CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion--Drama in Alphabet City!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marialisa

marialisa Victim

^ Of course :) (as long as it appears before I go to bed, but I'm sure if it doesn't some of our US friends will be happy to oblige). Mind you, I suspect that it will appear on his EW page as well!

2. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

Please if you do get any new infomation please let us know:)
    Thank you!!!

3. eyewitness

eyewitness Rookie

Here's the link to Ausiello Twitter: http://twitter.com/EWAusielloFiles

I'm not sure Dunbrook is returning on season 6, but one of the spoilers (sorry can't remeber wich one, there's just so many) said the Dunbrook story is connected to the flash drive story - the team finds evidence conecting the dead body to one of the FBI agents who approach Mac earlier this season. Also I read somewhere there will definetely be a cliffhanger in the finale. My theory is probably the cliffhanger will involve Mac's head being at stake (again), and probably the FBI guy is dirty and he is Dubrook's source (FBI guys know a lot about important people, sell it out to Dunbrook who just wants to sell papers).

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Interesting--thanks for the scoop, marialisa! Wonder if he'll run a whole story on his talk with the CSI: NY EP (gotta be Lenkov or Veasey) or if there will be some answers in this week's Ask Ausiello!

5. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

I'm thinking possibly Flack in trouble maybe going after whom ever killed Angel.

6. Jessica6

Jessica6 Police Officer

I thought maybe it was Flack related too- something to do with Angell's death... something dramatic, of course.

7. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

I'd like to see this, but I think it won't happen. The finales have always been Mac-centric and I'm sure this season finale will be as well. Also, Mac will be the one who takes Angell's death personally and go on the justice warpath because that's how Mac is. We might be lucky to get some Flack grief but I think it won't be a major focus of the finale.

I'm curious to find out if Angell is the only death--what will be in the cliffhanger? If someone else is slated to bite the dust, it can't be Mac or Stella (the two main leads); I can't see it being Danny or Lindsay since they'll be brand new parents; I worry about Hawkes and Flack.

8. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

I hope it has nothing to do with your theory. So-called cliffhangers involving Mac can't be considered cliffhangers at all, IMHO. He's the boss, we know Gary's contract hasn't expired, we haven't read anything about him wanting out.. If he's in trouble and maybe forced to resign, he'll come back to the lab sooner or later -in, say, 1 or 2 episodes tops- with renewed strength and confidence and after making the bad guys bite the dust. Geez, I so hate superheros! Just give me humans, for heaven's sake! :scream:

9. CSINYRULZ

CSINYRULZ CSI Level One

Someone posted in their blog about NY filming infront of their Los Angeles apartment complex,

Heres the link to that persons blog, http://csi-buzz.blogspot.com:80/2009/04/csi-i-passionately-hate-idea-of-being.html

And finally, a youtube video which I believe is either from the same individual as above, or someone in the area, nothing really spoilery or anything, just some footage of the set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJdC5IYnFsI

*cant remember if youtube vids are allowed here, if not, sorry Mods, its been WAY too long since Ive posted here*

10. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

^well that's exciting...New York fakes Greece but HEY WE ACTUALLY GET NEW FOOTAGE!!!! I can only hope for massive action in what ever episode they were shooting.

p.s. CBS posted the first 2 minutes of tomorrow's episode on their site...nothing over exciting, but enough to get me through the next 28.5 hours =)

11. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

...wow it's felt kinda quiet around here of late. :lol: And as much as two eps of CM will make me happy, another lull in the airing of CSINY next week just adds to the rollercoaster the show's been on. Kind of a softer kiddie coaster actually. I think I'd rather more extremes in the ups and downs and hoopdidoos all told :p Hope when they do get to running eps consecutively w/o gaps it will really generate some good momentum running up to the finale. If I'm gonna be left hangin' a la Wile E Coyote, spinning my wheels once over the cliffhanger, I want it to have been a fun ride worthy of PV's t-shirts. It's been limping a little of late. Amp it up, TPTB! Plz? :lol:

Thanks for the notice of Ausiello's Twitter page too marialisa . Haven't seen anything new yet, mebbe that means it'll be something more substantial than a mere soundbite, something TPTB will use to help stir things up a bit again as the season winds out. And thanks for those links CSINYRULZ.

While I'm still vaguely curious about the finale, I'm more curious about how they're gonna wrap up the season in the remaining eps before they take us over the edge into Hiatus. I guess I'm just hoping for at least one really good one in the remaining eps before the season's over, don't wanna hafta rely on the finale itself for interest.

I wonder how this week will tie into Dunsbrook's last appearance in the finale, seeing as this is the second in Craig T. Nelson's arc. The other eps look to be a little more self-contained, if I recall the spoilers at least. But who knows. Mebbe they'll set Danny up with IAB for something that will carry over as well. Naw, doubt it. Ya know. It'd mean Continuity and all; but mostly I doubt they'd dilute the impact for S6 with other stories carrying over to the finale, let alone into next season. Well. Excepting DL&Co., I suppose. (...if ever there was something I wouldn't mind falling into Continuity's dustbin...) I expect the remaining eps to be pretty focused within themselves.

I think I'm currently most curious about 5.22 and 5.24. As for the finale, with placing the death within the first ten minutes, I gotta wonder what the additional twists are gonna be, unless it's simply gonna be one big chase to the offseason. It would be nice to see a real team oriented finale.

Lastly, thanks for the promo FB and note GT. Looking forward to a new ep tomorrow.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  12. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Thanks GT looks like a good one!

13. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

I have to agree. CSI: NY may be an ensemble show but Mac has always been the center. While I would like this finale to be different I just don't see it happening.

I'm not really worried about there being another death. I really don't think the cliffhanger is going to be anything major. Who knows though?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  14. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Mac is defiantly the centre of the show, the same way Horatio is on CSI Miami and Grissom was on Vegas (it seems like Langston has taken his place).

15. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

^ Exactly. I just hope the finale is not Mac-centered again. They should learn there are many other wonderful characters in the show and that any of them can be involved in a limit situation that becomes a cliffhanger of any type: bag guys trying to hurt them, IAB... you name it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.