Eric/Calleigh romance - why we dislike it. **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

No, really PLEASE let me clarify. I meant a great duo/job BEFORE they became Siamese twins - not now! ;)
    I'm talking about the first 5 seasons when we'd see these 2 casually working the crime scene or interrogating suspects. That was when I thought they made a great "duo" - not in the sense of being romantic - they just worked well together professionally back then.
    Calleigh always worked well with ALL the guys on the team; she paired off nicely with each one of them, & never did I ever see any special treatment or special looks that she gave Eric over any of the other boys. In all actuality, from where I'm standing, I've seen far more personal moments (back then) between her & Horatio, or her & Ryan than I ever did with her & Eric in the first 5 seasons.

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Now that's much better :lol:. Sorry for the misunderstanding & of course there's no need to say that I totally agree w/ you on here :thumbsup:

Well does she even consider Ryan & H, now? Oh & I think that Natalia just disappeared from her co-workers list :lol:
    I mean she used to treat anyone in the same way & I just can't see it anymore.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I would LOVE to see Emily be one of the contestants on Dancing With the Stars. I really would. I'm not being saracastic, I'm serious.

I wonder that too. I think Calleigh would have gone over to him and asked what was wrong. Eric would have followed her, but probably wouldn't have said anything until after hearing Ryan's explanation.

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well I'd love to see Emily dancing too, not Calleigh :lol:. I think there's a big difference between these 2 girls, while I can see Emily dancing also in a good way (let's face it she graduated also in dancing), I can't see Calleigh doing the same thing :lol:

I really don't know what Eric would have done, but I'm sure 100% that in that case Calleigh would have gone to talk w/ him no matter whether Eric was there or not, & she would have tried to listen to him ;)
    Too bad that they didn't do it b/c right now we're all hating Cal for that stupid scene which ruined the whole episode, IMHO.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I can't see Cal dancing either unless it's line dancing or something. For some reason I can kind of see that. :lol: I can kind of see her hanging with the girls (Nat and Valera) and them going line dancing. it would be a fun scene. :lol:

Well, I think I see that scene a little differently. I saw it as her trying to process everything to the point that she wasn't really paying that much attention to Eric or Ryan at that point. She was too busy going "okay, missing tooth, cut on lip, acting weird, bad excuses about missing tooth, taking evidence, saying he HAD to and there were extenuating circumstances... what does all of this mean?" :lol: I mean I could really see the wheels in her head turning.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  6. captain_nati

captain_nati Prime Suspect

That's another thing that I do not understand, and do not like. Ever since the E/C became cannon *coughs:rolleyes:* we have Calleigh and Eric in every scene together! Is that really necessary? Are we doomed to see them together all the time? Why?? I mean when Calleigh was Jake they were not together all the time nor Eric with Nat, but we knew they were....and we believed it too.

7. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

Maybe they trying show us that Eric and Calleigh can be only together, wanna us to believe in it and show us that we don't have any choice.

8. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

What a way to destroy the whole show :guffaw:. Sorry but I just can't imagine none of them line dancing also b/c I hate this kind of dance LOL.

Well in that case, the problem is her face. I mean IDK I guess I'll never understand her behaviour in this scene.

Tottaly agree with you. While maybe they have to show that E/C work together also b/c she once said that it was impossible to start a relationship b/c of their work. I mean she told him that while she & Jake would have been together & working in the same PD, she & Delko would have been working in the same lab day & night.
    And here's another of my qualms. Why did she change her idea???? I mean she left those puppy dog eyes of Delko while she was kissing another boy exactly for the reason I mention before. And now? She left that boy & few episodes later she goes to the one she left there with thos puppy dog eyes. I really don't get it :scream:

Anway back on topic, I was saying that while I can understand TPTB who may want to show us how it can be very difficult to work together & having a relationship or mayb how it can be nauseating, I have to say that I find it nauseating, nothing more.
    It's not just them working in the lab together & possibely with the other member of the team. Ther problem is this one, they're working together isolating anyone else as if they were on a tropical island with no people on there. It's not like this.
    There are also some other people in that lab & I do want to see them working together :scream:

9. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I apologize for the delay in adding my impressions of "Wolfe In Sheep's Clothing" as it relates to E/C's relationship. RL has been a little trying lately. :( If anything I'm about to say is a repeat, again I apologize. I've only been able to glance over what everyone else has said - and what I've read has been interesting and very much in keeping with my impressions.

