Twilight

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by sidlewannabee, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Showtime

Showtime Police Officer

I finally read it - borrowed my friends and finished it when I couldn't sleep. The only way I can think to describe it is bad fanfiction. Bella's basically the ultimate Mary-Sue character.

The biggest WTF for me (besides the end) was definitely Renesmee. Not the character, that was a pretty obvious "twist" but the name. Ugh. Terrible.

2. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

BD is the second best book in the series IMHO. though Im still not that fond of Jacob, and never will after Eclipse, I liked his POV. I missed Alice and Emmett in BD. I love Edward but these two are so funny

I too wonder what Steph was smoking when she came up with the name Renesmee. I dont even know how to pronounce it :confused:

I was also curious about Edwards POV from NM but as Steph said in an interview it would be pretty depressing. and I had enough depression from reading NM and Ec. but I would love to read his POV on the accident during Bellas b-day party and the "break-up", on the wedding, on hearing Nessie for the first time, on Bellas transformation and most of all, on hearing her thoughts for the fisrts time

3. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

i felt the same way. i wasn't mad about the story i was just confused. to me it didn't seem like the ending fit very well. i too am annoyed about the "Renesmee" name. i had a hard time trying to pronounce that one.

oh well, it's not my story. at least i found out how the tale ends, right?

4. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

Hey you guys the first Twilight movie is coming out pretty soon and I think it is going to be a success. I am a little disappointed that Harry Potter moved its date back and Twilight took over. i wanted to see the two movies clash. That would have been pretty cool to see whcih one would win. Also did you guys hear that Steph isn't going to do Midnight Sun. I was mad when I heard that. I don't really want to read the first 15 chapters. But they are on her website.

5. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

She is going to do the book, just not right now. This has been explained may times on her website also on Twilight Guy she's not stopping Midnight Sun, simply taking a break to get her life back in order. I don't blame her what they did with leaking the chapters is disgusting. No author should have to go though that, but in this day and time with the internet is does happen. Stephenie put the chapters on her site because she didn't want fans to feel guilty about downloading the illegal set.

6. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

I cant wait for the movie, I was mad when they pushed HP back to July but at least we will get to see Twilight sooner

as for MS - I read her reasoning she posted on her side and to me she sounded like a spoiled child that didnt get its way, but its her book and her decission - I dont mind the decission per se, its her reasoning that made me very dissapointed.

I dint read the chapters because she said it was only a draft but most importantly, I want to read the whole book at once. not just bits and pieces

7. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i just read Twilight a few weeks ago for the first time and loved it!!!! i didn't think i'd ever like it but it was so addicting.

i found out last week that Elizabeth Reaser from Grey's Anatomy was going to be in the movie and i now i'm even more excited to see it.

my friend sent me a pic of the cast and they are all soo hot!!! i was going crazy reading the book every time Bella was describing Edward and Robert Pattinson is perfect for the role.

8. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Wow..... not a lot of Twilight fans in these parts? All the fans are probably at S.M.'s site, I'd wager.

9. bumble_bee89

bumble_bee89 Rookie

TWILIGHT! TWILIGHT! TWILIGHT! TWILIGHT! TWILIGHT!

haha.
    :thumbsup:

I have one thing to say about Twilight and that is Dr Carlisle Cullen <3:eek:
    I'm in love with him hhaha.

Has anyone read all the books, I have and they are rather special :scream:
    In a good way of course.

I'm hoping to pop down to London when New Moon comes out and go to the premiere but...money pending really, unless I can tax a lift :D

Anyways, Who else in here loves Carlisle?

10. Hannah06_95

Hannah06_95 Police Officer

Oh i love twilight! My fave book was the first and eclipse. I received my dvd 2day of the movie aswell! What is everyones fave book? I'm looking 4ward 2 new moon coming out. Does anyone know any dates? :confused:

11. lal

lal Pathologist

Hi Read the Books , and thought they were very good , favorite characters is Alice and Jasper , i haven't seen the film yet :)

12. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

New Moon is due out in November. Eclipse is due out the summer after.

I have read all the books 3 times now. The only one I am not a huge fan of is New Moon.

As for Dr. Cullin - :thumbsup:

13. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

i have to say that New Moon was my favorite book out of the entire series. i still get butterflies when i read the chapter The Truth(i think thats chapter 23).

i feel bad for Jacob though. the girl he loves doesn't love him back.

14. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

I know that a lot of people disliked Breaking Dawn but in my opinion it is the best book in the series. I was so happy that Jacob finds his one true love. I love the part with the Emmett/Bella Arm wrestling! I love Emmett and I thought Kellan Lutz was the perfect choice. I like the movie but the book was a million times better. Can't wait for New Moon.

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I just finished BD like 2 hours ago and loved it! My sister kept harrasing me to read Twilight and when I finally did I had to finish the whole saga as soon as possible. The movie certainly can't be compared to the book, but then again there's so much that can't be shown because of the time constraint. I would have to say my favorite was BD, then Moonlight, Eclipse, and Twilight. Favorite characters: Alice and Jacob. I'm kind of in Team Jacob :alienblush:. I'm sorry but I love Jacob and was rooting for him all the way till he imprinted, then I was just glad he was finally happy. He made me laugh a lot.

Can't wait till november for ML :).