The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #21

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Deirdre, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I have to clarify - it was Riley who mentioned going to breakfast not Nick, so Greg's comment was to Riley. Sorry to burst some bubbles!

But the three of them left together just the same, and the boys shared some space together. I wish there would have been more interaction between them but hey I'll take what I can get.

Welcome Newbies!

2. all falls down

all falls down Dead on Arrival

Yeah, it was actually Riley that asked if Nick wanted some breakfast. But either way, there's still an awesome part of the scene:

Riley suggests breakfast then gets up out of her chair first. Nick and Greg kind of stay behind her, together. (But we all know it's because they wanted to walk together. >:])
    [​IMG]

And then when they leave, they are walking nearly side by side behind Riley. xD Nick or Greg could have easily walked right beside her (especially since she's a girl) but they decided to both stay behind. xD
    [​IMG]

3. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Welcome to all the newbies!

I was thinking about "The descent of Man" and you know, this episode apparently, seemed to have all the potential to make Nick 'look straight'. At least, for once :devil: But .......they didn't even try it!!! :lol: and that's so telling.... There must be too obvious, don't you think?

Instead, at the end of the episode we get Nick and Greg walking side by side when they could easily walk beside Riley. But, neither of them did it. (thanks to the writers for those small hints ;)) And thanks to all_falls_down for this great screencap:

Regarding the Kristy-thing, I remember reading several interviews where George said that he never liked that storyline. George seems to think (like us), that it was a big mistake from the start.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2009
  4. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

^Actually, all falls down and seabird, as I was watching Descent of Man I totally got an idea for a one-shot. Watch this space! :D

I'm so glad we got some Nick and Greg interaction. I loved that they'd go for breakfast with Riley together, and yeah I copped that they were walking more together than not.

So here's a question. In your opinion which Love moment is the most blatant, and which is the most subtle? For me, the most blatant moment is the diner scene where they are grinning at each other like maniacs, and the most subtle is the mirroring.

I'm curious to know what everyone else thinks!

5. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

A very good question! :thumbsup:

Hm, I think I'll answer it by seasons ;):

S1: Who Are You, touching Greg's neck and placing his hand on his chest in front of Grissom while biting his lower lip ... I think I don't have to elaborate on that any more :lol:
    Face Lift, with Greg flirting on the phone and making Nick angry in the process ... more subtle but still there.
    35K O.B.O, although they were talking about women it was a rather flirtatious scene between the two of them!

S2: FELONIOUS MONK!
    [​IMG]
    I don't think that needs any explanation!
    Almost any scene between the two of them in S2 screamed subtext, more or less subtle. Amazing season for the Love. Scuba Doobie Doo, Slaves of Las Vegas, The Hunger Artist, just to name a few.

S3: Random Acts of Violence, "arguing" in front of an "oblivious" (haha) Archie, talking about excessive masturbation in front of everyone in One Hit Wonder and of course the Love Sign in Abra Cadaver in front of Cath.
    As for a rather subtle moment between the two I think the fortune cookie comment of Nick in Inside the Box was rather telling.

S4: Not the best season for our boys but there were some hightlights as the "Thanks, doll" comment in Bad Words accompanied by another touch to Greg's flat chest ;)

S5: well, the worst season for the Love so far. But there was Nick touching Greg in Who Shot Sherlock :thumbsup:

S6: Definitely Rashomama and Nick's "public declaration of LOVE" in front of Sara. As for a more subtle moment I'd go with them looking very much a like mid-season, both long hair and Nick's clothes were hipper (or is it more hip?).

S7: Nick's aggressive behaviour in Fannysmackin', his own admission that he's an ass man in Meet Market and the wink in Redrum.

S8: Definitely the diner scene in For Gedda. That was pure Love there.

Now, that was a rather long post but it's so difficult to pick a few out of all the Love episodes. So, what about you?

6. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

This makes me nervous:alienblush: for some reason

Do you think TPTB , are trying to set up Nick & Riley. Who knows, since their plot to make Nick seem straighter has failed they might just give him a girlfriend:scream:.

I wonder why TPTB are not concerned about Greg's sexuality.:confused::confused:

7. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

It's weird, isn't it. Apart from some comments that Greg had dated women TPTB did nothing really to make him look straight. Did I just contradict myself? Anyway, what I meant to say was that Greg only ever mentioned women when he was with Nick (at least I think so). He's a huge flirt but that's it!
    We saw Warrick flirt with a lot of women and Grissom more than once showed interests in women (plus there is Sara).
    Nick dated a detective, had sex with a hooker and that was that. Come on, even though Kristy was murdered there's no way he didn't have another relationship for seven years. But nothing was ever mentioned again. That itself is rather "suspicious". Nick and women just don't go together :lol:

8. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

I agree its weird.