I didn't enjoy at all having to try and focus on what was happening to Ryan while having E/C's morning wake up ritual edited in. No way to avoid it, was there? That is what I mean when I say that E/C is shoved down our throats. If you want to see what is happened to Ryan, you HAVE to watch the E/C ship.

Not only is the E/C ship again a strong, in-your-face story throughout the episode, it is a united front - us against them type partnership. It's E/C against the world. More and more I'm feeling that way.

Also, Calleigh gives the impression of being two steps back and taking all lead from Eric. She is quiet with her head down and almost physically appears to be subservient to Eric as he is yelling at Ryan to get out.

She has forever been placed in the middle of the numerous little arguments between these two guys and has always been honest and up front about her position. She stays neutral when it's petty and she confronts the one who is wrong when it's appropriate. But she has always shown empathy, compassion and fairness.

That was the old Calleigh. The new Calleigh sits quietly by and just supports "her man".

I agree with everyone who has questioned where Eric has any right at all to tell Ryan to get his head back in the case. Wow! That was a moment! :rolleyes:

All the dislike and lack of respect I've felt recently for Calleigh was felt in equal part for Eric with this episode. To say I didn't like him is an understatement. I'm not sure where Eric and Calleigh developed their superiority complexes, but they're both very sure that they are far above everyone - at least far enough above to comfortably pass judgment. Something that I feel neither have the right to do with the things they have done in the last couple years.

While I felt like Calleigh was making an attempt to try and find out what was going on with Ryan, I just didn't feel that her heart was in it. I felt the old Calleigh would have been much more insightful and wouldn't have alienated Ryan by accusing him of gambling again. I didn't blame Ryan at all for being angry. Compassionate inquiry is different than accusation. At some point you either forgive and get past someone's mistakes or you don't. Calleigh keeps Ryan's mistakes very much in the present and refuses to let either her or Ryan move on.

Calleigh and Eric both seem to be teflon coated. Nothing sticks to them, but everything sticks to Ryan. I have no doubt that Ryan feels like Eric and Calleigh don't consider him as "one of them". While I think that Calleigh and Ryan have had moments when they seem to be moving toward a closer relationship, I guess I'm not like the majority. I don't see this close friendship that a lot of people see.

Where Calleigh has always treated Eric with kid gloves and has been kind and supportive, to the point of hiding Eric's faults, she has always been very much in your face and bordering on harsh most of the time with Ryan.

I guess I see Natalia as more the kind and comforting friend for Ryan. Much more comforting, compassionate and supporting than Calleigh.

EDIT: Thank goodness Ryan had Horatio and that, as always, Horatio was there for him. I don't wonder for one moment why Ryan wouldn't confide in Eric or Calleigh at this point. The only fault I find with Ryan in this episode is not going to Horatio immediately for help. Horatio has proven over and over that he steps up for his team regardless of the circumstances.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  10. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

I agree with everything you wrote! I don't watch EC moments, but in this ep i have to see it, cuz i'm Ryan fan and never miss any screentime with him.

Old Calleigh listen Ryan, maybe she still would be mad, but she always listen any, lame or not, explanation. Now she just take her man side. When Ryan look at her, i think he was hopped that she give him chance to explain as always, but when he saw that she don't, i think that's why he don't stay and saying anything. He need some support, and Calleigh always give it him, but now it all gone.

I have no idea where EC get idea that they above everyone, like you wrote. Come on, Eric forgot his and H little revenge for Marisol? Calleigh forget how she helped her father in season 3, when he thought that accidentally kill someone?

11. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

It annoys me too this superiority complex these two have. Most of Ryans mistakes have just been genuine mistakes. E/C have at times just lied to everyone just to protect their own skins. Perfect example is that cheat sheet fiasco. Would it really have been so bad Eric to take the test? Yes it would because this is Eric. He can do no wrong. How dare anyone question a man who has a bullet in his brain. Calleigh lost all my respect that day.

