CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion--Drama in Alphabet City!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

I agree. I would prefer to be left guessing rather than them heading headlong down yet another romantic route on the show. It would be crass, OTT and wouldn't do either character or the show as a whole any favors. I think we have had more than enough relationship scripts this season thank you very much.

And I am still mad at the whole Flack Angell build up, just to give us the emotional kick in the guts for the finale. (If thats the way they are going. )

That could have been handled better and built up more gradually throughout the season, rather than the rushed way it has come across in the last few eps. If they had written it in from the outset of the season it would have been more powerful, emotional tag line to a character that has been around for 2 seasons, rather than making her look like one of the sacrificial red shirts from Star Trek.

So with Mac and Stella either leave them alone or show a little finesse please...we dont need things layered on with a trowel. As an audience we can understand subtle. (Pity the writers cant..:rolleyes:)

Other shows have managed to tease audiences for years re what characters felt or didn't feel for each other and keep all of the fans happy why do TPTB on this show insist on laying it all on too thick...

But as I said in a post a page back

"I hope something happens in the Greek ep. But what I am hoping for is a tease, a hint that there is something there.."

Plus as Faylinn said this is all speculation at the moment. Spoilers have been known to be deliberately misleading to gage reactions.

All I am hoping for is an excellently written episode, with some good old fashioned Mac Stella interaction and caring, just like we had in season 1. Stlll bummed they didnt get to shoot in Greece that would have been interesting.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2009
  2. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

I have a doubt, guys. Here it says we'll have five episodes in a row, the finale airing on March 20. Is that true? You may have mentioned before, but today I'm feeling thick as a brick and I can't recall it.

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'm really confused. It would be nice if CBS would put out a press release confirming the change in the schedule. As of right now, I think the schedule on CBS.com is the only place that actually lists a new episode airing this week.

I'm also a bit annoyed because I have to write out the official details for this week's episodes tonight, and it would be nice to know for SURE that we were getting a new episode. Otherwise I'm going to come off looking like a moron. :brickwall:

Dear CBS,
    Get your junk together and plan more than a week ahead, kthanx.
    No love,
    Fay

(I wonder how many people are going to miss the episode because they think there's a repeat this week? *sigh*)

4. Plenilunio

Thanks, Fay. It's not your fault, it's theirs. Don't you worry, we still love you :thumbsup:

5. Faylinn

*feels loved* :adore:

6. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

Hey does anyone know if we are getting a new episode next week?? I thought that next week was going to be a repeat but I was watching CBS the other day and saw a promo for episode 21 "Past Present and Murder" and at the end of the promo it said wednesday at 10pm. I was just wondering if something changed.

7. Faylinn

According to the schedule on CBS.com, they've moved it up so that we get 5.21 this week, and then Criminal Minds airs two episodes back to back on April 22 (which is when 5.21 was originally scheduled to air).

But they haven't issued a press release to confirm the schedule change.

8. wombologist

wombologist Victim

hello! im new here! :) i love CSI: NY! :lol:

9. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

OK now I'm more confused lol. I'm glad we get one this week but why'd they move it up anyway? Just wondering.

10. Princess_Laurie

Princess_Laurie Witness

I'm really confused too. I saw the promo, but I thought it was going to be a repeat next week? If it's new, that's awesome, but they should tell us, 'cause I thought it was going to be a repeat, and I can't watch. :(

11. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Yeah, it sounds like a little schedule juggling. It's too late for them to get notices out in print mags like TV Guide, but CBS really should have sent updates to online places like Futon Critic. But if CBS.com is showing that the new ep is airing this week, it's probably safe to say it is.

12. Faylinn

It seems like they did it so they could have two Criminal Minds episodes in a row on 4/22. Which is cool, but I'm not sure why they didn't figure that out before. :rolleyes: (It seems like they might have originally planned to push 5.21 back to 4/29 but changed their minds and put it on 4/15 instead - probably so there wouldn't be two weeks without a new episode.)

Half of the time the press releases have minor (or major) errors, so I'm not surprised that they didn't even send one out for this. (Although there was one time before when they changed the schedule a few days before the new episode was set to air, and they actually sent out a press release.)

13. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

Or, move it to daytime television, in between two other soaps. :rolleyes: I'm not a soap fan, so I have NO idea what is on these days! LOL!

14. marialisa

marialisa Victim

According to his Twitter page, Ausiello is talking to a CSI:NY executive producer. Could be we will be getting some more info on the last few episodes of the season!

15. Plenilunio

^ I don't have Twitter and I'm not planning on getting an account. If they say something interesting, could you please copy it here? I'd send you virtual cookies :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.