LOST # 2 ~ 'We Don't Wanna Be Rescued!'

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Apr 10, 2006.

1. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

^I agree. Young Ben was well casted. I felt really bad for little Ben when his dad slammed him up against the bars. The look on Sayid's face...I think he's beginning to understand how Ben came to be the man that he is. It's interesting really, because Sayid has been manipulated by Ben probably more than any other character. Now Sayid has the chance to see a part of Ben's life that none of the other survivor's can see. (Discounting Sawyer, Jack, Kate, Hurley, etc. I doubt they spend much time around Ben.)

I thought it was funny when Sayid said, "I just saw a 12 year old Benjamin Linus" and Sawyer said something like, "Ya, cute kid, huh?" :lol:

Where is Faraday?

We need to see more Miles. I miss his wise crackin.

2. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Anyone watch those LOST Untangled. They are hilarious!

3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

You know, I'm starting to have this idea that the real "owner" or whatever of the island is Christian. Like he's the one who's really pulling all the strings. I don't know why I think this... I sort of thought Richard was like his arch enemy, but Richard never seems to know what's going on in early times, so I think I was off on that part.

Still, I think Christian is going to have a top level connection somehow.

4. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I don't believe this spoiler has been posted. Be warned, it is a rather huge-ish spoiler. I posted it just as it read.

One of these will die: Ben, Sawyer, Daniel, Jin, Miles.

I really hope it's not Sawyer or Ben. The others I could deal with...but those two are too fantastic. Of course, it could be little Ben dying then getting "revived." That would be kind of cheesy though. I think it will be Daniel. He sort of seems like his time is up.

5. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Finally watched last week's episode. Wow!! :eek: It's been a long time since I went "WOW!!" at something in the show, but that's what I did when Sayid shot young Ben. I can't wait to see how this plays out.

Best line? Sawyer telling Jack, "Three years with no burning buses, then you guys show up!" :lol:

6. BabaOReilly

OK, I love how Hurley finally got one up on Miles. Too funny. And I love Miles, but somehow him making cracks about Hurley's weight didn't seem as acceptable as when Sawyer does it...

Anyway, everything made sense, judging by how Ben turns out, but I have one question- where was that stoned place that Richard took Ben into in the end. It looked totally familiar- like I saw it this season during the time shifting episodes... I can't remember.

7. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

It's where the Smoke Monster comes from.

8. BabaOReilly

Really? When did they show that?

Also, forgot to mention how they cleverly answered Hurley's question about why Ben wouldn't remember Sayeed shooting him- Richard saying he'll never be the same and he won't remember anything. Pretty handy, that! :lol:

9. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I don't remember, lol, but that temple is the smoke monsters house.

Yea, I love how they tied it up so neatly like that. :)

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Here's a link to the Lostpedia section on the Temple, including all the things that have happened there so far. :)

11. BabaOReilly

Wow, that's an awesome link, Smokey. Thanks! :)

12. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I've got some spoilers for you!

This one has to do with relationships...

[Penny is not going to die.] What's to come: Juliet & Sawyer: Going strong. Juliet & Jack: Sorry Jacketeers, but at least in season five, these two are going nowhere fast. Sawyer & Kate: Over the next batch of episodes, Sawyer and Kate get under each other's skin, but probably don't actually get into each other's pants. Jack & Kate: The series' original couple always has each other's backs. But do they make the beast with two backs again this season? Doubtful.Jin & Sun: Jun don't reunite until closer to the finale, but that wedding we told you about? Word on the street is that it's a flashback to the Kwon nuptials]

This is a bit of a bigger one...

Young James meets Jacob at his dad's funeral. [...] Something goes horribly wrong with the construction of a Dharma station. A recent shoot might clue us into how Marvin Candle lost his arm. One death happens before the finale and one might occur during. [...] There will be an assault against Dharma. They will attack the latest Dharma station that is under construction. Jack has some explosive plans which may lead to "The Incident"

Another one which makes me very curious and worried.

We will have a Charlie's-death-level emotional reaction to the character death at the end of season-there will be wailing, rending of garments and general grief. The writers probably had plenty of doubts about whether or not it was really a good idea to kill this particular character. [...] Charlie Pace and the major character that dies this season are polar opposites in at least one key physical attribute.

Wow! Sawyer meets Jacob as a kid? That's crazy. It makes me think that maybe there's some kind of Jacob flashback during the 70's? I don't know. Sad to hear that Sawyer/Juliet is going strong. I don't like them together.

I'm a bit worried about the character death. We already know that it's either Ben, Sawyer, Daniel, Jin, or Miles. The spoiler about a "polar opposite feature" doesn't give us much. It could still be any of them. Though the words "key physical attribute" sound to me like it points to ethinicity. Perhaps Jin then? But he's already "died" once!

13. BabaOReilly

OK, whoh... Ben can be such a dick! He killed the cute Arab with the French accent! Poor Ceasar!

Cool episode though- I love anything that has ancient hidden underground caves, temples and hieroglyphics! :lol:

I really thought Alex might kill Ben- as in, the smoke monster judged him and he failed... but something tells me the island accepted the sacrifice on its behalf. Greedy thing!

I'm sort of digging how John is suddenly going all Jedi with the knowing-ness too. Like he said, it's interesting seeing Ben trying to get used to the switch in "leadership". :)

14. June_85

June_85 Lab Technician

I am quite a fan of Ben but I found this weeks epiosde quite boring and found myself waiting for it to end. I had guess how he had got his bruises and broken arm so the trip to see Penny and Desmond became a formality and was just waiting for it to play through. In a whole this season I am not like the Ben and Locke central storylines. Sun is become more irrelevant as each episode progresses. She is the least contributing of the O6.....well O5.....she beats Aaron........just.

Much preferring the Dharma storylines atm. I enjoyed the Hurley/Miles exchangeses last week.

I did find it interesting thought that Jacks refusal to do Bens surgery to save him resulted in him being turned over to the others where jack thought the refusal to do the surgery thought that it would end in Bens terminal end.

Also liking Reiko Aylesworth addition to this season

15. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I actually really loved "Dead is Dead." Ben is my favorite character. I felt really sad during Ben's judgement scene. For a moment I thought Alex was alive again. :(

I've never liked Locke and now I downright hate him. He's so annoying when he thinks he knows everything.