CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion--Drama in Alphabet City!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

The fact that they're going to do another episode with blinking kinda surprises me actually. They kinda did the blinking before when the woman had Locked In Syndrome (in Blink), I think Mac had her blink twice for yes and once for no or whatever.

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I'm just amazed by how we look at the same things but see them so differently. I don't know how anyone can *not* see the M/S pairing lol. I'd much rather they went down that road than ever did D/L in the first place.

I think in RL it varies by the profession and lots of things. There are a recently married couple where I work at the library. You'd have to look closely to catch anything on the job though. That's handling it good.

And yeah why are they repeating blinking again?

3. lilou

lilou Rookie

There are a big difference between D/L and Smacked. Smacked built their relationship since the first episode. IT'S THE REAL ROMANCE FROM THE SHOW. Not D/L .Lindsay was not here at the season 1. But smack is think since the firt minute. The two caracter are built together and separetly. I'm sorry for Lindsay fan but I think her caracter was clearly built around Danny. She had nothing really more. It's not the case for Mac and Stella. If you look in the other csi show writer always takes really times for romance. For Eric and Calleight writer say they think about it since the beginning but take their time. Like for sara and Grissom (but I'm absolutly don't like this couple). Look Marissol and Horacio. After five episode they get married and she died and just after Yélina come back. In this case the romance really don't serve the show. and for D/L is like this. It is almost bungled. Since the first scene I saw their flirt but I really don't think it'll be serious. Because it was to rapid.
    Not smacked. And is why their relationship is so beautrifull. THere are a real base and solid.

If there are a problem in csi ny is D/L which really turn in soap. Not smacked.

4. OldGuise

OldGuise Hit and Run

Oh gosh. To be honest, even I'm not sure. I guess it's just that after knowing him for so long, he's more like a brother to me. I can't even imagine dating him, at least not seriously.

I think it's because of those experiences, and because I keep him as a best friend and don't wander into romance, that I wouldn't appreciate Mac and Stella hooking up. I can definitely see the chemistry between them, and I know it appeals to a lot of people, but it's just not for me.

That deep, platonic bond is what makes me appreciate Stella and Mac's relationship. I kind of just expect romantic couples to be attuned, but when friends are, that strikes a chord somewhere in me. (That sounds so cheesy.) So in my case, romance would actually detract from the significance of their relationship, rather than add to it.

5. lilou

lilou Rookie

Not for me. Maybe because the last two wedding where I was was between two old best friend who turn in love.
    The friendship between Mac and Stella have some shy physically. With my best friend I can sleep in the same bed of him without any problem. I have many contact physique with him. It's like if for him I'm not a woman but his bestfriends. I'm sit on his knee... and there are no problems. I don't see Mac ans Stella like this. They are so close in mind but never Physically. And for me it's because they have this sort of shy that they must be a perfect couple because it implies something more than she's just a friends....

And for people of think the show will turn in soap. I understand why you scared but before watch csi miami. I resume. Eric was with Nathalia and breaks with her. Ryan ask to Eric the permission to have a date with nathalia but for now there are nothing more between us. Vala was with Nathalia's ex husband. Eric is with Calleight who was date with two cops. One was Raymon's ex partner. Raymon was Yélina husband and Horacio's brother. Horacio is in love with yélina but had marry marissol who was Eric's sister.

For now we can say that csi ny is soft. But like all I really hope they can do for smacked the same D/L disaster.

6. NewKidsFan09

NewKidsFan09 Civilian

I do. Find me by Nha Huynh

7. Nerazzurri_89

Nerazzurri_89 Victim

Nothing gets people worked up like ship spoilers :lol:
    I really don't think Mac/Stella will go the way of D/L though. Their relationship is much more layered and complex. They have so much history and the personal stakes would be a lot higher.

Firstly it's just Melina's ep we have these spoilers for-the writers for season 6 may see Mac/Stella differently and just drop it/not continue it(like Warrick/Cath in CSI). I've always felt Melina was a bit of closet shipper and played Stella as having feelings for Mac, with Gary not so much. So this could just be Melina's interpretation.
    If that happens i'm ok with whatever happens in 'Greece' stays in 'Greece' :devil:

Gary and Melina do have chemistry(whether you see it as romantic or not-personally i do) and also they have a lot of input into their characters. I doubt they'd agree to do something they felt would damage the show.

I agree with people who've said that with the loss of F/A and with D/L fastforwading and becoming canon-married-preggers the writers maybe thought they needed some other romantic intrigue. That's why i don't think Smacked will be going canon anytime soon, they'll probably just make them the prominant will they?won't they? couple that it's deemed every show needs and then just milk it for a few seasons.

It could be interesting-i see them having some sort of 'moment' and then Mac running for the hills=much angst and UST. I'm excited for this eppy :)

8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

It's funny how you can piss and moan and be negative about Danny and Lindsay, but if people don't want to see Mac and Stella in a romantic relationship and talk about it the board is over run with negativity and hatred. And this is a spoiler SPECULATION thread. People are going to talk about what they may or may not like if certain things happen. It doesn't mean it is really going to happen.

