B&B are the 'parents' of this little motley crue family. "The center will hold." love that line, but one gripe with the ep.

Continuity issue for me - okay, so Brennan was supposedly left in a car truck for two days for dropping a dish. Wouldn't she be completely claustrophobic? Think of all the tight spots they've been in and never once has any problem occurred - hello Grave Digger anyone? In any event, a wickedly solid slam dunk ep. Can't wait until this season comes out on dvd, I may even pay retail. ::shock::

One more thing - the end with B&B and Sweets' observation. Either i'm dense or....I couldn't figure out which one it is that's struggling with the attraction. Booth was surprised and a little out of his element when she was putting the kerchief back, you could see it in his face, but the expression on hers was very tender. Argggg. Which is it?! Don't we get a double-dose again next week?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  11. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

It may have been traumatic for her but it wouldn't necessarily cause her to become claustrophobic. She didn't mention being scared because she was locked in there. She was simply confused and hurt.

I couldn't figure it out either! Perhaps we weren't supposed to be able to tell. Maybe it will be picked up again in a later episode. When I first saw it, however, I thought they were implying it was Bones. But after I rewatched that scene several times, I decided that it was Booth. There was nothing that strange about Brennan putting the kerchief back into Booth's pocket. In fact it's something she would do. But Booth's reaction was like...wow, she just touched me. I'm still not sure though. I hope it's clarified later on.

12. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Of course Booth wants her. I think that's been obvious for a while. So yeah, I think he deals with it every day. The thing is... I think Brennan deals with her attraction to Booth every day too, and that's a problem for her. It's more of an actual struggle for her, and this is why I think that is:

She's getting more and more emotional as time goes on, and I think it scares her. What probably scares her most is that she's been attracted to Booth consistently for years and such consistency contradicts her understanding of anthropological fact, that humans are not monogamous by nature. If the facts of reality are being challenged by her own emotions, well, we might as well assume that she's going through a personal crisis.

That's my theory, and if I'm proven wrong, well... at least I can say that I had a rational basis for my idea. :)

13. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I completely agree with you. However, I don't necessarily think that Gordon Gordon was talking about her. His words were, "One of them is acutely aware of that attraction, and struggles with it daily."

Here's the definition of acute: sharp or severe in effect; intense
    While I think that Bones realizes she has feelings for Booth, and struggles with them, I don't think that she is "sharply/severly aware" of her feelings. Booth, on the other hand, is obviously aware of his feelings. Bones uses her rationality to write off her feelings, but Booth goes by instincts and has nothing to defend himself against his own feelings.

I've always gotten the idea that Booth is waiting for Brennan to "be ready" for their relationship or something like that. Like he's coaching her to an emotional maturity where they could be together. A couple of episodes ago when Bones said she was jealous and she wanted to feel about a person the way Ang and Cam and Booth did--I don't know that I've ever seen Booth look so hopeful. The look on his face was like, "we're almost there."

But ya, maybe I'm just way overanalyzing. Let's hope the writers continue with that particular quote. :lol:

14. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

I totally agree with you. We all know that Booth is attracted to Bones, that is no secret. However, Bones struggles with this attraction and her feelings for Booth because of how she feels about love and marriage. I think that her feelings is a struggle for her because it goes against what she has felt about love for all these years and what her scientific mind believes in. Thinking back to the end of 4x20 when Brennan was talking to Booth. She said that she was jealous of him, Sweets, Angela, Cam, and Hodgins because they feel love and believe in true love unlike herself. Brennan was obviously upset and tormented by this. She feels that she is different because she doesn't feel love like that. But I really think that she does, but like I said, it goes against her beliefs. That is why she struggles with her feelings for Booth. She is struggling with what science tells her and how she feels in her heart. This is the constant struggle Gordon was talking about. If you watch the end of the episode, Sweets looks at Booth, then to Brennan when she is putting the hankerchief in his Booth's pocket. He was looking at her when she caught him smiling and nodding.

15. Bryn Elizabeth

Bryn Elizabeth Rookie

Both episodes were amazing, especially the endings. They were very emotional and very revealing. The end of Thursdays episode made me cry. Poor Brennan, being locked in a trunk! And then Booth was talking about his trauma, but you could tell he was only concerned about her. Also, the end of Wed. ep was good. When he told her someday she would find the one person for her, he kept scooting closer...

I thought Booth was the one Gordon-Gordon was talking about... Probably because he's a man, and because I know he is deeply in love with her.

I agree with the waiting-for-her-to-mature-emotionally thing. I've always kind of had that vibe. I think he's waiting for her to fall in love with him in return. I don't think he has much longer!

We learned a lot about Sweets. I liked that. Sweets is awesome. Although, his life kind of sucks. I want an icon of him that says Baby Duck. Baha, a pic of him in the Kiss outfit with that caption would be perfection, lol.

And YAYYY!!! GORDON-GORDON!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.