Eric/Calleigh romance - why we dislike it. **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, I don't know about THAT happening, but I just don't think everything is going to be all roses and wine for them. I think there will be some kind of hardship down the line before the end of the season. That's just the feeling I get. I could be wrong.

You know, I don't think I've ever seen THIS team eating anything. :lol: I've seen Calleigh chew gum and Calleigh drink water, but I don't think I've ever seen any of them eat. :lol: Do they even eat? :lol:

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Of course it won't be all roses & wine for them b/c otherwise they shouldn't have put these two together, but we all know how TPTB can easily forget what continuity is & it wouldn't surpsime me to see nothing actually happening to them by the end of the season.
    Still I think the worst problem for them will be their relationship being outed.

And we all know why we saw her eating a chewing gum & drinking the water as if she were drinking from a baby bottle :lol: .
    Anway yeah we haven't seen anyone of them having a real break & we have never seen our CSIs eating all together as if they were....oh yeah a team :p

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

^^ I believe it was in 'Dispo Day' Eric had a sandwhich on a plate next to him in the break room. Speed also shared one with Alexx at one time. I think that's all they've ever eaten in the past 7 years. :vulcan:
    Anyway, I wouldn't want to give TPTB a suggestion of our teammates eating because surely we'd just end up seeing Eric & Calleigh dining at some ritzy restaurant that we know Delko could never really afford. ;) I shall pass.

Yeah, I agree...it's pretty fishy, & lord knows TPTB are going to all lengths in letting the fans soak it all in while they can....hmm wonder why. *winkywink*

"Perfect" couples are not fun to watch on TV, & we can already tell that they've made them like a fairytale, so, any conflict that will arise is going to be just as absurd. It'll be a "throw in" just to keep the relationship dragging.
    They'd be better off just letting all this be in Eric's head -- that would be fun to watch. :lol:

4. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I totally agree with you. Emily is just doing her job and she is kidding. She likes to joke around. I remember one time they asked her a question about Jonathan, she joked they were secretely having an affair :lol: It is not Adam or Emily's fault that they were interviewed or that they talked about their pairing, they were responding to what they were asked.

It is upto the writers to give each character a fair amount of screentime. The writers have made improvements for Ryan and Frank, now only Natalia is left. Hopefully in the upcoming episodes she will get more screentime. I saw promo pics for an upcoming episode, looks like she'll finally be on for more than one scene.

5. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Everyone is entitled to their perception. Neither one of us knows for sure. I think that Ms. Procter does like to kid around. But I believe that Ms. Procter is not joking in this instance and that her wishes are what is driving this storyline. This joke has been made one too many times for me to believe that is all it is.

Writers write what they are told to write by the producers who have the final say regarding what submissions will finally make it to air. Producers must keep their actors happy and if they have been served with an agenda by one of their actors, and have choosen to serve that agenda, that is what we will end up seeing on screen as that is what the writers will be told to write.

That said there are people here, like Florry86 and others, who are huge fans of Ms. Procter and it upsets them to visit this subject and my personal views regarding what I believe brought this storyline about. I don't hide that while I used to be a huge fan of Ms. Procter and respect her a great deal, that is no longer true to the extent that it once was.

Out of respect for them (and I have a huge amount of respect for Florry86), we'll have to agree to disagree on this subject. I'm movin' on! :hugegrin:

I also saw the pictures of Natalia for the upcoming episode and I'm sincerely hoping this means she will have considerable screen time in that episode. She certainly MORE than deserves it! :)

6. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

I don't blame Emily, she actress, she wanna show her talent and she needs more screentime and more story arcs for this. And if she said this more then once, i believe she wanna fans to write letters to tptb, even if she show it as joke. You know how many times I received gifts using this trick? :rolleyes: Say something that you want, then say you wasn't serious and just kidding, then you got what you want.(not everytime, but it works :lol:)

7. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Ok I'd like to clarify a few things about the whole discussion is going on here. Don't worry I'm not going to kill anyone ;).
    It's not to make you lose or gain any respect towards me & other fans or towards EP. It's just that I need to say what I'm going to ;)

I'm going to use these quotes since I think they're very useful to me to let you know what I think about this discussion and about Ms. Procter ;)

If you see her interviews especially the old ones, you may notice that she's probably one of the most cheerful people I've ever seen.
    She has always fun & she's always smiling not to mention that she tends to kid a lot especially on her job.

She once said that during s4 there were some children from a school making a tour on their set. During this tour those children suddenly had to see 2 people pretending they were in the middle of swords duel & they were doing it with a pair of gloves. Obviously, those childrend remained a littl bit :wtf: b/c they originally expected this was a serious set.
    Who were those 2 crazy people? Yeah EP & JT.
    Obviously, if this were her first interview you've ever heard, you would think she's crazy or that she said it just b/c it was a funny tv show (in fact it was Megan Mullally's show ;)).