I think Greg went on a date before he was beaten up in Fannysmacking. When he had that glass of wine (I am sure they said it was a date).

Women have just caused trouble in our boys lives. All they need is each other.

9. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

I didn't think it was a date at all, the attorney took Greg out to celebrate winning the case. It was Sara teasing Greg because the attorney happened to be a woman.

And I don't think anyone is trying to set up Nick and Riley. They just aren't suited for each other, and I honestly can't see it happening. Besides, the team seem to go out a lot lately together, it's not unusual to me that one or the other ask if anyone wants to go for breakfast.

No. I think the Love is safe. Safe and sound and secure. :D

10. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

It was actually Cath teasing Greg about the attorney being a woman ;) Anyway, the way she said it implied that she knew about Greg's "preferences" ... :thumbsup:

As for Riley and Nick, well, I can't really say anything about the two of them, but from what I've seen so far (only a few clips) and from what I've read here, I think that the three of them are just good friends. And I doubt (or should I say hope/pray to any deity there is) that TPTB are stupid enough to turn it into a love triangle.

I actually like it very much that the team does a lot of bonding, it's almost like in older times, makes me feel nostalgic ...

11. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Riley didn't ask Nick to breakfast she asked both of them to breakfast. Tells me she may know about the two of them so she includes them both. I don't see TPTB starting any romance between Nick and Riley, if they paired anyone it would be Riley and Greg. But I don't see either happening.

12. Aquila

Aquila Hit and Run

I know right? There have been plenty of opportunities to blow both Nick and Greg's apparent homosexuality out of the window, and they've done romantic story lines before, so it's not like it's a stretch...but they just never do. It's the little things, and they are all pointing in one direction...

Yeah, it so was. What a flop...and it really did nothing to contradict the paperclip!Nicky case. :p

Now that's not fair. Such a tease. :p

Ooh, great question. I am not sure about either...I will have to think about that.

Ain't that the truth. *agrees* They will be fine, as long as they stick with each other. :thumbsup:

13. Aquila

Aquila Hit and Run

I agree, I think Riley knows about them and likes it. ;)

And yeah, Riley is a better match for Greg, although I don't see her as a feasible match for either of the boys. Ick. I'd like for there to be no more romance if they're not gonna do it right, and I doubt they will, so there it is.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  14. seabird

seabird CSI Level One

Regarding Nick and Riley (and Greg and Riley too), Carol Meldensohn and Naren Shankar have already stated in recent interviews, that "Riley won't be the catalyst for any romance in the lab". And Lauren Lee Smith has also said that she's against the romance on the show and that "Riley and Greg only have a brother-sisterly relationship".

I'll stay tuned :)

The most subtle moments are the little hints the writers drop here and there; like those scenes where Nick and Greg always choose to stand or walk side by side when they clearly have other options: "The Acussed is Entitled", "Inside The Box", "The Descent of Man"....It was also very subtle the way they pointed out the fact that Greg became a car fanatic (in "After The Show") after Nick told him that he should read Car and Drive instead of Sand and Surf ("And Then There Were None"). Nick is rubbing on off him in more ways than one......:devil:

Blatant moments? Too many ;) My favourite blatant moments of The Love, those that scream that there's something going on because two buddies or two brothers don't act like this around each other, would be:

This moment from "Who Are You" has it all: that thumb brushing Greg's neck, Nick bitting his lower lip, the look on Greg's face, Nick's hand on Greg's chest....

[​IMG]

The ass checking in "The Hunger Artist:

[​IMG]

The flirting in "Felonius Monk":

[​IMG]

A jealous Greg in "Random Act of violence"; Greg totally acts like my friend when her boyfriend goes out without telling her :lol: "I thought we had a relationship"....

[​IMG]

Their glances and smiles in the diner scene in "For Gedda". If this isn't love, I don't know what it is! ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I have to stop here because it's only alowed to post six pics :lol:

15. Nick_and_Greg

Nick_and_Greg Victim

Hi all, I havent been here in ages, =( not that I think you people know who I am, I have only posted 2 post. Anyway Gotta love Nick and Greg, the episode with Nick, Greg and Riley was awsome.!! Just saw it on youtube.

Riley: Have you ever been tied up?
    Greg: What do you think?
    Riley:I think you are more to hair pulling
    Nick: Hey
    (Greg looks at nick while he is in the closet)
    Knock it off.
    Greg smiles a little, Nick is jeoulos haha I love it.!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.