I too hated flipping between Ryan and E/C in the bathroom. I liked the contrast between Ryans morning and the other teams morning. Why o why could it not have been H or Natalia? Natalia got all of 5 seconds in that episode. Would it kill them to give that scene to her?
    Of course it would. God forbid we should forget that these two are a couple. The eighth deadly sin that is. Mind you if it was their intention to remind us AGAIN that they're couple. It failed. I thought I was watching friends who share an apartment together.

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

They can easily have used Natalia waking up & doing the same thing Calleigh or Eric did while Ryan was cleaning up his wounds. I can't deny that I enjoyed seeing Calleigh's house, but not in this way with Eric in it as a parasite.

And this is even worse than we could have imagined. I can quite cope with the idea of them not being anymore part of the team, but them excluding the rest of the team or, even worse, fighting against them is something shocking & pretty disgusting, IMHO.
    I mean you're not ok with Ryan's behaviour? At least don't make him feel like shit. And they were supposed to be his co-worker :rolleyes:. If I were Ryan, I wouldn't be able to watch them in the eyes &, even worse, to work with them. I wouldn't feel comfortable.

And, even worse, she didn't do anything in that moment. She didn't say anything!!! :scream:

They both should shut up & stay calm. She was the one who covered all the *shit* (please, pass me this term b/c I can't define them troubles anymore) he has created in these last 2 years since his shooting while Eric has been wel....he's went on creating troubles & troubles to his beloved Calleigh :rolleyes:

She wasn't paying too muh attention on it. It looked like she had to show at least some concern, but she didn't want to do it.

Not to mention that Calleigh should perfectly know how Ryan isn't involved in gambling stuff anymore. I mean she helped him in 7x13 - "And they're offered" :rolleyes:. Did Eric take all her memory???

Surely I wouldn't confide them anything. I'd prefer dying than confiding anything to this couple b/c I know that they would just get mad & pissed off.
    Thank god he had Horatio :thumbsup:

Oh yeah a man with a bullet in his head can be a CSI & dive without problems. Too bad that in RL his brain would have exploded b/c of the pressure right when he dove!!! :rolleyes:
    I won't say anything about that cheat sheet b/c I really don't want to write useless offences towards these 2 also b/c I don't want to be banned b/c of my idea about this :scream:

13. Orla_Dark

Orla_Dark CSI Level Two

Or they can give her any screentime on interrogation, but no, they rather die then show EC less and Natalia more. This ep already was with Wolfe almost in every scene ;)

I read the same on Russian forums about Ryan. EC is angels and Ryan is disgusting guy and they scared that he can make trouble to team, EC is always right, sweet and always in time (not overkill). Though, i have one girl on forum who think the same as me, sad, she don't write much.

Agree. He loved her and he don't mind if girl can take her career on line for him and he don't do anything. She said she was ok with it and he let it go. You man or what? He said he change shifts if he would on Jake place, why you didn't do this? It was just sweet words?

14. captain_nati

captain_nati Prime Suspect

O
    If they had given the scene to Natalia, how on earth would they shove E/C in our faces from the very beginning?? Who would we find out that they passed the night together?? *such an indulging information* And how would they show us that not only they are a couple, not only they pass the night in each other places, but have no chemistry?? Please....:shifty::rolleyes:

15. CSI:Canuck

CSI:Canuck Victim

Natalia would've been a MUCH better contrast. But, as stated above, the world will end if E/C is not present in an episode of CSI: Miami and DEAR GOD, we CERTAINLY don't want that.:rolleyes:

Speaking of chemistry (or lack thereof), while I was watching 7.20, I was pulling my hair in frustration during the Ryan/Calleigh scenes in the beginning. Why? Because there was more chemistry, more of a relationship between Ryan and Calleigh in those few minutes, then in the ENTIRE Calleigh/Eric mess!!
    Was I the only one who noticed this, or was that just my CaRWasher senses tingling?
    Because my sister doesn't ship Ryan and Calleigh, and even SHE noticed :wtf:

What the crap tptb...What the crap...

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.