But once you know her, you learn how cheerful she is with everyone.
    I know what you mean by saying that probably she's kidding on this stuff a little bit too much, yeah I'm one of those people who don't like these kind of interviews on e/c & yeah I always want to punch her b/c she's promoting this weird storyline :lol: &, trust me, there are also people who write on blogs complaining about her being so nice to everyone. Are you kidding? How can you complain about a person just b/c she's a very sweet/nice/polite person?

I know her personally & I know that what you see in the interviews is EP thinking & acting as EP b/c that's her personal character.
    I'm not just talking as her fan or as a person who had the fortune to know her, I'm talking as a human being & as it, I'm going to say that you can't judge people just basing yourself on some interviews (all about e/c) without knowing them deeply. This is the same with anyone else. Look, I can't stand Eric & I don't like AR, but I'll never dare to judge his behaviour during his interviews b/c he's just a human being doing his job ;)

As person I do think it's just about respect towards people as human being ;)

Thank you so much & I think you know that I have a great amount of respect towards you as well :hugegrin:.
    Having said this, yeah I think we all should agree to disagree & pretty please, let's move on since this thread isn't entitled "Emily Procter, good or bad???", but it's just"Eric & Calleigh why we dislike it" ;)

She deserves it & I really hope she's gonna work with Eric or Calleigh ;)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2009
  8. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

Really? :lol: I didn't know that! :lol:

I respect EP, why it so bad to think that she wanna fans to write letters? It's not bad at all, if she kidding or not, it's not horrible thing :) I don't see many of her interviews, but she seems very funny person and she said that they not that serious on set :)

Can we talk about EC, cuz it thread about them and what we don't like in this romance ;)

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Yep, & I have something to bring us back into focus. This was sent to me (via PM - thank you, you know who you are ;)) that appeared in the TVGuide 'Cheers or Jeers' section.

I would have to give a huge kudos to the person who wrote this in - a fantastic little read.

10. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

Thanks for this little article or whatever it was :) Sorry EC shippers, but for me it's so true, i don't see anything between this two. And i know some people who wait it was disappointed (ok, i read it only once, but still... :rolleyes: Where one there come many... with time)

11. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Oh this is so refreshing to read & yeah, IMHO, this is so true. If I were one of thier fans, I'd be disappointed b/c:
    -after 2 years of painful waiting, we know they're together just thanks to Ryan's sentence "what's going on between you & Delko?"
    - they're together & all they had was a kiss and a shared bed? :shifty:

12. Dina_Wizy

Dina_Wizy Hit and Run

So, now you think that we don't have enough E/C scenes?
    And as you say about E/C fans, I can say that I also consider that not enough of them, so I would like to see more detailed scenes about they have together.

13. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I'm saying that for E/C fans there are lots of moments but they're not good enough for a canon couple.
    So you can't even imagine how it is difficult for us non E/C shipper to get through them. I mean they're too many but without a precise scope, they absolutely don't reach their goal & yeah for non E/C fans this is " a little bit" painful ;)

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

It's enough of what they've already given us - 2+ years of implying these 2 are "more than friends", showing us this with eye goo, hugs, hand-holding, a peck kiss, & being near when one or the other faces tragedy for more times than I can count. The thing is, E/C aren't romantially capable of making the most of these small moments - it comes off "friendly" more than anything else, & that's where I don't see the chemistry. I don't think they need more oomph to show what they have - they woudn't be able to carry it off even if they tried, imho.

Imo, they will never achieve whatever the goal is, because these 2 simply just do not have the chemistry to pull it off; & based on that "add cheese-lack passion" kiss, & that supposed smokin' hot love scene, I tend to think even TPTB know these 2 couldn't pull it off as well.
    I recall Corey Miller referring to them as having an "interesting dynamic".....hmm, not 2 people full of undeniable, romantic & sexual chemistry, or just plain oozing with uncontrolling passion - but an interesting dynamic? Sounds rather platonic to me.

15. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Speaking as a representative of the E/C clan, for some of us, the romantic scenes they've shown are enough, and sometimes even too much. As much as I adore the couple, I definitely thought the daydream scene in "Flight Risk" belonged in the deleted scenes section of the eventual Season 7 DVD. I'd also like to see Calleigh and Eric pair up with other people at work more often. I love seeing them work together, but I don't watch the show just for them. I liked Calleigh and Ryan's friendship (which may or may not still be there), and would've loved to see Calleigh and Natalia get closer as well. It's really not helping the show or the team dynamic to have the same two people working together constantly and sharing the most amount of scenes, second only to Horatio.

I do understand where you're coming from, though. For a while, I debated whether or not I wanted to stop watching Grey's Anatomy because in EVERY EPISODE they had a dead fiance come back as a ghost to share scenes with the character I dislike the most on the show. It was so immature and painful to watch. For the sake of everyone, I do hope that E/C does not become a big setback for the Miami.

Florry, I really like what you have to say. While we may disagree on some issues, you always present your case in a calm, respectful manner, which is something I try to do but am not sure I always succeed in. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.