Also, people have given reasons. Just because they're not what you want to hear or you don't agree with them doesn't negate the fact that they are, indeed, reasons.

And I don't want Mac and Stella together. Period. I already know I won't like it because it will change their dynamic and I like them the way they are and I like watching a show where the two leads can be friends and co-workers without being in a romantic relationship. I don't have to "wait and see" to know that.

9. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

I have to agree, I'm really hoping they don't get together. I don't want that chemistry to disappear. I love their little glances, and being able to have my imagination guess what they've been up too. I don't want to disappear.;)

Now I am, and always will be a SMac shipper Since Season #1. I was also one of the ones who wanted them together.

BUT... after thinking long and hard on this, it's not what I want to see now. The type of chemistry Mac/Stella share is so unique, so real, that it should not be tampered with, at all. What we fans need to understand, is that once this couple is together, every piece of chemistry, every little look, or touch is going to be blah. All that stuff we look forward too every week, the thrill of it will be gone.

Why? Cause there would be no need for it. No excitement for it. Who cares... they are a couple now. There is nothing left to see or guess. We know at the end of the shift, they go home with each other... where's the thrill in that? There isn't one.

Now you can argue with my logic, as I"m sure you will. BUT... it still won't change the fact that...

You are taking a beautiful couple, who share a very special bond of friendship, and killing it with romance. This is something I don't want to see for my ship, ever.

No one understands more then me, how I wanted them to be together. But that's changed. I've finally realized their perfection is not to be played with. Except in FanFiction. Sorry, but it's true. I can only hope TPTB Don't ruin it and KEEPS THEM FRIENDS.

10. jolein

jolein Pathologist

It is just a plain bad move if they put Stella and Mac together in a romantic relationship because it shoves aside everything that they have been building between them which is a strong friendship.
    Add to the fact that Stella works for Mac and is in no way the same level as Mac,I can see hypocritical situations happen from a mile away.

Gary perhaps has some influence because he co produces the serie but I wouldn`t be so strong about how much influence the actors have cause in the end the higher ups have the last word

Just because they are good friends doesn`t mean they are good in a romantic relationship.
    In fact I know a few relationship of people who were best friends and who failed at the romantic relatioship front.

why should I wait to comment on that spoiler?
    I mean,you don`t like D/L together and I see nothing but negativity on your part about them and now people suddenly can`t be negative about M/S because they are you favorite ship.
    No offense but that is a bit being hypocritical from your side.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  11. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

jolein, do you really think that Mac would be favoring Stella in any way if they ever became a couple? I honestly don't think so. Mac is an upright, honest man. If what you're implying was true, you could always claim Stella got where she is just because they're friends, not because she is a good investigator.

12. jolein

jolein Pathologist

Mac isn`t his holyness,so yes I do think he will favour Stella more then the others
    In fact he already has given her more freedom then say Danny or Hawkes,so it isn`t a big leap.
    I don`t claim that,but if you think I did than those are your thoughts and not mine.

13. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Well, they are not my thoughts, but thanks for the mind-reading attempt anyway. I do not know how on Earth Stella got that cool job of hers, but she's got more freedom than, say Danny or Hawkes simply because her rank is higher than theirs, nothing to do with favorites. I know Mac is not a saint. As far as I know, he still is a human being -unless we suddenly learn he comes from Krypton, who knows-, which makes him fallible. Too bad, isn't it?

14. Nerazzurri_89

Nerazzurri_89 Victim

This is true which is why i doubt TPTB will make them canon right now. Most of the fun is in what you mentioned and maybe TPTB wish they had gone that way with D/L now so they have learnt.

All i'm hoping for is a little progression of where they are now not necessarily wedding bells ;) (Just yet anyway :)) i don't see anything radically changing really.

It may prove to be a bad move(i hope not) if that's what they do do but i don't think it's something that viewers will think has come completely out of the blue. There have been 'romantic' hints in the past imo. Then again you could find evidence for almost all pairings in the CSI verse. Everyone flirts with everyone :lol:

I totally get why people aren't keen on it happening though- i feel the same way about D/L, GSR and Eric/Calleigh. Each to their own:beer: I'm just happy because i never luck out with ships. They all crash and burn. Or get killed off.:lol: all of them

that could be an interesting storyline. I mean if another member of the team felt he favoured her it could provide for some interesting tension. It might force mac to question himself if he realised he had been. I could also imagine Stella being so strong an independent would not appreciate any hint that he was doing so.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  15. jolein

jolein Pathologist

Aha,so because Hawkes isn`t high ranked he get told off by Mac in public but when Stella takes on a case which has everything to do with her private life,she can stay on...yep that isn`t playing favorites at all.

Really,Mac is human..that is a shock cause I almost thought he was superman.:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.